THR Anyone been there done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@beachgirl - you'll be fine. I had posterior. Home in 2 days, minimal blood loss and full weight bearing immediately. I believe it's the quality if surgeon and patients attitude and fitness condition. You'll rock this!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hey RB, yes your day is getting close, good for you my man. I am on Day 9 post op. Day one went well, in the hospital by 1pm, surgery by 4pm, in my room by 8pm, ate some dinner, slept well. Day 2 was a walk down the hall with Pt. Day 3 was another walk with PT, and turned loose and headed home. Each day is pretty much lay down, ice the leg, watch movies, try to sit in a chair very little according to PT, and take short walks within your home often, and you should count on doing this routine for about 2 weeks. The post op pain is less each day, which is a matter of your new titanium finding its new home along with your bones and muscles and all those parts learning to get along, right? That's how I visualize it all anyway, LOL. Today, I walked down the driveway and back on crutches with very little pain, hey hey! My left hip remains strong and pain free with THR on it April 9. It is so nice not to have any arthritis pain. I get up every morning and thank god I am not in a wheelchair anymore, and the horrible pain is gone. Looking forward to hearing from you after surgery, it won't be long for you now, RB!
 
That is awesome news.[emoji2]

AVN of both hips. Scheduled for RTHR on July 7th
 
Day 12, I can say there is little pain in my right hip today!! Most pain is under the bandage now, and it comes off on Tuesday, yay come on Tuesday!! I have machinery in both hips, well meshed, well oiled, and moving like fine machinery should, LOL. How are my fellow hippies feeling today? I'm still icing, still elevating every afternoon and night, getting ready for tonight's big movie, popcorn and ice cream. :) :)
 
Hey waterman. My 12th day (also today) has been a little painful but I keep thinking, "it's a healing pain!" PT came to the house for the 1st time today. I went up and down the flight of stairs. I had been doing 3 step stairs, but today I did the whole thing. I'm glad that your new hip is well oiled and working out fine. :). Enjoy your movie.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, that's my new grad (a year ago) at work when I'm not looking. She has some plan to post my 'life by avatar' I think, LOL. My daughter has been wonderful through these last ninety days or so...
 
Day 15 for me, got the anterior bandage off and underneath was a pretty much healed up incision! It was glued together, no stitches to remove which was pretty cool. The doc released me to 'outpatient PT', so now I can drive myself to the nearest PT I guess. And I am on one crutch, no more walker!! I have been on a walker since April 7 you all!! No more walker. Walker for free, come by and get it, or can I set it by the road? Or crunch it up in a pile for scrap metal, yay...
 
Psychteach came in from surfing all day to say hello. Man you have been missing out. We have swimming contests lined up, having a big time, LOL. :) Hope all is well with you...
 
Lol... Actually close.. Just did a 7 mile ride on my bike...Yeah waterman just checking in on my buds.. Glad to see you are doing so well.. Easy peazy recovery..you will be back in the ocean in no time.


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Psychteach, I know you worked up a good sweat on that bike and I know it must feel good. Doc says three more weeks and I can work up a sweat, too. Wants me to wait six months for tennis, basketball, and a jog but hey, no one is complaining here, right?
 
Woot Woot Bill - Cleared to drive is awesome! That is what I miss the most. Did you drive at all between surgeries? I too need the other hip done, but because I'm a teacher I have to wait until next summer to for the other one unfortunately. So glad to hear yu are doing so well. I'm feeling better and stronger every day and the pain is so different from pre-surgery except the left hip is jeaous so it is squawking a bit.
 
Hey Hippy, thanks for the high five. So, we have in common both hips giving way. Let me say this: I hope you can wait for your next surgery as long as you want. After my first THR, about a good five weeks into post op, the other hip went so badly that I had to get back on the walker, and stayed on the walker until the second hip surgery, June 23. They say a THR can stress and advance the other hip's arthritis and that's what it did to me. I scheduled the second surgery as quickly as I could and that was too long. So, I hope and pray your new hip doesn't stress the other as badly as it did mine. I guess you are feeling a little pain in the other hip? Go get an xray around week 5 of post op and see how it is doing would not be a bad idea from my experience...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom