Guest viewing is limited

THR Anyone been there done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job!! How cool is that Hana table?? I saw it too and thought it was the neatest thing.. It certainly does a great job!! Keep up the great work., you will see how easy this anterior thing is:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
I am glad to hear you are doing well. Hip number 2 will be a breeze.
 
Hello all Hippies, man o man have I been wanting to chat with all you fine friends! The second time around is hard, and I have less patience and I did not like spending the night in that hospital at all. First surgery, it is all new with some excitement to it all I guess, but second time around is 'let's get this over with and let me go home!' OK, I am home after 2 nights only! Can you believe it? I gotta say this: Anterior lateral, right hip. Two nights in hospital. no blood loss. Posterior left hip. Four nights in hospital. Lost two units of blood. The difference is like night and day. I am sure there are circumstances with each patient that allows or disallows the anterior version, but I am living proof the anterior method is far easier on the patient. I still cannot sit for long in front of my computer, but I am home with a right leg barely swollen or bruised. So yay, I made it and all that arthritis pain is gone. Like a monster was taken out of me and now I can relax, right? So how is everyone's hip's today? Surgery is tough on the ole body, but I am feeling pretty good and thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers, they worked and helped no doubt. :)
 
@waterman1 so glad to hear you are doing well! It will only get better from here. :happydance: My hips are doing good. Just had my last PT visit this morning and my range of motion has doubled in some instances over my first visit. My therapist said my range of motion is "normal". Wow. I am still having some weird groin pain in my right hip, but I see the OS tomorrow and will see what he thinks. It gets better/goes away in some instances as I move around/walk.
 
Glad you are doing well my friend. Mine is now set for July 7th.
 
Awesome Bamagirl! I know how many times I wanted to know you were OK before I was willing to keep a going for my second hip!
 
Alrighty RB we are waiting for you on the 'painfree' side of life. It really works, my arthritis monster is dead and gone. Arthritis can't grow on titanium, yay!
 
@waterman1, great job! So happy that there is no pain for you! My upcoming surgery will be done posterior but they've assured me no blood loss, mini-invasive, and I'll go home, too, after only two nights....of course, circumstances could change but I'm so excited about the prospect of zero pain -- well, not like it's been.
 
Hey, Psych! Yes, I looked over the Hanna table, the damn thing is ten foot long I believe and I received the epidural block with a tiny bit of anesthesia. Amazing how much better you feel after surgery with less anesthesia. I was able to receive the Birmingham resurfacing, also which I think I'm going to be happier with as a bilateral hippie. We will soon see. I let go of my walker today just to see if I can walk, but no not yet I shouldn't have done that. But I feel so good without the arthritis monster...
 
OH Beachgal you just cannot imagine life without hip pain where you are today. Come on over, and you will see what 'painfree' means, it is wonderful to have that nasty, burning hip pain gone!! Hoping the best for you...
 
@waterman1, I am WAY past ready....will live vicariously through your continued posts regarding a superb recovery anticipated for you! I just filled the trunk of my car with my first shipment of post-op aids for our Jackson area home, as I'm driving up tomorrow for a reunion planning meeting. I'll get them in place and will have more to take next week when we head north for the 4th of July weekend. Laptop and charger going up, too, as I get ready for a long month of August days but looking forward to feeling like I'm improving!
 
@waterman.. You sound so good.. Told you that anterior deal is awesome!!! I toohad no bruising or swelling and 5 weeks out I am riding 6 miles a day on my bike.. Keep up great work.. And keep us updated.. So glad you are a 2 hip guy now


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Beachgal, you sound ready and that is good. The surgery is hard on the ole body, remember that. But, when the arthritis pain is gone, it is like WOW, Wonderful, relaxing. I just let go of my walker today for one step, thinking maybe I can walk without it, that is how good I am feeling...
 
Yes Psych you did, and you were the catalyst for my investigation, thank you very much...
 
Yay @waterman1 !! :yay::yay:
Glad they took that monster out of you! :giggle:
Anterior is such a good thing, isn't it.....
You are on the way to getting your good life back. :martini:
 
Yay, Majorheidi I am, I am. This website and all you great people here is !00% responsible for helping me learn there is better technology to be had for this procedure. But, my left hip is strong and painfree already so I should not be too critical, right? Today, and many days coming is a celebration for me! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom