THR Anyone been there done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was certainly amazed waterman1 at how fast arthritis can progress. In 8 months I went from running twenty miles a week and working out in a local gym two or three days a week to being a virtual invalid who could not walk without crutches. I actually felt better pain-wise a day after surgery than I had felt for the three months prior to surgery. Rarely has my pain after surgery come even close to the pain of the pre-surgery arthritis. You will certainly be a new man very soon! All the best to you on Monday and thereafter!
We call this arthritis, but this is some dreaded disease in my book, Arthritis Gone Wild.! I went from a limp, to a walker in eight months, about the same as you...
 
Jebrig, I leaned on you for hope so many times and you always came thru!! My friend, you are doing great and I am right behind you, I want rid of this pain and I want to walk again. You and I will go for a walk together some day, what do you say? Noon Monday, I am going in...



Yes sir that sounds like a plan my man. Your gonna ace this bro. With two new hips and a heart and spirit that want give up is what you need and you possess them both. Life keeps on getting better and better. Today I just got into my car like a normal person and I haven't done that in almost two years. Clipping my toenails and touching my feet and picking things up off the floor makes me laugh. I'm praying for you bro, your gonna be back 100 percent soon. Be encouraged your life awaits you.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Hey, Waterman, you are going to do so great and feel so good!

My hip 2 is 5 weeks old and yesterday I had a nice beach walk (sidewalk!). Thought of your pre-surgery beach walker excursion. No more of that pre-surgery walker and pain for you, friend! Man that is miserable and you are on the cusp of it being all gone.

Many will be thinking of you and envisioning a terrific recovery -- you know what to do, and remember to be nice to yourself! It's a surgical recovery, not an athletic event (yet! but soon!).

Smartest things I did different with hip 2 for me in the hospital/first days in addition to usual Bonesmart was not getting sucked into more heroic PT - plenty of time for that and you already know how to do that. The other thing was paying attention to avoiding constipation post-surgery, since at least for me that was a real low point of hip 1 week one and blessedly a non-issue for hip 2 week one (or ever on that hip!).

This time tomorrow you will be past done, no more bone on bone pain and all your body's recovery efforts will be towards complete healing!

Best regards,

Hip2it
Left THR February 2014, Right THR May 15, 2014
 
Thank you Hip2it, yep I'm gonna ace this second hip. Can't say thanks enough to all you good people who care on this website. Thinking of you all, I will post on a better day not far off now.
Jebrig, I can see you smiling when you slide into the driver's seat, or pickup a sock off the floor, you did it and I am right behind you my man. Hip no. 2, here I come...
 
Best of luck. You'll do great! Thoughts and prayers coming your way! :)
 
Sending lots of positive energy your way, @waterman1 . I'll be a little over a week behind you on my hip #2 so I'll be watching your recovery. I'm glad that you chose Anterior - I think you'll be amazed by the difference in post-op restrictions and recovery time!
 
Waterman - been thinking about you today so wanted to send my well wishes for speedy and remarkable recovery!

@CodeGirl - my hip buddy from May...hope you are doing well!!! Xoxox

Tee


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hello all hippies! Thanks so much for all your well wishes, thoughts, prayers and positive energy. I am on the other side now, without even a swollen leg with anterior lateral surgery. I got to see a Hanna table too! I am in the hospital now eating ice cream and going to sleep. We will talk more when I get home. Wishing you all the best...
 
@waterman1, so glad to read your post. I've been watching for the nod and praying that your sleep comes easy and starts the healing. Congrats!! Jealous.....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yay @waterman1 !
So glad to hear you are just fine! Rest up, enjoy the ice cream, and we look forward to your recovery posts.
:friends:
 
Great report to end the night on! Congrats Waterman and so glad to hear its going well!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom