Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Legin I hope you have recovered. ...I need to find something orange and before anyone wonders...the hat I have on is supposed to be a chicken...A pink chicken , I don't have pink hair honest
 
Ponders is Suzz Pink the singer

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
In my yoooff maybe, but it's now a sort of blonde with slightly greying temple bits.

Looking forward to seeing your piccie by the way!!

I will write something on your chronic pain thread too x

Me sing.....oooer...I do in the car but the high notes just don't seem to come any more...such a shame....not !!
 
@Legin I have put the chronic pain link on my signature as I think it's a good thing. Haven't sussed out yet how to do what you have and given the link a name rather than the long link
 
Errrrr yes clever of me wasn't it. To get Jo to do it for me

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Tut BTW singing be it in the car, shower or wherever is one of the best wee perk ups to our feeling good factors. Conversely when down how often do we find a song that allows the tears to fall..... I sing all the time. I was waiting outside a shop for staff to come out to take collection of wine. I was in a car and they asked how willnthey see me. I told car details etc and said I will probably be, singing. So there I was belting out what a difference a day makes, at end of song looked around to see a reasonable sized group of people listening, megga red face time.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Now that is funny, wish I'd been in the crowd. Songs that make you/me cry, there's loads!! Memories too xx
 
Oh yes and unfortunately that is but one story in zillions of my red faced life. Strange a chap who has done loads of public speaking, largest audience around 200 plus and I go red soooo easily.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well I'm curious to see how you are doing. Did you get a cortisone shot?
My sciatic is better but not gone. Miss hearing from you. Take care and have a good weekend.
 
Hi @lalo ooh thank you for your message...havent been on much at all this last week. I hope you are getting on ok. Are you managing to go swimming.

My work or rather boss lady is literally sending me out and about loads, bit stressful as my car has now started immobiising itself and garage or rather 5 garages say they cant diagnose an intermitant problem !! So i have to wait until I break down miles from home and get towed to a garage.

So I had to borrow my sons car and do the 200 miles in that. Oh that did hurt, as the seating position was different to my car. Very painful on my right hip. Still I managed it...just .

The injection is on the 27th November at 6.30pm. I am looking forward to it. That sciatic pain and butt pain. Its horrible isnt it.

Also been applying for jobs and have made myself really stressed out with that... I found out this afternoon that I now have 3 inteviews and only one day annual leave left!! I wasnt expecting to get 1 let alone 3 interviews. So now I have to make a decision. Plus I really dislike interviews !!

One decision though. I am going to hand my notice in at work as soon as possible, the stress is now too much and everyday there is critism and sarcasm . All since returning to work after the hip op and I have no idea why. Hey ho

Well time for sleep here..

Have a lovely weekend too x
 
Hi @Suzette ! Well now, there's progress for you! You are taking the necessary steps to get out of that work mess. It makes me sad to think that she turned on you simply because you were down on your luck and needed a Bilateral THR.
She does realize that we aren't talking out patient surgery, right? so so sad.
I love your picture with that hat. hahah you look like a young kid!
I hope you can get some peace of mind soon... you are doing the right thing to be looking. Someone will be thrilled to have you on board! :flwrysmile:
 
1st things 1st
I quit a job about 15 years ago and didn't have another job lined up. I had been warned that its much easier to land a job when you are employed than when you are unemployed. I had to Learn that lesson the hard away too.
I don't know if that bit of advice applies but for what it's worth.
Yes I severely dislike interviews for job applications. Don't have much to offer but I would say to work real hard at trying to remain as calm as you can. Consider buying a C/D to help you
relax. I think if you are dealing with a lot if turmoil and stress it will show and may hurt your employment chances.
I tell you they come in 3's
Even your car is not cooperating.
I have a feeling that things are going to settle down for you soon so do the best you can In the meantime.
Yes I'm going to my water therapy classes. They are ideal for excersing with minimal impact on joints.
I kept hoping that I can calm the sciatic and piriformis without any more intervention from a Dr.
But I won't be too stubborn and if there is no other way I ll go see a spine Dr.
My hip Dr said adios and gave me a referral.
On closing prioritize you 3 interviews and if you don't think one is right for you maybe cancel ? Try to reduce the stress in your life.
Forgive me for offering unsolicited advice. I wish you the best.
 
slightly greying temple

I appear to have loads of them :heehee: sorry to hear about your problems with the gaffer, nothing worse my previous organiser was a power freak and out following me in the car. I eventually managed to get a new job and will have been in it for the past ten years next February.
Three Interviews I am impressed but if your going to use the sons car get yourself a nice comfy cushion to protect that hip and your bahookie.
Like that pink hat and your cheery smile but look forward to the new blonde look:thumb:

Billy
 
Hi @lalo, thank you for your message, it is very much appreciated and your right, I too have been told to stay put as it's harder to get another job whilst in work rather than out....I am trying to restrain myself and will not write a resignation letter just yet.....it has been rather tricky as I have applied for 3 jobs in the NHS , I have knowledge of 2 of the roles, as I was seconded to do the same work as part of the job I am in now.....and I was going back to the one role under a secondment, then the boss took me off that secondment and put me on the other one. ... I have interviews for both jobs on a permanent basis.

She/boss is going to be extremely angry when she finds out, especially if I get one. As it may mean they won't need to have me sub contracted there under a secondment, as I am already working there. I hope that isnt confusing !!! ....This is a potential loss of a large income to the boss too.

So I have now cancelled one interview for an IT Trainer and accepted the other interview . But not the 3rd interview, yet. I have spoken with the person who is the interviewer for the 1st 2 jobs, which is why I cancelled the one, I know her from my previous work there and she recommended leaving out the IT Trainer interview, she too is a bit worried about my bosses reaction, but wants to carry on and face any consequences. I applied officially through the NHS job sites and it's all above board....this worry of the consequences is one of the reasons I want to resign now, as I can honestly say I have no job to go to, well yet and officially.......

I will concentrate on the Microsoft courses I am now enrolled on, which will help in any new roles, and getting ready for interview/s in a few weeks.

@forbesy luckily I had put all cushions and wedges in my son's car and eventually found the most comfortable one, but for some reason my leg still really hurt and burnt. It could have been the combination of a different car the 200 miles plus standing for 4 hours whilst running a seminar. It was a very long day and drive, which included the m6 car park I mean motor way. My son had my car to go to work in so I got worried he would get stranded rather than me!!

Thanks...I will find a photo with the blond ish with slight grey bits disguised as blonde.....am glad your hip is doing ok and you are getting settled in your house, but sorry about the death of your in law x

@CricketHip and thank you too x I was a little shocked at the amount of possible outcomes from job applications, I do know that I will be out of that place sometime before Christmas and somewhere new. Plus no more long distance driving and sarcasm when I say I need to drive the day before, as I cant do 166 mile and then do 7 hrs of seminars before driving back 166 miles...that's in a few weeks. I am expected to go into the office first though, before the massive drive... I have pointed out numerous times that I had a bilateral hip jobby, which was actually 2 major surgeries which meant double of everything, and that it's not my fault I now have IT Band syndrome, bursitis and piriformis as a consequence and that I am trying to get this resolved without time off or drug driving ...deaf ears and totally ignored....well besides the mutterings of I am not capable of doing my job, said to my colleagues. ...makes me sick, literally.

I am glad you are doing so well in your recovery it's great news.

You never know, my car may also stop being intermittent and work normally and not leave me stranded somewhere far away!! I am thinking positively .

Good sleep rest or day everyone x x

@Legin , hope your ok
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya im shaking my head so much I am going dizzy. Everything is so wrong what she is doing. Any way you have a right to be able to looknat the employment market and go for other jobs. Just because there has been some firm of contact doesn't matter if all follows proper process. Sheeesh many agency workers would never move on as they are working in the field of choice. Indeed many positions in councils are internal only.
If people gossip in tour place let them think you are seeing an employment lawyer, joke. I realy hope youn get something and will send mahooosive supportive thoughts and feelings for ya. It will get better pal you are a wee gem your situation will get better.
I'm OK keeping busy with work cab and my silly syndrome. Keep smiling pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Suzette I will send positive vibes your way
for :
less butt pain :yikes:
a smoothly running car
a glorious new job
and in the meantime, that your sarcastic witch of a boss gets the flu and misses all of next week.. hahaha or at least loses her voice so you don't need to hear her whine out her caustic remarks.
 
Hi @CricketHip well thank you very much xoxo

And the great news is.....she has the week off to go to her holiday home.. and then when she is back, I am out, as she has kindly booked my diary so that i am driving all over the place....well if my car decides to behave. I have break down cover, or use my sons car...

Then I have booked the friday off for the interviews and to go to the German christmas market (its in Birmingham though not Germany ) ... then hopefully ...I am out of there and brain torment will be over and my leg can heal without this constant long distant driving.

What a relief x x
 
<---------- has a big grin for ya and a funny sort of jig

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Suzette! WOW...3 interviews...very impressive. I have no doubt that you will soon be on your to a new and less stressful position. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I'd cross my legs for extra good luck, but we know that's a big no-no! Something occurred to me, while I was reading the last few posts...it seems, to me, that your witchy boss is trying to make your life so miserable, that you will quit. That way, she doesn't have to deal with any consequences of her actions towards you. I don't know how unemployment compensation works in your part of the world, but here, if someone quits there job, they're not entitled to any unemployment insurance compensation. At any rate, I sure hope it all works out for you and all this unpleasantness will be behind you, soon. Happy thoughts coming your way!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom