Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers and toes crossed for the Interview Suzette just lets go and get the job.

Billy
 
Hi all you great people. Hope you had a good day and night.

I do wish my right hip , thigh...would stop this constant stingy twinging burny pain. Am really hoping the GP will do the injection. Now I am getting the left leg sciatica. Pretty sure that's the nerve block wearing off that I had in my back last year. It only does the left leg sting in my ankle if my back is leaning over to the one side....and as mother always told me when I said something hurt if I did this ( swinging arm in air aged 10) stop doing it then. So I will try not to lean to one side! !

So besides the pain stingy thing. Today I RESIGNED from my job. Made myself feel ill all weekend thinking about it and getting views from from friends and family... kiss kiss xx to them.:roseshwr:

So my resignation letter focused on health, and being made to constantly drive long distances , then having to stand for sometimes 6 plus hours before driving home and then drug driving to control the pain and no insurance etc if I then proceeded to have an accident. I had discussed this at my 'appraisal /return to work' meeting..but it was implied then, I was incapable of doing my job if I have to take pain meds, and then even more driving was put into my diary.

So I did it,:dancy::spin::egypdance: feel loads better for it and hopefully my last day is around the 27th November. HR lady told boss for me, as boss is on holiday, and she also pointed out it was fairly obvious to everyone, that she was making my life very difficult and that this was causing depression and anxiety, knocking my confidence and ability to function properly on top of the driving, and this was in effect forcing a resignation

Funny what happened later in the day though....I was asked if i wanted to work part time covering one of the projects, as this will help me whilst I recover...isn't that a bit late now to be concerned about my recovery, pain and long distant driving?? Or is it due to the potential loss of this contract as there will be no one to cover it ??

It's the project I have got an interview for, I worked on the same project earlier
this year and it will be on a permanent basis. So no, I don't need part time on the project, thank you.

Don't worry about my lack of job though, everything will be ok...honest..

@Nana757 over here if you resign you can't claim benefits either for some months after, but what you can do in this situation is to take it to an industrial tribunal for constructive dismissal. Basically that means you have been forced to resign against your will due to bad conduct by the employer, so in effect you have been dismissed by being forced to take action yourself. It seems the law around this in the UK is different to the same sort of constructive discharge in the US. For example, she removed my car allowance but did not remove it from my colleague who doesn't do any work driving. .making me drive whilst knowing that potentially I could be under the influence of drugs, which is health and safety, .not taking into account major surgery and it's after effects.... talking about me to colleagues ...it goes on and on. I thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes too x

I have already pointed out constructive dismissal to HR lady and that I could take this further if I wanted to. I would imagine she may have repeated this to boss lady.

So as my stress levels reduce I am hoping the pain will reduce and the IBS will settle down again. I hope that the injection in my hip area works and if I need another one in my back that works too, then everything will be hunky dory. Oooh and I hope the presentation I am writing for my interviews will tick all the boxes and that as I have knowledge of the systems, processes and staff at the office the jobs will be based at...I am in with a very high chance.

@forbesy thank you for your message x

Phew , what a year it has been....and what a great site BS is for helping to put things in perspective, whatever it may be. Thank you everyone xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are a very brave lady and you did the right thing resigning. Unfortunately that bullying boss got what she wanted. It is definitely a case of constructive dismissal. But the hassle of going down that road may not be worth the energy. Focus on moving forward to a more positive place.
 
@Suzette I admire your strength for taking the brave and somewhat scary step and I applaud the fact that you've taken ownership of your future and mental well being above that of the job.

Wherever your next step in life's journey takes you I suspect you'll be that much stronger for making this step, not forgetting making it through the trial of being a hippie!

Good luck & enjoy the last few weeks being as cantankerous as possible



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Hi @Jaycey thanks and no I wont be going through a constructive dismissal thing I have no mental strength to go through the ordeal. Plus the type of work I do, you tend to come across colleagues new and old all the time..imagine the hassle that could cause !!

Hi @AndyH99 thanks too! The funny thing is...I wont actually see her until the 23rd nov.as i am out on the road most of next week...then torquay the week after for 2 days and my last day is the 26th, so I havent even got chance to be a pain...

So i will make sure I tidy all my loose ends up for my team mates and hand over...and erm the desk top on my pc which is plastered in what I think are really important things..oh and my desk and 8 drawers that are also full of lots of important stuff..

Hand over the lottery syndicate and the minimal winnings...and be on my way to pastures new.

Might get a week or so off first before starting on my next career move .... and I hope the constant dull irritating pain diminishes ...

Love from a hippie...forgot I was one of those!!
 
@Suzette if you are in that area of Devon and end up near the A30 just outside Exeter I highly recommend this place broken link removed: https://www.jackinthegreen.uk.com/Home for food. I work in Exeter on occasion and love stopping at that place.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Ooh thanks...I am having to drive down on my birthday, so I will check that out and go for a meal on way...dragging hubby with me as back up driver...although his driving is scarier than mine!!

All depends if I am let out the office earlier..as I still have to go in at 8.45am and stay until 3pm (usually 4 but am going to try for 3) before being able to start the 166 mile drive down.....never could work that one out. ...hey maybe leniency will be shown that day. ...:rofsign:

X
 
Oh @Suzette ... What a courageous soul you are for coming to terms with your future and what is best for your mental health. I am so proud of you and I know there are better days ahead for you. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world.
:yay:
 
Thank you @Nana757 you know may be my sleep paatern will start to return to normal. I have felt that my mental health was deteriorating and that's why I will not be talked out of doing what I have done, I also will not be working there part time it has knocked my confidence and the word worthless comes to mind.

It is so strange that a person can do that to another person, and not seem to know what they are doing ...or do they? I dont know. ... but its destructive.

But onwards and upwards ....and getting 3 interviews made me feel sooo much better and proved to me I was better than I was made to feel.

Without the support of you all I think I seriously would have lost the plot totally. Thank you all xx
 
@Suzette! Congratulations on coming to what had to be a difficult decision! Were you giddy with relief afterwards?
I agree, having three interviews has to show you that you will be a valued part of a team somewhere soon.
Please take this time to sleep in late and relax a bit, let the body de stress and heal a bit.
That steroid injection can't come soon enough. It seems like a long wait for that appt, too!
I am so proud of you, you are obviously an intelligent and accomplished woman,and deserve better..

So, as my husband likes to say. "Sometimes you have to re-pot to grow" May you grow and grow, my friend!

:loveshwr::yes!::yay:
 
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about improvements in your recovery.
I can't even imagine driving long distances and standing for long hours. They made it impossible for you and you did what you had to do.
 
Well done and hey it was always in you. Sad thing is that sometimes you can be made to doubt it. I have fought all my life over this sort of bullying and will continue to do so.
Big smiles for you pal and hugest hugs

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi everyone...I have a new phone and finally got it working!! I sure am counting the days...and what has now occurred as was mentioned earlier. ..the other girlie's in the office are now even more fed up than before. The youngest of 22 is now planning to get out ASAP. HR Lady has her cv out there and getting calls about jobs..luckily boss not in to hear...and the other one seems to be rather depressed and moody. I think she is now worried she will be the last one standing but really wants out. But now feels obliged to stay. She has known boss for 40 yrs, since they were both 5 yr olds . .so she is now torn....

I am going to phone the spinal surgeons secretary tomorrow to see if I can get an appt without having to go through the whole referral process. I am having quite bad left leg sciatica , worse when driving and using the clutch. I can not believe this has started again just when I am moving on. I think I need another nerve block. I can't let this affect a new job.

Luckily the long driving distances will soon stop. The jobs applied for are about 10 miles away and then no driving once there.

Keep well everyone...I must sleep as just noticed the time is nearly 1am...again.

Will check in properly tomorrow and catch up with all your news.

Ooh that's me without hat...but with a ....perm....well it seemed like a good idea at the time....it turned out not to be such a good idea not long after!!
X
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am having quite bad left leg sciatica
My LTHR aggravated my sciatica. I saw an osteopath and it really helped. Have you thought about going down that route?
 
Hi @Suzette , I've been following the last bit of your thread with great interest. First of all - good luck with the new job interviews. I understand your nervousness, I always found them scary. But everything will be alright. You'll find a job. Have you got an IT background (study IT at university or something?).

I like your photo. You look young and healthy. So sorry about the sciatica. And also the bullying at work. That's illegal, I think - in Germany as well as the UK. But you have to document it if you have been bullied to provide proof. And that's a lot of effort. I fully understand that you wouln't want to go to follow up a constructive dismissal case or even consider at court case at the labour court because it's too much stress.

I also had a peculiar experience at work before my hip operation. You see I'm a translator, and about 10 years ago, my supervisor thought it would be nice if I could give English classes to young people who are doing a vocational training, both the office trainees and also the people in the Animal facility (my employer is a German medicines authority that also performs animal tests). The trainees are often undisciplined and rude. Besides, I'm not particularly talented in teaching, nor have I ever received formal training in it. My boss thought I would sail through this because I brought up 4 children, but this is something completely different. But I made the best of it. I didn't want to get a bad appraisal. But after 10 years, things got worse, and, in addition, I developed severe hip pain. I feel I have to look professional if I want to teach, not limp around. So this was affecting my mental health. So I plucked up the courage and told my boss I wanted to give up teaching. Of course she wasn't pleased. During the same appointment when we had this talk, she also asked my when I was going to retire. Somhow, I thought that question was peculiar in this context. A) it has nothing to do with my request of not being obliged to continue teaching B) without wanting to sound conceited - I don't think I look like 67 - that's the retirement age in Germany now. But she agreed and from last January until October, I didn't have to teach. I carried on with the translation at work. Then, I had my hip operation - and luckily, I recoverd fully and went back to work full-time after 6 weeks. However, the person who took over the teaching is now on maternity leave. So I'm not back in teaching, and I'm not taking it to heart so much. I teach only the office workers, not the trainees from the animal facility. I can manage that, even though I still get muddled up in class sometimes and make mistakes. However, it doesn't get me down. Although, fixing the hip does not solve all problems, it's good to be out of pain.

I'm sure you'll find a job. You are so professional. Again all the best. Hope your sciatica will be cured also, and your car will be fixed.

Warm regards - Constanze
 
Its all coming together just the sciatica to get sorted. Nothing like a new phone to get you excited and frustrated. Me thinks this crimbles will be wayyy better than it looked like it would be.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Jaycey I had a nerve block last Christmas for the same sciatica pain, I didn't think it worked, but it did turn out that the left leg front thigh and knee pain was from the hip, not the back, so once that was fixed I had no nerve pain at all in that leg. Until the last drive and loads of clutch work! I have burning in my calf and ankle again and an ache down the back of the thigh and in the butock, when I press or lift the leg up off the pedal. Have the same when putting shoes on, unless I lean to the right. Now when driving I have to lean to the right to be able to use the clutch. Do you think my hip has suddenly started the left leg sciatica off again? Even though I had no pain for 5 months. I have had to do lots of driving lately and next week am out 3 days again, the following week down to Torquay. Seriously, I am dreading it. I am also very happy that my resignation is linked to the driving that she literally has forced me to do, as soon as I returned to work. I had even discussed this is in a back to work appraisal ..... Also looking at getting an automatic car.

I need to find a new chiropractor etc, scares me a bit if they go near my back as it is in a bit of a mess with no disc at all between S1 and l5 plus the facet joints are shot and also have bad stenosis too...they threatened me with surgical fusion last year, which I want to avoid! !

Ooh, could it now be piriformis and a bursitis starting up in that side now?

@Constanze thanks for your message xx

I can't believe you were asked when you were retiring, how rude, or was that comment linked to the not wishing to teach?.....glad you don't have to teach the trainees now though and hopefully it will only be temporary. I didn't go to uni, but having spent the last 15 yrs working with in primary health care, either in gp surgeries or working as a clinical system software trainer. I picked it all up as I went along really.

Then I moved into a job running clinical audits checking patient data for chronic diseases. I really like the medical environment and really it's all self taught, but had formal training as a pharmacy technician and all sorts of medical type courses. The jobs I have gone for are still working with gp staff but this time within what you could call the health authority offices so directly employed by the NHS rather than private sector. Each of the jobs I went for, I already know the existing staff. So fingers crossed.

@Legin yes...the most frustrating part was realising the sim card wasn't activated and having to remove this nano sim back out of the phone to read the numbers on the back of it....I mean, who invented that daft idea then!! Took me ages trying to read the numbers!!! All ok now though....

Christmas means no work do, where they are all miserable depressed and wished they weren't there, and our Christmas dinner is a curry at the Indian restaurant down the road, they do traditional turkey dinner too. But as there will be just the hubby , eldest son and me, decided not to cook and do something different, youngest son is off out and about. No other family locally, but hubby's family are in Huddersfield so we will pop up there too. Mind you am not actually sure what work things will be going yet, so will go with the flow.

Hope your CRPS is not causing too much of an issue and you are doing your mind over matter thing.

@lalo hope you are doing ok and the pain is under control, it sure is a drain having that constant ache and throb. I did speak to the spinal OS secretary and I have to be referred back via the GP, so that is going to take ages to sort out, but I will discuss the left leg pain with the Dr to see what he thinks re back starting up again or hip.... which ever it is I want injections!!!

Well tomorrow I am going to see what I can do with my car and have a look at automatics as an option, I hope to also get more than 5 hours sleep tonight !

Xx
 
Chortle now I would need a mind first. Had similar probs with new.phone but glad I got another Samsung as just put the phones together and all my info and apps went brrrrrrrp straight from one to the other. Main thing is contacts and photos but they are on cloud too. It does feel crimbleish I have even managed to get a load of prezzies ordered. I will be working on 25th as I often do and we have boxing day as our day. From the time I split with the girls mum the girls have never been with me on 25th and it would have been the girls to suffer if I pushed it, but tiz just a day.


Legin THR Sep 14
 
Until the last drive and loads of clutch work!
Sounds like all the driving kicked off your sciatic pain.
I need to find a new chiropractor etc, scares me a bit if they go near my back as it is in a bit of a mess with no disc at all between S1 and l5 plus the facet joints are shot and also have bad stenosis too...they threatened me with surgical fusion last year, which I want to avoid! !
You are my twin. I have major lower back issues too numerous to mention. Have also been threatened with fusion but since my spinal decompression surgery didn't work I'm not going near any more spinal surgery. I can't take chiropractic - really too aggressive for my back. Osteopathy is a bit more gentle and really helped me. Problem is the cost!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom