Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear every one I know on bonesmart and everyone who may be joining, recovering or being operated on soon.

I wish you, all the luck, love and bestest wishes for Christmas and the new year.

Here's to a good if not great 2016 xx

Love Dawn

Ps Arnie the French bulldog who has a new best friend...Bubbles the bunny. Hope it makes you smile xx

[Bonesmart.org] Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. ...2016 will soon be here!!

I want to ask if any one has had an adhesion under their anterior incision. I have a deep groove when I use or tense the muscles, where the scar is, and there feels like a gap in the muscles there too. It doesn't feel hard.

When I walk it stings in that area and feels really tight.

I have now had my very first physio appointment but she wants to sort my 'tight' stiff back out before getting to the hip problems. I have had steroid in the bursa area which seems to have helped that area, but now I am aware of pain further down the anterior thigh and the butt aches constantly. What a pain it is!

@Josephine @Jaycey do you think the deep tight incision scar could have adhesions under it which is pulling the skin in when I am using those thigh muscles? Not sure what to do about it

Thanking you x
 
Don't think the pain is from adhesions. The muscles in that area were pushed and pulled during your THR. There could also be some weakening depending on how much you limped around pre-op. Ask your PT about deep muscle massage.
 
Hello @Suzette!
Love the picture and holiday greetings. The very best wishes for you through the holidays and New Year, too!
How are you feeling post injection? Sure hope you are felt some relief.
 
Hi Suzette,a very Happy New Year to you.Have come back to see how you are getting on as we had the op at the same time 6 months ago.
Sorry to hear about your recent problems, hope you get some relief.
 
Hi everyone, well thank you for your messages and I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New year.

The hip bursa injection, I had, seemed to help for a few weeks, but has now worn off so am having another. Piriformis still the same and the pulling by the incision. @Jaycey it's funny as the leg I have problems with now was my good / better hip prior to surgery, my left hip was the worse, but now my left Hip is supporting my right hip and that side is now definitely weaker, and thinner than my now stronger left leg!! It's a shame as the reason I had a bilateral was to prevent the limping caused by a one sided hip replacement on 2 hips with end stage OA... I have asked PT for massage in my leg but she seems to want to sort my back out first, whereas I would really appreciate it if she did try and do some work on my right leg tissues...I am going to be assertive and ask for deep tissue massage next week.

My chiropractor should be back soon from maternity leave so I can also go and see her , I felt she really helped with accupuncture and massage.

So all things said, everything with the new hip parts are great, just tissue problems now.

Started new job in the NHS and have not used the lift and used stairs instead, although the right bursa doesn't like it...so maybe I shouldn't do that anymore! !Mmmm thinking about, maybe that's why the injection has worn off.

It is strange working in a new office trying to learn new procedures. I love my automatic car too and since having it have had no sciatic pain at all. Popped in to see my old collegues , when old boss was not there, that was strange doing that but nice to see them.

Hopefully we will all do well in 2016 and I will pop in again soon.

Lots of love to you all xx
 
Hi @Suzette! So happy to hear you're in your new job and sorting things out with it. Am sorry to hear you are still being plagued with bursa issues. I too had a little bout with it. My OS gave me some Voltaren gel, which really helped, but what helped most was something called ionthentesis, which is a medicinal patch applied to the bursa area with something that feels like TENS to help it get deep into the bursa. This was applied, by my PT gal, 3 different times over a 2 1/2 week period. I asked my OS about cortisone injections, as he did them before for me. And he told me he doesn't do them on hips that have been replaced, because that may cause even more serious problems. I thought it was odd, but it kinda made sense.
I hope your New Year will be filled with great things.
 
hello!! Shucks, I wanted to hear great news about that bursa :( I thought about you a lot while we drove across the USA over the holidays,,, Oooof! I got so stiff and sore.. have been back a week and am feeling better, but my goodness, you were driving a stick shift,too! Your poor leg.
Keep your head up at the new job, soon you will feel right at home and making some good contributions. :)
Happy New Year!
 
have not used the lift and used stairs instead, although the right bursa doesn't like it...so maybe I shouldn't do that anymore!
I would tend to agree. Bursitis is usually caused by too much activity. Perhaps ease off all that stair climbing and see if things settle.

Good luck in your new job!
 
Hi it's been a long time since I hear from you. I'm doing very good all things considered but still have some lingering Piriformis. Hope you are doing well and hope to hear from you.
 
Hello @ Suzette! just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing?
 
Hi @Suzette,
How is work? Are you doing ok? I hope your pain is gone - i.e. that the phyiotherapists have addressed it. I had surgery in April a year ago and my hip is fine. It's just nice carrying on the correspondence with the people in bonesmart and I'd enjoy reading an update from you.
Constanze

P.S.Will be travelling to England in the first week of May with my English husband 2 of my daughters for a family meeting - Stonehenge, London / West Hampstead - where my sister-in-law lives, bed&breakfast at Radlett, Huntingdon - where my brother-in-law lives, Sightseeing in Cambridge. I'm very much looking forward to that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom