Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooer I read that I mean re job

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ooh no @Legin no way do you ever make me stressed more chilled I would say xx ps I am iced up now too, except it's my good leg throbbing instead....can't win xx
 
So! There you have it! Finally a diagnosis of what you already knew. I am sad you have those issues but am so happy that finally, FINALLY! Someone listened. I was thinking of you today and was thinking about your SI joints.. I think you've said that you see a chiro Dr. have they said anything about them? like out of alignment? Just curious.
I hope your injections are soon. I had my epidural injection ( cervical) today so am now icing my neck along with my butt. :heehee:
 
There are times when its best to stay quiet

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
So glad the Dr listened and took you seriously. Hope you can get the shot sooner rather than later.
 
Hmmmmm good leg throbbing, you are tired physically and mentally that leg had had to do a heck of a lot of work. Now I'm but a simple chap butttttttttt.
If boss wants to make issue of time log all overtime you do and I'm sure it will be heavily balanced one way. When I was working with teens I went into boss said OK you operate time of in lieu, I'm owed one hundred hours.........

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I passed on the exercise too (now there's a surprise! :heehee:) and my GP, having looked and agreed with my provisional diagnosis, administered the Depomedrone injection immediately. I rose from that that bench as Lazarus from the tomb! I was cured! And what was more, the side effect of the Depo was that the piriformis was also immediately cured! But of course, they are 'sisters in crime' meaning that whilst it's entirely possible to get each independently, they do frequently occur in tandem.
 
Boy! If it isn't one thing, it's another, with your boss, isn't it? It is so sad that she is such a tyrant and isn't offering you your deserved compensation. I do hope it all works out and you find some peace on the job front. I am doing much better, thank you for asking. I've been icing and doing stretches and everything has calmed down very nicely. We shall see if it continues, once I come home from bowling tonight.
I sure hope the injection works its miracle for you, as it did for Josephine. That would be one less thing to weigh on your mind. Have a wonderful evening Suzette!
 
Hi @Legin I have started the log in my diary. She actually came in the kitchen whilst I was in there making everyone a cuppa.......alone...Gulp. so I went for it very sweetly. I said 'how would you like me to pay the hours back I owe from the hospital appointment.....' ....'oh, don't worry about it, I am sure you will make the time up....' and walked off .

I think my good leg hurt as the consultant at the hospital twisted it about to see if I got the same pain in the left good leg as the bad right one. I didn't until last night !! Just have butt ache both sides today, and right leg sting, but I feel more able to cope mentally now it's official and in writing.

@Josephine I am going to contact the GP tomorrow, if boss isn't around, and try and find out if they do the injection there. If they don't I will contact the hospital and say I would rather have it now and not wait any longer. I did a bit more reading up last night and realised the piriformis and the bursitis seem to arrive at the same time, so to speak, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. As I too want to rise from the tomb ...

@Nana757 so good your pain is easing and you are continuing to bowl. I am totally rubbish at it. Hopefully it won't trigger the pain off again. Job front..still looking, not heard from the one I applied for, I did have a hot flush yesterday when the big new boss at the office where I had applied for the job , rang and spoke to my boss about a project myself and colleague are being seconded to do for a 3 month contract. I have applied for the year long contract for the same work. I thought he was going to drop a hint to her. But he asked when I would be going, she quickly left the office, but not before I heard her tell him that I would not be working on his project but on another, at a different NHS office. She hasn't actually told me this new plan. Funny though, the other office work is for the person I asked to be my job reference . Very small world this health care world.

I will keep my fingers crossed something will turn up before I go potty. I seem to have them crossed a lot lately.

@CricketHip oh how are you today after your injection in your cervical spine. The ones I had in my s1 and l5 joints made my eyes seriously water !! The chiropractor lady has gone on maternity leave so I am trying to find another one who is local, so I don't miss work ! The deep massage and acupuncture helped a lot. My hubby tried a bit of deep massage but erm, that really hurt so have avoided that again. She did do a little re alignment on my lower back but had seen my MRI so didn't want to irritate things. So my plan is, to get this right leg sorted, if the sciatic pain I now have in that leg doesn't ease I will ask to see the spinal surgeon again. I really hope that I now don't back problems causing pain in both legs rather than just the left one.

I hope you are doing well, I need to catch up on your thread. I am getting behind!! Xx

@lalo how are you and your pains. Yes I am very happy about the long known diagnosis now being an official medical diagnosis, a long time coming and a lot of pain in the process. Nightmare. I hope yours is under control. I have had the muscle relaxant for my back for years, but it does make me a bit zonked out the next day, especially with the gabapentin too, oh and the pain meds. I am not sure if it is helping or not, I am in that place where I don't want to not take it, in case it does help. I am hoping to get that injection sorted out ASAP. .

Well everyone, I am going to have the hot chocolate and watch a bit of tele in the hope that I am not still awake at 1 am.

Lots of love to you all xx
 
Good move. So sorry you have to put up with the pain and you still keep cheerful nice one. Yup get injection done ASAP.
Try to get some deserved sleep pal.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Oh my goodness Suzette...it sounds like you are in such a sticky situation at work. It's got to be weighing so heavily own your mind. I truly hope it all gets resolved soon, so you can move on with getting your health, body and mind in good order. I wish you all the luck in the world that you are soon offered a job that will lift you up.
 
Hiya all thanks for messages. I have just applied for another job. And enrolled on an online advanced excel course. I think I will enroll on an advanced word course too and a prince 2 project management course.....

Rang the GP surgery and the receptionist was remarkably helpful. She has given me a double appt with a nice gp who may do the injection there and then or may ask me to rebook. This is because I have yet to discuss it with them face to face, but the hospital letter should have arrived by then.

So fingers and toes crossed now. Mind you I did a very bad thing today , whilst carried away sorting out a medical terminology seminar I train on, I CROSSED MY LEGS. This was not good for a few reasons.
A. Couldn't uncross them again without lifting my leg up and off my other leg
B. Couldn't walk properly , well I walked a bit like a chimpanzee /bloke ...sorry @Legin
C. It HURT and so did the bursitis, IT band thingy and my bum.

That sure was a lesson learnt. Oooh it's 12.10 am and still awake.

Right sleep needs to arrive as very boring team meeting tomorrow

Sleep well all xx
 
@Suzette Well, the start of your post was very good, then I made it to those crossed legs.
I bet you won't make that mistake again anytime soon. Hope you are able to drop off into a very sound sleep.
 
Oh dear I'm sure you won't do that again and your poor knuckles trailing with apelike walk. Well done you tho on job hunt, course applications and getting jab sorted. You deserve a banana for that. Sorry had to be said. Good luck lass and have a great weekend

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yes I was a bit of a plonker!! And no skin on my knuckles now...you all have a great weekend x
 
Sorry, HV a good weekend

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
I'm offffff, feeding 11 for haloooooweeeeen

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I did I did plates clean at end. I'm pooped

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom