Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Legin I too went for a Samsung and I had a Samsung work phone so I touched the backs and it transfered..how clever. Except for the nano sim and bad eyes!!

@Jaycey I will try out the osteopath route. It is the cost but if it helps it's worth a go x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well see I had a cunning plan. I just shouted Dan hellllllllp need your eyes.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Chortle

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Suzette , Many thanks for your sympathetic words. You're right. My superviser did ask me when I'd retire in connection with me wanting to stop teaching. But that's all the more reason for me to think this is rude and apart from it, borders on bullying. It sounds like she was saying: If you don't want to teach any more we don't need your help any more.

I did indeed consult our social consultant and my contact that the personnel council before I took that step, since I somehow suspected that my superviser wouldn't be very happy. I felt insecure about the teaching right from the start and stuck it out for 10 years even so. But then my hip pain made my insecurity worse. You have to look professional if you stand in front of an audience or a class, and no limping around. My boss finally understood that I withdrew from teaching for health reasons. She says you can't just pick the jobs you enjoy and leave the jobs you dislike. Well, I'd disagree with that. I've learned that a good manager is someone who assigns his staff to tasks that match their skills and interests and this will increase efficiency.

However, as I said I just teach the office/administrative trainees, not the animal carer trainees any more, and it's still a bit of a joke in that I'm not sure whether their English is improving. But we all take it with a sense of humour and make the best of it.

I hope everything goes well with your interviews and a job will materialise. I will keep my fingers crossed. Enjoy your new phone - I'm somewhat smartphone challenged due to my eyesight deteriorating (in bad light), but I'm learning and getting more and more out of it. I'm pleased you learned so much on the job. Learning by doing - that's very valuable. Its seems as if one needs a high qualification for everything today. We have people at work with excellent university degrees who end up more or less as secretaries - how boring.

I hope your leg ache will subside with the help of an osteopath. Osteopaths are becoming increasingly more popular in Germany, too. Warm regards - Constanze
 
Hiya I hope being quiet is you enjoying the peace, from nasty boss not being there. I bet you feel the difference all round with stress removed. Take care pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi I am sulking around with another stinking cold, sore throat...I really do not like sore throats... any way there are worse things in the world at the mo than a daft cold! !

So boss is back but I am out the office all week , in fact not back in it until the 24th Nov. Then only for a few hours before doing the 166 mile drive, then last day is the 26th Nov. Be glad when all this is over and I can move on.

Been trying to give my right thigh a massage as it's tight and knotty..not the same as the massage lady doing it with her elbow!! Can't wait to have the injection in it, just hope he will actually do it. Still waiting for the letter from the hospital confirming diagnosis. They also have not confirmed to the GP that I am still anaemic, so today when I asked for a blood test to check full blood count.(as told to do by consultant)..whilst having blood taken at gp surgery anyway, was told no as no one had requested it to be tested!!! So how daft is that !

Hope everyone is ok xx
 
Sheeesh lady it is piling up a tad for you. Also this whole employment process is affecting your mood and this affects generally how you feel. Soon it will be like you have been underwater and gasping for breath then you will breath the surface...

Legin THR Sep 14
 
It does feel a bit of a pile up at the moment. . But....not long now until I know which way the future is taking me, hopefully in the direction of just local driving to an office with lots of people of all different types and personalities where I can share my knowledge and learn theirs, and work for a boss who believes in her staff, flexible working, give and take, not just the taking, and within the NHS again. Roll on 8 am Friday for the interview :fingersx:

And, get an injection in the right hip bursitis which will improve the piriformis and IT band syndromes, and I get another nerve block in my back and get an automatic car .....Ooh and take multi vitamins with iron

There, that's my wish list, and the other wish is all you lovely people are doing well xx :loveshwr:

Xx
 
Chortle or should I say ho ho ho.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @CricketHip that is funny you should mention that. I was actually thinking i need to get something to rub up and down my thigh..I never thought of that so I will take a look. Its really tricky to do the massage by hand and the last time hubby did it...it hurt!! He did try though...

And @Legin and a ho ho ho too.

Well i have the interview at 8 am so i really do need to sleep. .funny how sleep seems to happen easier when you need to actually get up in the morning...

Night night everyone x
 
Yes. And if it's too painful just put a fluffy towel over it. If you decide to get one I can send you a link that shows how to use it.
You want the softer ones. They can be found in sporting good stores also.
My OS sells them! I was pleased to see that he recommends them after surgery.
I hope you don't see this til mornin.
 
Hi I woke up at 4.30am ...rather earlier than I wanted. Managed to nod off a bit more after.

I researched the rolls and there are videos on amazon .com so will take a look at those too. My leg really throbs today...maybe stress.

AND I GOT THE JOB !!!! Yippee. No more long drives ever again.

AND I am picking up a new automatic car this afternoon. It's going to take me hours emptying my old car.

New hips, new job and new car!!

Can't be bad. I thank you all so much for listening to my trials and tribulations and for the support you have all given xxx
 
Well done that lady. All you deserve, well chuffed for ya

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Congratualtions to your new job @Suzette ! ...and your new car. Enjoy it. Maybe you can still post here from time to time and keep us up-to-date about how you're getting on.
Hugs from Constanze
 
Thanks everyone, driving an automatic was.....interesting, I need to make sure I don't become one of those people who accidently put their foot on the wrong peddle and drive into walls, cars, shop windows....

Don't worry I will be on here every few days to catch up and post...I still have injections to come yet...

I am hoping The cold that is just surfacing tonight, on top of the one I already have, will be the last for a while...probably picking them up from the GP surgeries I have been in lately, and I think I have become a little run down..but 3 colds in 3 weeks is a bit naff...

It's snowing here!!

Night night all xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom