Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this work stuff gets in the way of my BS routine ! Mind you still not getting email alerts, which is annoying.

@Legin so when you going to get a weekend off? I used to work in care and it's really hard work, I am glad your wify has a new job. I looked up the stress and pain, so am trying not to stress and I tried the nicey nicey at work , she didn't know what to do and eventually spoke to me at 4.55 pm....shock horror... I didn't know what to do then! !

I did 4 hours driving and 6 hours of seminars standing up, non stop yesterday, in the middle of Wales, I only got stuck behind a tractor once, phew!! . I was seriously tired when I got home, but the pain levels were managed with just cocodamol, when I got home. Trouble was I still couldnt get to sleep then kept pressing snooze when I had to get up.

I may regret cancelling the GP, but I couldn't point out exactly where these nerve pain was, as it has gone again. It's most weird!! Will monitor it now until I see the OS end of November. Fingers crossed

Hope you are all well. @AndyH99 and @copsham hope you are ok xx
 
Hi @Suzette. Glad to hear the sugar may be helping to deal with your boss. Maybe she will finally get the hint and start passing out the sugar in return. One can only hope...right?
As far as your sleep is concerned...are you allowing yourself enough time to wind down before turning in for the night? Maybe a cup of chamomile tea would help. I've seen this suggestion in several other threads and some people swear by it. I sure hope you get the needed sleep you so deserve.
 
Hi @Nana757 I actually start winding down about 8, then my brain starts up again, drives me mad. I think I might have a benedryl tonight ! I hope you are ok too x

She spoke to me today too, trouble is I don't trust her now, which doesnt help things !
 
Yeah...my brain did not have a shut off button when I was working. I would lay there for hours thinking about the next day or the day before, what i needed to, what I should've done, and on and on and on. You get the picture, I'm sure. Finally, I started using nighttime Tylenol which helped. But what helped me most was leaving the TV on with the volume low enough that I could barely hear it so I wouldn't get interested in what was on. I know every single professional out there would say that is a big :no-fin:, but I didn't care. It worked for me and still does, if I need to. It's just enough of a distraction that I don't think about anything and my brain does shut down.
I don't blame you for not trusting her....still keep your distance but keep that sugar flowing!
 
Hi @Suzette ! Less pain and the sugar is helping! woo hoo! Thank you for saying hi and paging, no alerts here, either so that really helps.
So, I love Chamomile tea. and I am just like @Nana757 and keep my T.V on at night, too! When I was recovering from the crushed elbow injury and was in such pain I would put the weather station on and sleep on the couch.. it was very soothing.. melodic music and melodic voices. Now I tape The Golden Girls and watch it at night.
I am awake at least 3 hours mid morning or early around 12:30. T.V. is my friend!
then I want to sleep until 9 am,, that's ok right now since I'm not working but big trouble in a few weeks when I return.
@Legin a good story about your wife. I bet that makes you very happy to see her less stressed.. no one likes to see their loved ones struggle. Suzette that is interesting about the no pain until you thought about it. There is a lot of research about the Pain Gate and methods to close it.. basically stopping the brain stutter that keeps sending the message long after the cause of the pain is gone.
Interesting stuff.
So, it's getting a bit later for dinner, we weren't hungry earlier, a wonderful client stopped by to check on me and leave some wonderful chili.. I think I should heat it up and enjoy it.. I bet you are ready for bed if not already asleep by now! One more day and its the weekend again!!:yahoo:
 
Hiya Suzz I chortled at your nicey approach, be nice but keep a picture of her throwing a boomerang all to well, ie what goes around....
That certainly was some workload, its a shame your boss is like she is as training peeeps is v satisfying. I have been a trainer for eons and love it. Only a few more hours then its the weeeeeekend. Weekend off for me we will see rota ends Sunday and no new rota yet. I have been told I will have a weekend off. It will be interesting when I take hol as I do just under 50% of the total hours.
Have a good weekend lass you are truly a hero and deserve better.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hey up lass. Here hoping life is good esp the work scenario

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin I am not getting any alerts nor in the alerts bit on the bs page. So keep missing posts. Am really sorry I missed your message and @CricketHip and @Nana757

Had a real busy week in cheshire. I was shadowing and training a new girl. But very tiring and a lot if travelling.

I am now about 17 ish weeks. No pain in left leg but...

My right leg today, has given me serious 8 out of 10 pain feels like nerve, and a deep throb in my butt and knee. The complete leg hurts. From my butt down the back of leg to my foot. Then down the front of my thigh and to the side. I woke with this pain this morning.

I had to take tramadol and cocodamol plus celebrex/ibuprofen and am now icing my thigh but trying heat on my butt.

I dont recall twisting awkwardly. Really strange, plus the bony bit on my outer thigh stings if i touch or lie on it. I now cant lie on either side as it triggers the leg throb off again.

Good thing though, it seems the OS didnt cancel the hosp appt on the 27th oct. He said he was happy with my leg and the pain is normal so moved appt to 24th nov. I will be going on the 27th as I do not think this pain is normal. If it is, I want to know exactly what is causing it. There are definitely nerves involved, the sciatic nerve and I think the femoral nerve. The anterior approach is also known for nerve damage in the outer thigh. Forgot what that nerve is now!

I havent seen the boss for a week and am not looking forward to seeing her next week. I have not heard anything about the job I applied for either. Oh well I will keep on looking. I have found another I might apply for tomorrow. Its for an IT trainer in the NHS. . But it will be a 5 grand pay cut, if I actually got it. So I need to work finances out.

I need to try and sleep now ! I too find a low tele volume makes me nodd off. Except when hubby puts family guy on. ..

I hope you are all well @Legin glad you have weekend off but when do you get a new work rota? xx

Ps just checked my following people page and lots had had the follow turned to not follow. Funny..

..not sure that sentence makes sense!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya Suzz really good to hear from ya. This not good on the nerve pain thingmabob. I used to get similar and had to work it out so to speak. I lifted leg so bent straight in front then pushed leg so knee was at side.
Pay cuts aren't good I know all to well. My overall pay has gone down 15k. Some serious life changes made, bang goes the hair transplant oh well who needs hairy toes anyway. Enjoy the rest of the weekend I hope pain goes down. Epsom salt bath can help.
Keep smiling lass,
From wayyyyy up north

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good morning...or is it afternoon, in your neck of the woods? So glad to hear you have a 2-week respite from the boss. That's got to be doing wonders for your mind. Hopefully, your OS can answer your questions about the pain you are experiencing lately, and, get it resolved. I think my nerve tissues are rebelling a bit, as well. I have been probably overdoing it lately and have decided to take it easy for a few days. I'm not overly concerned, but it is a little disconcerting....so, I know what you mean. Good luck with your appt this week and happy job hunting!
 
Hope you weekend was grand. I had to pinch myself I wasn't working sheeeeeeesh. I managed to keep busy and didn't get into bother well too much anyway.
BTW I'm sure nasty boss lady is a time related thingmabob so just keep it in mind. I left a not such a good care establishment, my exit interview lasted three hours I made sure of it..

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Suzette , VERY sorry to hear you still have that recurring pain issue....man, what a pain in the a.. ...literally!
yes, it might have something to do with the anterior scar nerve cut issue. I still get tingly numbness feelings in the front of my upper thigh, just below the scar area...like patting on balogna!
And on the left side (which, ironically, after the surgery was my 'no problems here, mate' side), I get a random, but tolerable, jab of pain on the outer part of the scar moving towards the left hip bone pointer. Temporary and fleeting, so I just ignore it...but if it was for longer than 5-10 seconds, it'd be worrisome, as I'm sure yours is!

Hope you find out something useful today at your OS visit!
crossing fingers for you!
 
Hi everyone just a quicky for now as son number 2 just returned. With Arnie the frenchie bulldog...

So I saw a different bloke today...totally different to the others ....he listened...and the diagnosis is
Piriformis syndrome
IT band syndrome
Trochanteric bursitis

Funny as I have been saying this for months , knew from the info on bonesmart and the lovely people I have met here and the ladies , @Josephine and @Jaycey....He dictated a letter whilst I was there, so I knew what he was telling the GP. Also been trying to tell them the same thing. So going to try the physio first then injection. Wish I had gone straight for the injection now, but he said to phone anytime and come back to the hospital to sort that out. Am also anaemic, but not too bad , 10.1 hb

I have to use a bolster pillow again between knees at night...and he said, walk and sit like a man to try and relax the outer thigh. I got told off at school for doing that !!! Oh and flop my leg to the side when driving , which luckily I do anyway, but thought that was wrong.

I felt like crying I was so happy !!!

@Kay9 I need to catch up with you , hope you are ok xxx

Be back later x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one lass, hmmmmm walk like a man. What like a cowboy???????

Legin THR Sep 14
 
So going to try the physio first then injection.
To be honest I would just go straight to the injection. We often see this post THR and many times it's due to over activity. Not sure that PT would not just aggravate.

I suffered Piriformis syndrome post LTHR and found that just gentle stretches and icing helped. Sorry you are having to deal with this now!
 
@Jaycey Thanks for your message. I think I have had all the things he said I have, since about week 4 or 5. But I couldn't get anyone to listen. I even avoided physio, as I knew about the over activity, so just walked instead. I think the same about the injection too, something I thought as soon as he had finished dictating letter to GP. I will check to see if gp can do it now it's official. Such a relief to have it officially!
I am trying some gentle stretches and will get my ice packs out the freezer. My left leg hip is painful now, but am hoping it just got twisted about a lot today and will be ok again tomorrow.

@Legin I think walk like a cowboy is more like it!! Well that's what I look like anyway...I am just going to look for some more jobs in a minute. She is sending emails to HR lady today about me paying the time back from hospital appointment today, she has not said anything to me though, and we discussed this at the appraisal. Funny though, I too am owed non paid hours from the working late when staying in hotels and driving miles and not getting home until 8 pm etc, plus no dinner breaks ever. I owe 2.5 hours today. If physio starts that will be more. That's why injection may be quicker better option...that's why new job where flexi hours are available. The stress is awful.

@Dashinghippie thanks for your message yes it really is a right pain, in fact sometimes , well a good 80% of the time, it's worse pain than the original hip pain , as this goes right down my whole right leg. I will check your post to see how you are doing.

@Nana757 have your pains subsided now? It's so easy to irritate things in there x
@Cynthia777 and @copsham are you ok, I need to find your threads to check

Well I am now going to browse jobs. HR lady says I should offer the time back to keep the peace, irrelevant of whether I have days owed to me that I don't ask for, as I just don't do that... xx
 
I agree when sore just stretch to stop seizing.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I hope I'm not adding to stress by my thoughts if so sorry

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom