Revision THR Another Second Chance

Harmonica - yes
Family genealogy - yes
Brew some Beer - yes, as long as you don't drink too much, fall down, go boom.
House - yes, but I can't imagine you lasting more than a few episodes cause you have ants in your pants.
Gym - NO!! I don't know if you could handle the temptation in being there. :no-fin:
Take a long winter's nap, or three :yawn: :sleep: Our body does it's best healing while we're asleep.
The faster you heal the quicker you'll be back to your normal life. How's that for some child psychology? :yes: :wink:
@inthebeginning

You can always play "House Bingo":

House does something that would cause a real doctor to lose his license.

House commits a blatant act of sexual harassment.

Team members break into patient's home.

Team members do lab tech work.

House orders incredibly stupid and dangerous treatment as part of diagnosis.

Something dramatic happens during an MRI.

Everybody knows Cuddy totally has to fire House this time. She doesn't.

House eats some or all of Wilson's lunch.

Someone helpfully informs House that he's an butt.

Add your own!

:bored:This recovery business can be exasperating, but good for you for slowing things down a bit.
We want this to be your last hip procedure...
Wishing you peace and patience.
Summer will be sweet!:SUNsmile:

Just a tad under 7,000 steps yesterday. That's the upper end of the new daily goal (until 4 weeks from now :loll:)
Stayed up pretty late to watch the Denver Nuggets playoff game last night, that's 2 night in a row because of the Colorado Avalanche the night before. The Avalanche play again tonight. So, sleep is back to normal I guess! Sleepus interruptus due to picking up kids from sports and watching sports! Got upstairs around midnight to get in bed and the 15 year old was on my side!! Given the horrible school shooting 10 miles from our home yesterday, I decided he needed momma more than I, so back to the recliner I went. Still got a good night's rest.

In other news, I just wrote my doc's team to see if I could maybe get into the gym to do some upper body weightlifting. I can accomplish this from a seated position and not engage my hips at all. I'll see what they say.

I skipped my 0800 Tylenol this morning. Let's see how that goes!

Make it a great day!!

I just wrote my doc's team to see if I could maybe get into the gym to do some upper body weightlifting.
Warning! New hips do not like lifting extra weight! You are not even one month out yet. Please don't try this until you are fully healed and then go slow.

Warning! New hips do not like lifting extra weight! You are not even one month out yet. Please don't try this until you are fully healed and then go slow.
I can tell already that my new hip likes the fact that I’m 60# less than last time!
I think I can find plenty of seated machines where I don’t have to pick up any free weights. Just plug in the weight on the machine and push/pull the associated bar or handles. I will again be careful to not engage the hips or below.

Do you feel us breathing down your neck? :heehee:
Are you growing weary of the sight of our avatars? :snork:
Are we making you feel like this > :hairpulling: or that > :gaah:
We care Wild One, truly we do, lol.
Now go forth...with caution...in good behavior.
@inthebeginning

I think I can find plenty of seated machines where I don’t have to pick up any free weights. Just plug in the weight on the machine and push/pull the associated bar or handles. I will again be careful to not engage the hips or below.

@inthebeginning, oh good luck with THAT one!!! Remember the verse in the song that goes "hip bone connected to back bone, back bone connected to shoulder bone"........duh, how are you going to push/pull without that connection!!! :scratch: :skep: :flabber:

I’ll keep it light for now. Just feel the need to stay more active than I am. Rather than only walking a few thousand steps a day, I can treat the rest of my body to some exercise.
:whistle: Make sure someone's there to take you home :groan: or to the hospital :no-fin: And keep the ice handy! Actually none of us want to see you in pain again, so slow and steady with the push/pulls!

Omg! Are you for real? My L THRevision was April 1st and I'm barely walking on crutches! Did I get your story right? You had a revision 3 weeks after me and my story has been a nightmare for me (though getting better) versus your beautiful recovery path!
Am happy for you. It's done me some good to see someone like you who is seemingly brewing through recovery. Attitude is everything- though mine has been awful, along with my recovery, I at least now KNOW I'm going to make it.
Hugs,

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks