Guest viewing is limited

THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

@1stSurgery.. Yes! You are so spot on with the description of his reaction and deflection. 19 century women and hysteria..I truly wanted to say that..LOL. but I stopped myself..next thing , I’ll be picketing the place!
Hubs noted my demeanor when I’m in the Doc office. I look down when speaking and my voice is not assertive.
That “ good girl” . Yikes..at this age..and from NY?
I was proud that I spoke up,and said , no that’s not the narrative. This is real pain.
This man is a kind soul and I do feel he’s at a loss. Hubs said, it’s like...he did his job , the mechanical part , and it all looks good.
So I’ll move forward with this medical plan.
Tonight, I signed up for a Deep meditation with Tibetan Bowls program @ my favorite library. I m looking forward to going and seeing my friends.
You’re so right , Layla, I have to get out.:flwrysmile:
 
Good for you @AnnieRose2 for speaking your mind! He was out of his expertise zone anyways in that part of the discussion. It's a common practice amongst male Pediatricians too; the "crazy mother" syndrome is assigned when they can't figure out or cure what's wrong with the kid. Must be the hysterical mom...imagining things...

The meditation sounds delicious!! Do report back how it went and...um, no sitting on the floor... !
 
Sorry for your experience at OS and please know I'm Thinking of you...
Maybe some nerve issues?
Wish there were some definitive answers...
 
I wanted to offer s little feedback on having staples removed. I had my 22 stables removed yesterday by PT. It was very simple and I felt very little. A very tiny pull and each one was out, no big deal. I was a little concerned as I had never had a staple prior to this surgery. I can tell you it feels wonderful to have those little people out. I just have Steristrips on there now.
 
Hi @AnnieRose2, Good news that the mechanical hardware all looks good and that you will be referred to a pain management doctor to sort out the the pain. So very difficult when doctors get patronizing about one's pain, despite their best intentions. I had a friend who had chronic pain after a robotic surgery and the pain clinic was excellent...her pain was handled differently, to her benefit. Will be interested to know if the pain clinic touches on Somatic or Feldenkrais movement (very very gentle with raised beds etc and only to one's comfort).
Glad that your doctor is ruling out everything he can (like infection) from his position.
Meditation is such a helpful tool...almost the best part of yoga practice IMO :)
When is your first pain clinic appointment?
Keep posting here...sending positive healing thoughts and prayers your way:angel:.
 
@AnnieRose
I agree with folks that getting out a bit more even if it's just a short time may help divert some of the focus on pain. I'm so glad to hear you are going to the Tibetan Bowl Sound Bath session! Meditation is certainly a good pain management tool. I will be interested to hear about the visit to the pain management doc as well. I'll stay in touch with you and continue to send my best hugs and energy your way.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@luvsibes. Hello, soul Sister. Thank you the Donna Eden meditation. I added it to my daily exercises and self massage session. My whole life is self focused. ..not selfishly , but the desire to get my life back. I miss my yoga and swim classes. I miss the weekly routine.
I’m making more effort to get out..I think it was fear and worry...afraid I was going to do something wrong and mess up this surgery. The fear might be from that failed dental implant I had last year. Who knows.?
I stopped taking Mobic and started taking Aleve..it’s only been 2 days but I think there’s been decrease in pain.
The recent pelvis X-ray report was excellent..very detailed. Everything is good!
I see another orthopedic doctor, not a surgeon , this week ..I want to talk about the possibility of trochanter bursitis, and I see the pain management doctor in September.
I was able to put on socks and tie shoes yesterday. My affected leg is still not strong and I have balance issues.
I practice mountain and tree poses to gain back that strength.
Even though the OS said give up cane, I’m not ready. And that’s ok.
I hope you’re good, improving daily, enjoying your warm water swim.
Wishing you a happy weekend.
AR2
 
You're sounding more upbeat and hopeful, AR2! Love getting that feeling from your post.
Don't lose sight of how early into recovery you are. There is still so much healing to take place.
Slowly but surely you'll get there. We all travel this road at different speeds.
Hugs and best wishes for a nice weekend!
@AnnieRose2
 
Hi AnnieRose- it's so good to hear from you and a more positive you! I'm glad all is looking fine mechanically with the hip! I know it takes awhile for swelling and soreness to resolve as I'm still having swelling and pain around the scar area. I'm glad you liked the Donna Eden Energy Medicine routine. It's quick, simple and seems to be a helpful energy mobilizer and balancer! I have not been able to do the Wayne Cook posture until recently so just crossed my hands and put the foot next to the other ankle. As of this week, I've been able to move the op leg to the position very basically. Everything can be adapted!

Mountain and tree pose are so good for balance. Adapt as necessary and don't worry about "full execution of the pose". I believe that language and approach is going away for accessible yoga practice! I remember early after op you mentioned you were trying Warrior. I just recently added it in to get the calf and quad stretch. My PT ok'ed it and I very gingerly move in to the pose with a minimal stretch! It's all coming back slowly (as it should if I'm patient!). Slow and easy, Soul Sister.

I understand the wanting your life back. I'll post on my thread in a bit about my slight ODIC entry this week! It was based on wanting my life back! I think this period is challenging as at 2 months, things have improved but restrictions and more recovery are still in process and I forget that and want to charge ahead!

Getting out has helped me but I still have to pace myself. I put on shoes and socks this week too! Such milestones are worth noting and celebrating! Congrats! You are taking care of YOU and that's the most important thing you can do now!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Saturday @AnnieRose2
Stopping by to wish you a nice weekend!
I hope you're able to get out of the house and do something fun.
It works wonders for the mood as I'm sure you've realized.
Big hugs to you!
 
I have some good news to report.
The blood work shows no infection in hip ..everything is normal.
I had a consult with my regular orthopedic doctor, not a surgeon. I reviewed with him the post op status , X-rays , blood work , my activity level and my daily pain. I asked his thoughts on a bursitis or pain originating from spine.
His summary “ the surgery is fresh. Body is still healing.”
He advised me to stay the course. I know this doctor for many years..like my OS, he is a patient man, sits with me, draws pictures with his explanations. And is very reassuring.
I walked a total of 2 miles yesterday and did my balancing exercises and stretches. I feel sore / pain today. So, I eased up today.
I still have an appointment with pain management doctor in September. Maybe I won’t need it.
 
Great news, AnnieRose!
So happy to hear it. I hope you you're feeling reassured.
It's great you're getting out to walk. And wise you're dialing it back if you're hurting.
You'll figure out the perfect amount of exercise through some trial and error.
Ice and rest. Thanks for sharing. You're on your way! :yes!:
@AnnieRose2
 
Good news my friend! Finding the balance in recovery is challenging but it sounds like you are progressing. It's good to hear a second doc confirming that things are ok. Ice, rest, and pacing yourself are the formula it sounds. It's two steps forward and one back sometimes before we can make the next increase in activity.

It does seem to take a long time to heal. I recall your doc said you healed slowly so give your body a thank you for progressing this far and some loving touch and vibes for a continues slow and easy recovery.

I know my wound area is still slightly swollen and sore to the touch. Even though at my first post-op my OS said I was healing well, it's a long journey still. Hang in there Soul Sister - you're on the way it sounds. I'm so happy to hear that.

Sending love and healing vibes to you! :loveshwr:
 
Hey there, Annie.
Wondering how you're doing? I hope things are going well for you.
Leave us an update when you have time. Would love to hear from you.
Enjoy the rest of the Summer!
@AnnieRose2
 
Hello, my BoneSmart people. :loveshwr:
Hip update..Even though I still have pain in the side of hip, groin and on sit bones, I see improvement in daily life.
I’m walking a mile (sans cane) at one time..I’m gradually adding strengthening exercises to my day. I realize I need to get those muscles and tendons strong.
I saw the pain management doctor today. He said I have hip bursitis and gave me an injection of Kenelog into the bursa. That’s wasn’t pleasant and my leg felt weak after,so i will have my cane close by tonight. I always thought that was my problem and I’m glad he agreed.
I’m still numb from lodocaine and he said the effects of kenelog will start in 2 days. I hope this is the answer.
We re going to Washington, DC for a few days of R&R. I hope this shot helps and I can walk on the Mall and visit the monuments.We have tour tickets to the White House..I’m excited about that.. Last summer, we toured the Capital Building.
He told me to stop the Gabapentin and increase the Aleve to 4 pills a day and continue with Tylenol.
I hate taking all these medicines. My poor kidneys.
I hope everyone is moving forward. Sending happy hippy thoughts to all of you. Tomorrow is my 3 month anniversary. :flwrysmile: Thanks for thinking of me
@luvsibes
@Layla
 
So nice to hear from you, Annie! Thanks for updating.
It sounds like you're progressing nicely. I hope the injection helps the Bursitis.
How exciting, a trip to Washington DC. Never been, but on my bucket list. I hope you
feel strong for the trip and have a wonderful time. Please let us know all about it when you return.
Safe travels, hope you enjoy!
@AnnieRose2
 
@AnnieRose2 sounds like you've got this under control. 1 mile walks are the ticket along with the mild strength exercises. I've had pains along and the one in the butt was one of the last to start disappearing. I've been walking over 2 mi every nite and I still get some thigh aches. DC trip sounds great, we went a couple of years ago to the Cherry Blossom Festival. Lots of walking at the national Mall but worth it.
 
Hope all gets better soon.
Feed the squirrels...
My father was very upset when first taken to DC as a young child, that it was the most impressive part of the trip for me !:giggle:
 
Last edited:
Hello @AnnieRose2 - I hope today is a happy 3 month anniversary day! We started this journey together fretting over pre-ops, decisions, and exploring the unknown. I know you've had ups and downs with the recovery. It sounds like you are improving and have a wonderful trip to look forward to. I'm happy to hear that and wish you a wonderful trip!

Consider bringing large zip lock baggies to get ice for ice packs from the hotel ice machine or at your stops for beverages at quick marts! Ice is nice! Use your cane as necessary. Do you have a handicap parking permit? I'm not sure about NY, but I got mine on the spot at AAA with just a short form and Dr. signature. Stop often if you can and take a short walk break. I'm excited for you!

Four Aleve a day would kill my tummy but if yours if strong, that should help! I still take 1/2 tramadol before bed and an occasional Tylenol 8 hour arthritis formula after PT if needed. I took 1/2 tram with 1/2 Aleve ("tramaleve" I called it) pre-surgery and occasionally add the 1/2 Aleve before bed now if muscles seem sore. I can only tolerate 1/2 Aleve as I overdid it in the early 2000's challenged by fibromyalgia at that time and my tum is sensitive to it now. I think Aleve is effective and like it, but I have to be judicious with it!

Short walks are how I started. I still only do about 2 miles at a time although I do it 2x/day along with other necessary walking. I'm averaging 10,000 steps/day now back to where I was a couple of years ago. It sounds like you've found the sweet spot for your exercise and activity level. I hope the shot helps calm the bursitis and it just goes away then!

Sending anniversary wishes and good travel wishes to you! Love, Your Soul Sister in hippy journey!:flwrysmile::happydance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom