Guest viewing is limited

THR anitawants2tango is taking first steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, didn't imagine I would initiate such bursts of energy with my news about sll's. So interesting how each of our bodies responds differently to the surgery. The leg lifts were such a big deal to me because until two days ago I just could not get my foot even an inch off the floor (from a prone position) and it was really distressing to feel like my brain and my body were not communicating. Wishing you all happy exercising!

And Charlie, it would be you to make them more challenging. Just can't stop you when you want to boldly go...
 
Anita, Please be kind to your significant other. To make dates with him in the morning then breaking them when it is time to go hard on the old boy:hairpulling:.

You are asking him to get take-out at least and still come over? As a consolation offer. He still wants to see you I am sure.:friends:

Wish you a Good and Happy New Year and a A Slow Dance Soon.
 
Thanks goatram for the reminder to be good, very good, to my significant other. It is something that is so easy to forget. ... However, I have not been subjecting him to such terrible frustration. We actually live toegther and the "dates" are usually about my suggesting I might accompany him to a milonga (the term for an argentine tango dance) - then it ends up me sending him off alone to dance with a variety of lovely ladies. Ergo, I see it as a bit of a win-win for him. :rolleyespink:
 
Anita that is great. I figure your guy will be very understanding about our bungee jumping then. :)

Four days to go for other side ...... a little anxilus but not like last time.

Kevin
 
Just checkin in with you Anita, how are going?
 
Hey Anita - I saw this in the news today and of course thought of you. Let's cross this company OFF of the list !!

broken link removed: https://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc.com/45918662/#45918662

Kevin
 
Wheeee-yooouuuu! I should say so! That's the biggest fear I'd have about bungee jumping. It IS a miracle that she survived.
 
Seven + week follow-up report

Hi Everyone
I hope you are all enjoying the post holiday lull. I tried the other day to write a little update, but ended up getting kicked off and lost everything - so I am going to try to be more brief.
Though they are coming in more subtle increments, I still notice small steps of progress every few days. My energy level is a little more steady, but vascillates some. I am also increasingly more active, taking longer walks and doing more strenuous exercises. At this point I am doing things like bridges with alternate leg raises, and, I can now do all my leg raises with a one pound weight on the operated leg. My PT has now also gotten on my case about not cheating on sit-to-standing or squats by basically using my good leg to get up. Making this adjustment has forced me to recognize just how different the strength is between my two legs. Oh well, just a new challenge to take on.
The big news of the week is that I finally had my follow-up with my OS. He was pleased with the surgery and proudly showed me how snug the prosthesis fits into my femur. I'm glad he was so happy about it, because it was still really strange for me to see the actual images of the thing in my leg. We both agreed that my legs appear to be the same length and I have to say that I don't feel there is any difference between them. Even though I am still walking with a slight hesitation on the operated side, the OS gave me the okay to lose the cane - :yay: - which I happily did immediately! Three days without any walking aid and I am feeling very confident without it.

Still looking forward to when I can post a video of me dancing - hopefully that will be soon. Now that I am working full-time again, it isn't so easy to keep up to date with everyone, but I am trying. Even if you don't hear from me, I think of my friends here on BS everyday and hope you are enjoying your increasing and rediscovered freedom of movement.
 
Hi Anita. I think you just got the best report that you ever could expect! Yahoo! You are a textbook recovery Anita. I wish you all the best in the rest of your recovery journey. Best, Janet/nanamac
 
Great report. It sounds like you are definitely getting your strength back. You'll be dancing in no time!
 
:thumb: Excellent report, Anita - I am so glad you are doing well
 
Anita, what a great report! You are about a month ahead of me and I cannot wait to get more exercises to do! I know what you mean about using your good leg to carry the weight - I am finding old habits are hard to break!

Best of luck with your continued progress - I know you will be dancing the Tango soon!!!
Judy
 
Good for you Anita, It's funny little improvements mean so much don't they. Just stick to the recovery regime and you will be fine.
 
Anita,

Miss you and am glad you are doing so well and are back to work. It helps to be able to do all those "normal" things again. Means we are getting our lives back, only better, with no pain. We will get there! Hang in there and post when you can.
 
Just want to say that sounds like you are doing fantasticallly well! I saw my x-rays yesterday for the first time and my surgeon was also very pleased with himself! It is weird seeing it though, I keep saying to myself 'I have a ceramic hip'.
 
Thanks everyone for the support.

Joanna, Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Just yesterday I was walking home from the train feeling particularly good and again found myself asking, "Did I really have that operation?" Sometimes it feels like it happened in a dream - but perhaps that it a positive sign that we're starting to "forget" about it, rather than the hip being the center of our lives. @joanna:
 
Hi Anita, I can second that thought. - had the same one myself yesterday.

I have found since I resumed taking my supplements, my energy and stamina levels improved out of sight.. Even though we eat very well, I just know to help the healing my body is crying out for extra vitamins and minerals.

You are doing very well to be back at work full time - excellent.

That bungee jump with Kevin is deferred until he recovers from hip number two though :thumb:
 
Also agree that it is so refreshing to walk along and not have my hip be the center of my outta. Going from 24/7 pain to a little pain here or there if I over exert is a massive improvement, physically but most of all mentally. I feel like there is a huge weight off of me. It's really exciting that we are all starting to get that able body feeling back!

Take care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom