THR anitawants2tango is taking first steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good Anita and you seem so happy, great Christmas tree by the way.

Billy.
 
AHHH-NEEEEE-TAAAA.....YOU were DANCING!!! I saw it! I was happy right along with you. What a fabulous video.
 
Checking in from my phone which doesn't like letting me watch videos. Based on the comments I've read I'm just going to have to log in from my lap top ........my curiousity is intense! :0)
 
Anita - loved this weeks video - you look like you are doing great - walking without a limp, smiling, enjoying the holiday. A month ago this probably didn't seem like a reality to us ! I know at times it seemed like a long month - but your videos help us measure the progress and see the results. Nicely done, my surgical sister. Congratulations. Have a little egg nogg for me.

Kevin
 
Hi Anita, it was thrilling to see your video. You looked like you were having such a good time! Well done you, enjoy your Christmas!
 
Wow wow wow!! Anita your video is inspirational. You look great and your walk is fantastic! You're well on your way to that tango. Much love and a Merry Christmas to you too!!!!! xoxo
 
Go ahead and dance a waltz. Slow and easy and warm up.
[Bonesmart.org] anitawants2tango is taking first steps
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] anitawants2tango is taking first steps
    hali_olutta.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 255
Hi Anita

Hubby said I had to write specifically to you! :) with this info :)

Last night for the first time in nearly four years, we had some soft gentle music playing and he offered me his hand and we had our first slow waltz.... This is the first time, in all those years that I was upright, looking at him in his eyes...

A cherished moment :)

He has pestered me all day to make sure I let you know. He wanted to tango.... But we pretended with our hands and arms instead....

xx, Sandy
 
Hi Anita,

You are truly awesome .....I hate you!!:loll: ....Not really obviously but you are truly a paragon.
My target is to get as good as you by the first week of the new year which will be 4 weeks after my weight bearing started!

Thanks again for the inspiration and happy Christmas.

Charlie
 
Fantastic Anita

Life is returning to normal, don't forget the date you and Kevin have in 12 months time :) xx
 
Jetlag. No worries. I will have a lot of egg nog for you!

goatram. A waltz is a lovely idea and I think maybe there will be one New Year's Eve. PS - if that was a link in your post, I could not open it : (

Smja Thank you for sharing the story of your dreamy magical moment. Wishing you and hubby many more staring deeply into each others eyes moments. ... And I don't think anyone is going to forget my bungee jumping date with Kevin!!! :DOH:

charlie cyborg Sweetheart, how could you hate me?! I LOVE you! :th_heehee: ... Don't fret, you will be boasting soon enough about new heights of physical prowess. Just remember the old mantra.

Good night all, wherever you are. Anita
 
This board does not have a Beer Gif to post so I stole one from one of my Fishing Forums @ Bloodydecks.com. Rough around the edges but losts of good people that love to fish the ocean.

I was saying cheers to your Tree decorating and spirits enjoyed during the Semi Party! Glad to see your still moving.
 
I have been really busy trying to catch up on everyone's threads and it has been so great to read about how you all enjoyed your holiday celebrations. I also had my hands full preparing for family dinner on Christmas day. Thankfully the angel of a boyfriend took care of most of the cooking and I was only in charge of the stuffing and the cake. I love to bake and was proud of myself for making a nice little red velvet cake, but I have to admit that the effort knocked a bit of the wind out of me. I did however recuperate enough to enjoy the remainder of the day with our small but lively family.

Just a quick update on where I am at now just shy of six weeks post op. My biggest present by far was discovering that I am comfortable walking unaided as long as I don't have to contend with stairs! So I will still take the cane into the subway, but otherwise do not have to drag my little friend around. I am also finally taking only OTC pain relievers. And last week I began outpatient PT!! I am now cleared to do several stretches - which feels GREAT - and I am doing several more challenging exercises, like bridges with leg lifts - OUCH! Despite feeling stronger and stronger I am still waiting for that magical moment when I can do a straight leg raise from the floor. On Xmas day we did a wee bit of dancing, but I got nervous so we stopped. I realized in that moment that I am feeling really protective of the hip because I have yet to get my surgeon's post op seal of approval - that should happen next week.

Also during these past several days I have been finding myself unable to guage my energy - sometimes great and then suddenly feeling kind of semi comatose. And have had a few moments of feeling really down. At this time of the year I could easily attribute moodiness to the holidays, but I think I am right to chalk this variability up to the residual effects of the surgery and the recent weaning off pain meds. Any one care to comment on how long your energy is affected by the procedure, anasthesia, narcotics?

I am going to try to check out the BS NYE party, but for any of you who won't be attending, let me wish you all a Happy, Healthy 2012. :cheers_wine:
 
Anita, your progress sounds great! The leg raises from the floor I am about 6inches up - making slow progress. Bridges with the leg lift sound awful right now! You have been one of my role models!!! I know what you mean about energy levels. I have a lot during the day(still pretty much house bound) but hit 7pm and I can't keep my eyes open! I think my daughter thinks I am an old fogey - kind of feel sorry for her being on break from college and I can't do anything with her when she is home (we usually go out for coffee and shopping).

Nice that your boyfriend can cook (that is why I married my husband:wink1:) Red velvet cake is his favorite - his mom used to make it all the time. I am the first to say I am no cook - my kids would all agree!!! I make the best tacos and spaghetti with sauce from a jar!!
 
Hi Anita

We are in the same timeframe post op, with me just two days before you.

I can honestly say that our energy levels are mirroring each other. Since coming to the coast I have found that I have needed to sleep and sleep. I sleep a full night, then exercise, walk, brekky then come back and sleep for at least two more hours. Then late in the afternoon, I lay down for a short nap which ends up another two hours... I think this is perfectly normal and is exactly what our bodies require at this stage....Go with the flow is my motto!

With regards to the "down times", once again, we are on exactly the same time frame... One minute happy, the next sad. Once again I believe this is normal and part of the process of recovery... Go with the moment Anita, flow with the emotional ups and downs. - you are normal honey!

Also the "feeling of protective of my hip", once again a normal emotion. You will definitely feelmhappier when you have seen your OS. I saw mine at just 4 weeks and when he said - "oh, you can 100% weight bear" I got quite a surprise and thought no way, don't feel quite ready, so went with my own instincts and gradually weaned myself off two sticks, then one, then none. But I also carry one with me, more as a backup if I feel tired.

Don't forget you have gone back to work, a profession which is demanding emotionally.. and then the Xmas festivities arrived.

Considering we are at the same stage of recovery... I think you are spot on
 
Sorry, hit send before finishing off...

Also when I saw my OS, I asked him whilst he was looking at the x-rays "are you happy?" .. He said "yes, but it is you who needs to be happy" to which I replied... No, in my mind it doesn't quite work that way... I have had no pain since the surgery, I came off all narcotics by day 11, have walked unaided for a few steps... So for me, I am more interested in your medical opinion of what you think your handiwork is telling you at 4 weeks - he then said " it is all good".

So at that point I knew everything was going to be ok and started discussing the timeframe for hip #2, much to the horror on hubbies face! .... Gotta keep these men on their toes! No seriously, my husband could handle me having another surgery in under 6 months after my two close calls in ICU.

So once again Anita, you are right on target :thumb:

Lots of love, Sandy... Chat at the NY Eve virtual party :) xxx
 
Another iPad blue.... Hubby could NOT handle me having another surgery under six months :) xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom