Guest viewing is limited

THR anitawants2tango is taking first steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, thanks to everyone for your lovely comments. While several of you have said that I am an inspiration, I want to shout out that YOU have been my inspiration. The BS community is populated by a group of spunky, humorous, creative, perservering individuals who share a real desire to live life fully. I am so very thankful for the amazing people on this forum who have supported, encouraged and challenged me to remain positive and to focus on my recovery. Being able to read about your strivings to progress and your various adventures on the road to recovery have helped me through the difficult times in my own rucuperation and spurred me to power through to my goals. Thanks to all of you who have accompanied me on this journey.
 
Anita.....that was truly amazing!!! I'm so proud of you. Your dance really made my day.
 
Awwww, Anita, thanks for the kind, heartfelt words. This truly is an awesome forum with the most amazing people...:dancy:
 
Hi Anita,

A big :thumb: and :yay: for your first dance. I hope our moderators will put it in the success stories videos! Wonderful to see you moving the way you did! Keep up the great work and progress!

Lou
 
That is the most amazing video Anita! I just sat here and teared up seeing you dance, absolutely beautiful.

It really is the community here that has made our recoveries so bearable and a bit fun!

XOXO
 
Oh Anita! I wouldn't have found your video except that for some reason I got an email from Bonesmart with it attached. You look fabulous doing the tango! I'm so, so happy for you, doing what you want to do and looking SOOO good doing it, and, as Josephine says, at ONLY 10 WEEKS! I have a friend who's been trying to persuade me to learn to tango for years - she keeps saying 'but Jane, it's a walking dance' and as you know I like to walk. Well, although the lessons are a 60 mile round trip I might give it a go - wow, if it made me look like you I wouldn't hesitate!
 
Hi Anita,

I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I saw your tango video and it was just great!! I couldn't even tell which hip was your THR -- awesome!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Yippie! Isn't it terrific not to feel pain? That's how I feel. Not to mention being able to walk my little Schnauzer Max and pick up after him without falling over in pain :-)
 
Thanks to everyone who stopped by to watch the video and commented. Josephine, I am so touched that you posted it to Success Stories. DianeMarie, Buffi, Lou and Charlie - Since we all went through the pre-op jitters and intiial recovery around the same time I think we all get a little emotional when we read about each other's successes.

I know I have been away from the forum for several days, but as I am just shy of the 12 week mark I thought I would give an update while I had the chance. My absence is really a sign of how "normal" my life is becoming. Increasingly, being aware of my operated leg is becoming the exception rather than the rule and I am beginning to really resume my prior rhythms. I still do my exercises and stretches religiously, and I cannot yet give myself a pedicure, but all in all I am feeling great. In fact I am doing well enough that I have fallen into the familiar habit of overdoing it and have irritated my shoulder a bit doing upper body work. C'est la vie! Wish I had more to report, but that's about it.

For the Yanks in the audience, Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Tho I will be watching Dowton Abbey. :wink1:
 
Anita,

So great to hear from you and glad you are doing so well :thumb:. It is wonderful that you are getting back into "normal" life with your new hip.
We all get there, at different paces, but we get there :yes 4: Couldn't be happier for you. Please post when you can and how about going to the salon for a pedicure? It is a wonderful, pampering treat :dancy: Take care.
 
Hi Anita

So thrilled that life is returning to a normal pattern - you go girl!

I think it was dancing that first Tango with Martin... We certainly all enjoyed that moment watching it. Sort of like we were there with you in the room, listening to the music and watching you both... A magical moment for sure.

Big hugs and love xx
 
Hi Anita,

Strangely I'll be watching the Superbowl!! (I've seen Downton Abbey):th_heehee:

Good to hear you're well on the way to "normality" Keep on dancin' babe!!

Love

Charlie
 
Hi Anita,
Awesome dancing Video.:happy dance::happy dance:
So happy that you are reaching out to your dreams. Thankyou for sharing your video and being an inspiration for so many people. That is a great claim to fame.
Best wishes
Gizmo
 
Hey Sister -

I just read that Billy Joel had a double THR a while back ! Gee, maybe I'll be able to play the piano and sing in my next career !

How you doing this week ?

Kevin
 
Hi Everybody!
I cannot believe that both my 3 and 4 month marks have passed and I haven't written a thing. I have had some other personal stuff, unrelated to my hip, to attend to which partly explains my absence from the forum. But really I have mostly just been very involved in living my life with my new addition and it has been tough to keep up with both reading and posting. Thought it was more than time for me to send in an update.
At this point there is still just the slightest hint of the surgery. A little numbness still around the incision site and a slightly evident relative weakness of the left leg. As my activity has increased I have also noticed an annoying pain that radiates from my sacrum to my foot. HOWEVER, the much more impressive good news is that I am back to dancing a couple of times a week - 4 inch tango heels and everything!, I am walking up a storm, and I have even gotten my bicycle out of mothballs and have gone for a couple of rides outdoors. And I almost forgot!! -- I have also started getting back to a yoga routine. Am beginning with a restorative class, but so far having no problems doing some facsimile of all poses.
I am really looking forward to Spring and fully enjoying my current "catch me if you can" attitude. Wishing you all well out there in hipster land.
Anita
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom