Guest viewing is limited

THR anitawants2tango is taking first steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well folks the first day back in the office seems like it was a success! Travel went smoothly and my energy seemed to hold out well. I took a nap in the afternoon, kept my feet elevated during sessions and made sure to take short walks throughout the day. By the end of it all I really wanted to get home and put on my pj's, but I was basically okay. Woke up today feeling fine - well as fine as I felt before yesterday's adventure. Today having a day at home before going back in for a half day tomorrow. Thanks for sending the positive vibes!!
 
Anita - Your post brought a smile to my face. What a delightful day and a big step back closer to normal life. You continue to give the rest of us inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin
 
Congratulations Anita! Another Bone Smart success story :yes 4:! Wishing you the best of good health and happiness!
 
Well done Anita, you are doing great. Don't do too much and put yourself back in any way.:thumb:
 
Congratulations Anita! I'm not far behind you, I'm scheduled to go back to work first week of January, huge difference though i work from home so my blessing has to be no commuting. Ive loved watching and reading about your recovery it's trully brilliant I'm confident you will continue to grow stronger and stronger.....love!! Thanks for sharing your journey xxooxx
 
I will do another drive by and ask for the update. Did you work the rest of the week working half days?

I wish I had the opportunity to take a nap at work every once and awhile.:sleep: Glad the first day went well.
 
Thanks for all the encouragement everybody.

goatram - Thanks for asking. Well, I worked a half day Wednesday and then a very full day Thursday - though I did have time for some napping. I am lucky that working for myself I have control over my schedule and can parse out my appointments to accomodate my needs. I think the week went alright. By Thursday night I was pretty tired and my left hip felt quite sore, but I iced when I got home (the boyfriend is helping out too by picking me up in the evenings so I only have to deal with the subway on the way in - also helps that someone always gives up a seat for me), slept a good 9 hours, and woke up feeling okay. Had another day at home today, but ran a few errands to get ready for a small get together we're having tomorrow as we decorate our Christmas Tree. So I continue to feel that I have not been a total idiot in going back to work. Got some important reassurance from my rehab doctor who I saw for an eval on Wed - she felt that I was functioning within what my abilities seem to be. Whew!

Hoping to give a further update and current video later this weekend.
 
Wow Anita

Sounds like your first week back went well, all within your personal limits. Good for you :) xx Sandy
 
Anita,

I think it's excellent how quickly both you, Kevin and Sandy have rebounded. I feel next week I'm going to push a little, nothing crazy but create a more busy routine, this past week I felt a little lethargic and ultimately lazy BUT BUT promise not beating myself up my body did well lounging about and I enjoyed the naps! Today was a good example earlier wasn't in the mood to see my girlfriend and sounds bad I could have postponed but didn't it was awesome putzing around cleaning getting ready for them and I had a blast, my point being I think it's also good to get busy and have basic plans. That's where you guys come in, plus others by how quickly you are returning to a normal life and it really inspires me. Not comparing or trying to keep up with the jones! just know sometimes good to follow!!

Have fun putting up Christmas tree!

Sarah

xxooxx
 
Hi Everyone,
Only had time to catch up a little bit this morning before my PT arrives. Really good to hear that so many of you are doing well and feeling good. Buffi's video was a delight! Sarah, glad you are giving yourself permission to go at your own pace - we are all going in the same direction and will meet up at the goal line. Plinej, how fantastic that you and the other hippy martial artists have found each other! And Kevin, out of my living room window I can watch the planes out of Newark flying over the Verrazzano bridge - it gives me a little pleasure each time to wonder "Is Kev at the wheel of that thing?"

Not too much to add since my last post. My continued stability over the weekend has reassured me further that the return to the office was not premature. I will still stay part time thru December, but on the days "at home" I seem to be able to do alot. Today will be my last session with Harvey, my home PT and next week I will start outpatient with therapists who know me from previous injuries, so I know that I will be working HARD! I hope to soon be regaining ROM in the joint. Each day I can feel that I eke out another couple of mm's as I stretch toward my left foot.

Our Christmas Tree decorating was great fun and you can see the results in this weeks video - taken on the one month anniversary of my surgery. I will admit that there was a bit of spiked punch involved, so I am a bit animated. Wishing you all a Joyous Holiday, whichever one you celebrate, and a Happy, HEALTHY, Movement-filled 2012! :xmasmore:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YO5NqR-X7w&context=C3b75bd5ADOEgsToPDskJgPHNN5j4xckyFRceojy2r
 
Ohhhhh this is my favorite video....hahahahahahaha!! Ok I'll admit any signs of Christmas trees, lights etc then i get that gooey feeling.

Another fabulous video, you look beautiful and most important your walk looks normal YAY!

Merry Merry Christmas to you Anita and your loved ones!

xxooxx
 
Anita, this is the best one yet! You look so happy! I am getting there quickly, too and hope to show some of my success also, if I can get hubby to cooperate and figure out how to post! You have been one of my main inspirations!!!
 
Merry Christmas to you, too Anita! I love your video :) You look lovely and are moving so smoothly - with a bit of the dance in your step too :thumb:


It is so encouraging to see your videos and those posted by others ... thanks so much for sharing your progress with us :gifts:
 
Way to go Anita.... Love your easy walk, love your tree, just disappointed I am not there to share in some of your spiced punch :)

Keep the fun going xx, Sandy - will chat before Xmas
 
Anita, congrats on your progress. It is wonderful to read. Getting back to work is a huge goal and a great achievement. You must be so pleased to have achieved this by six weeks. Before you know it you will be able to tango the night away.

Cheers Hoops
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom