@Layla “Que sera sera” has generally been my mantra, particularly for those times when I can’t seem to control circumstances. But sometimes I need a reminder. Thanks for the reminder. Yes, Dr. Bradshaw said the hematoma or seroma will resorb and that I don’t need to be concerned. Now all I need to do is to not be concerned. Easier said than done for me. But I’ll work on it.
I hope you enjoy Elvis. It
is supposed to be a good movie. I’ll probably go to a theatre again some day, but not having gone to one for so long makes it easier to watch movies at home. Those recliners
are very comfortable. And the idea of icing and elevating, if I could smuggle in an ice gel pack, is fun.
I’m driving to Fayetteville on Friday to have my hair trimmed. While there I plan to see my friend Sarah and take her the single Milk Bar Chocolate Truffle that I have kept frozen for her for a while. When the truffles arrived, I asked her which flavor she would prefer, and she chose chocolate, so I have resisted the temptation to eat it. If you‘re curious, Google “Milk Bar” and you will see a delightful assortment of treats. Jennifer is also having her hair done on Friday, and we always enjoy visiting with Erin, our cosmetologist. Jennifer and Pete plan for us to have their favorite pizza, and I will see my six grand dogs, so Friday will probably be a very nice, although possibly tiring, day. At the least, it will be a nice distraction from sitting in my lift chair all day except for when I walk around and when I fix something to eat.
@subie2021 It appears that we share the same basic philosophy. “But it's so hard sometimes to keep that in mind.” So true. Thank you for helping lift me out of the abyss of self pity. Not to say I won’t slip down there again, but maybe your reminder will help me maintain my footing.
Thanks to both of you and to
@Eman85 for your encouragement. You are helping me to keep on keeping on.