Guest viewing is limited

TKR Am I really going to do this? Randi's new recovery thread

CONGRATULATIONS, Randi! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness. Loved you great update, too. Looks like 2013 is going to be a wonderful year for you.
 
So is it snowing there too?.... being part way up the mountain we had snow when I woke yesterday, then beautiful sunshine in the afternoon.... it was so nice! :SUNsmile: Today it is snowing again... The satellight weather shot looked like you are getting it too. Lots of wind too. Even the dog wants to stay in!!! My poor chickens are in the coop... snow day!!! Only a couple of brave hens under the coop out of the weather. I may give then some warm mash this afternoon to warm them up for the night along with hot water. They think it is tea and porridge.... They love it.:happydance:
 
Tea and porridge sounds good on a day like today! It did snow this morning but now its raining. We are pretty close to sea level, but I'm sure if I drive up the road--SNOW! :sleigh:I'm also happy to report today is my magical 8 week anniversary of my TKR!!! I am definitely feeling better overall and stronger, able to do more and as a result my knee puffed up last night. And I didn't think I did that much! But that's a sign that I'm better, I don't wear out so easily. I am lucky, Lindsay has done EVERYTHING for two months and cheerfully so I haven't done any cooking, cleaning, laundry. I've lived like a Queen! She's planning on payback when she has her second TKR Jan 23. I hope I can be as good. :friends:
 
Well, I accomplished another major milestone today...shopping at Costco! Part way through I started getting a really intense sharp pain in the outside of my knee but it eventually subsided and I seem none the worse for wear. I'm kind of sorry because I saved a lot of money not shopping at Costco, but wait, aren't we supposed to save by going to Costco? Hmmm. :scratch: I still am taking it really easy and I think that's working well. Still icing, still taking a pain pill at night, but feeling much much better. Lots to do tomorrow so we'll see how I do. My sister and family are coming and we're doing our Christmas early, then a quiet week with a few social outings, just the way I like it.
:sleigh:
 
:umm: You don't save money at costco....:shrug: you spend the same but you don't have to shop as often...:egypdance:
It is great you are doing so well!!!! I find it is the inside of my new knee that gives me grief.... go figure!
 
Hi Randi pleased to see you reached your 8 week anniversary and you are progressing well. We have a Costco near us too but I havent managed to walk around there yet. Its soooo big. I have walked around the smaller shops but my daughter thinks its so funny the way I hold on to the trolley for support. The whole white knuckle thing. Holding on for dear life. Karlea had been my Lyndsey. She has been so good running the whole house for me and without a single complaint. What would we do without them. Hope you continue to progress well and enjoy your first christmas as a married couple. How cool is that. MERRY XMAS and make it a good one. :sleigh:
 
I'm so happy for you! And while I wouldn't wish TKR on anyone (who didn't want it), in a way it's nice you'll have a chance to reciprocate by looking after Lindsay as she's done for you. I have no idea how I'll ever show enough appreciation for the folks who've come to our rescue... The longer this goes on, the more indebted and humbled I feel... Thank-you notes? Knee-covery party? Charitable gifts in their honor? Right now I'm thinking giant knee sculpture in the front yard with names engraved on base.
 
Happy Christmas everybody. I appreciate you all! :reindeer: :merrychristmas:
 
Well our Christmas day is almost over. Its been a brilliant day. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas Randi and had a special day with Lyndsey. Its ten thirty in the evening here now so im elevating and icing. And so it goes on. Take care x
 
Congratulations (a week late) on your 8-week LTKR Randi! :happydance: It is so encouraging to hear how well you are progressing! I realized I hit my 8-weeks today on the right (Merry Christmas to me :xmasdance: ), but with dealing with the newer left knee, it did not get the accolades and measurements it has earned! Neither can I ascertain whether it still needs pan meds or not! lol
 
I still take one Oxycodone at night not because of intense pain but to stay comfortable and not toss and turn. I also go to sleep with an ice pack (and my electric mattress pad). In this way, I can sleep pretty well. During the day I can get by on a little Tylenol. Last night I tried going to bed without the ice or the pill and I tossed from 10:30 to 2:30 until I got some ice and a pain pill and iced up my knee. We had a great Christmas, my sister and her partner for the weekend, dinner party with friends last night, a snowy one mile walk today (my longest so far) and a movie this afternoon. I really enjoyed everything but now I will need to ice. I liked The Hobbit by the way. Good to hear from you Lynn. Congrats on your new new knee. :dancy:
 
Busy, busy, busy! Sounds like a lovely holiday for all. I'm back on the short walk circuit till #2 revs up a bit stronger. Seem to finally have the pain under control, but since I run out of Oxy tonight, I need to switch over to Hydrocodone. I will take note of your approach for when I get to that stage. I had been so intent on getting off of everything before the 2nd knee, I did not take into consideration a little at night could be a good thing. Live & learn! So want to see The Hobbit - most of the other holiday blockbusters, but am ancy about attacking the Los Angeles movie scene (or any crowds) with two recent knees. Keep up the great progress.
 
Plus the Hobbit is almost three hours, no traffic here in Port Townsend but you do have to arrive at least a half hour early to get a seat, so probably close to four hours sitting. At nine weeks this was my first movie and i was a little twitchy and I'm ready to go ice up. I had my knee done one week before your RTKR so you get the picture (no pun intended). The Hobbit was better than I thought it would be. Totally worth it.
 
Where is Port Townsend in relation to Bellevue Randi? We have dear friends up there with whom we travel a lot. In fact we now spend a week in Lake Chelan every summer with their gang as well.
 
I'm on the Olympic Peninsula about 2 hours from Bellevue including a ferry boat ride. My sister lives in Bellevue and I go there all the time. Lake Chelan is wonderful. We went there last summer for a week. If you get a chance to come to PT look me up. This is a vacation destination in it's own right, a Victorian seaport town across from Canada (hi Creeker!).
 
Randi, when you said you went for a one mile walk was that with a cane. I cant imagine walking that far without one. My knee still gets very very stiff. I dont use my cane in the house but whenever I go out I use it. Be interesting to know how you are progressing.
 
Back
Top Bottom