TKR Am I really going to do this? Randi's new recovery thread

What lovely news Randi, hope you both have a very special day.
Congratulations
Toothfairy :flwrysmile: :yes!:
 
Randi, that is wonderful news! Congratulations!!! Unfortunately for many of my friends and my SIL, MI still hasn't figured out how wrong it is to deny people that right. Hopefully someday the people will open their minds and hearts and realize how wrong they truly are. I am so happy for you! :dancy: :happydance: :yay: :flwrysmile:
 
Congratulations Randi!!! I'm so happy for both of you!!! Oh, you must post pictures of your wonderful day!!! :yay: :happydance: :yes!:
 
Randi, I am fairly new to the forum and am catching up on various posts. I am a week ahead of you in my RTKR, and you had TKR done on my birthday! Anyway, I am writing to say:
1) CONGRATULATIONS! It is absolutely fantastic that you got married this weekend. Hooray!:) and thank goodness that Washington got its act together!
2) In your thread, you have articulated a LOT of what I have experienced in those first weeks after surgery, esp. doing what seems like an innocent activity only to end up with ice and meds. I'm at seven weeks now and things are much much better. Wishing the same for you.
3) Those pups are gorgeous! :puppysmooze:
 
Randi whoo hoo and congrats on finally being able to marry the person "YOU" love. I am so happy for you. And your Rosie is a doll baby. We had a dog like your sisters years ago, and man was she hyper! Sweet dogs though!

Keep up the good work, but remember slow and easy. Huggles!
 
Randi, congratulations on your marriage! What happy news! Nuptials, knee -- good things are happening in your life and you have much to celebrate.

My 8 yo would go crazy for both those doggies, too -- what sweethearts!

Momby
 
Six weeks! :yes!: I'm so happy to have the first six weeks behind me. Even tho it took me until noon to get out of the house, I really felt good this morning. I went and ordered some flowers, walked Rosey a few blocks and stopped at the food coop for about six items. The coop was full of kids and I started getting queasy and fatigued so I headed home and rested for the rest of the day. Total elapsed time about one and a half hours. That's my limit I guess. I am so happy to feel good. Even tho I am not able to do much in a day, I can feel the strength returning. Not as much lolling around and I feel good enough to make myself a simple meal and generally move around the house more. Plus I'm lucky, no need to clean with Lindsay around and cups of tea galore. I just feel so fortunate to have this surgery available to enhance the quality of life. Lots of people don't have that. Did I tell you? Lindsay will have her second TKR Jan 23 and then I hope we're through with TKR in this house. Dr Holland said I had 50 years left on my right knee. I can live with that. :yahoo:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Am I really going to do this?  Randi's new recovery thread
Really great update, Randi. Getting some of that lost energy back is such a boost and gives our overall outlook a real shot in the arm. You guys have enough experience between you to start a consulting business for future TKRers. Happy that things are progressing for you. Take care, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] Am I really going to do this?  Randi's new recovery thread
 
Randi that is wonderful about your marriage! Congratulations to you both. Was Rosey your ring bearer? Such a doll! The little aussie as well.
I'm glad you are feeling better. As far as the stairs, I have only tried a few steps doing it the normal way. I am training for that on a small step at PT and at home on step down living room steps. I won't be doing it the real way until I feel strong enough. I wonder if that was the cause of your set back! My PT is very conservative so she doesn't have me do a flight of stairs until I can do baby stairs the normal way without pain and instability. I don't remember the statistics on it but putting all your weight on the one foot is a big deal. Maybe someone has the numbers but I think it comes out to more than your actual weight somehow. Those 2 or 3 day set backs are a real pain when you are in them! I remember thinking, oh my god this is like the first week again! But then when you come out of it you are where you left off before the set back, thankfully!
Anyway congrats again!
 
Randi, congratulations on your up and coming wedding! :friends: You and your partner have shared many years together and may you both share many, many more in wedded bliss together as well, everyone deserves happiness without judgement! I'm so happy for both of you! :yahoo:

I love your little Rosey! I won't tell that she was in the garden either! :heehee:
 
:happydance: I am so delighted for you Randi - both for the coming nuptuals and that you have passed through last week's miserable set-back. :cheers2: I too felt like I had hit a few walls last week myself, but as others have noted, these too will pass - and we will be stronger for them. I have a tendency to overdo.

On the stairs, I have started articulating (up and down "normally"), but still use the cane and rail for stability. They sent me home "stair ready" on crutches, since our home is two stories. It felt like forever to go step by step, leading up with the "good" and down with the new. The first steps were cautious, but my knee gradually let me know when it was willing to accept more of them, gradually.

May the good days continue and grow more frequent!! Try and take it a little easy this weekend, though with a wedding, that will be a challenge! :yahoo:
 
Our courthouse has a uphill sidewalk (of course it was the down that got me) plus several sets of stairs and a little sign that says "ADA accessible "if you need accommodation, call this number..." I bravely soldiered on so that we could get our marriage license! Wedding is Sunday.
[Bonesmart.org] Am I really going to do this?  Randi's new recovery thread
 
Woo Hooo! Saw on the news, all the People getting their licences at the King County Court house and thought of you.... so here I am getting your good news! :yahoo: Licence obtained.... no more obsticals:thumb:
 
Thanks for sharing your wonderful photo! Those are two of the brightest smile I've seen in a long time! I hope you have a bright and sunny day on Sunday! :SUNsmile:
 
Randi what a beautiful photo. You and Lyndsey look so happy with those beaming smiles.Now i dont know what the time difference is but as i type this its 1.07am Sunday morning so you will be getting married later on today. So may I pass on my congratulations once again, sorry youve had to wait so long but ENJOY your day as I am sure you will and sending you Good Luck wishes and laughter and happiness for the oncoming years. Hugs to you both from across the miles:console2:
 
Randi, I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you on your special day. I hope all goes lovely for you. We may never have met and barely know each other but I am with you today holding your knee for you! :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
Back
Top Bottom