Guest viewing is limited

TKR Am I really going to do this? Randi's new recovery thread

I was taking a 5mg Oxycodone at night an my doc told me to stop. He was right, I was just using it as a sleeping pill. The PT says it takes about six months to get the quad strength back.
 
Now that you are doing so well, how about recording a bit of the Marimba band and putting it on this thread for us:) !
 
I will when I get over this cold. Boo hiss. :cry:
 
Aww hugs Randi! I had the stupid cold a few weeks back. Luckily it only took me a week to get over it. Hope you get feeling better soon. And hope you don't share it with your wife, Gumby!! Hugs to you both!
 
Awe Randi, I'm so sorry to hear you have a cold!:console2: We never have a cold, but this year "BAM", we got a doozy, been going on for a couple of weeks now! I am so hoping yours doesn't last that long!

Being in a Marimba band sounds like a lot of fun, but I can see where standing for a long period of time would get bothersome!

I'm glad to hear that Lindsey is doing well! She sounds like she can be a handful, by not slowing down though! I'm glad to hear she has her own thread, I'll have to go check it out!

Stay well my BoneSmartie friend! Hopefully you can kick that cold to the curb really soon!
 
The cold/flu goes on FOREVER! cough cough! Randi I know you are doing everything you can to keep Lindsay from catching the cold. So tough for you because I know you want to do so much for her! You two are still in your honeymoon and here you are dealing with all of this. But you are both on your way now to being WHOLE again.
While she's icing you two should plan a lovely walking trip (well fly there first) and visit our friends in England July 2014! Doesn't that sound wonderful everyone? We could all go!!! I've just invited myself and all of us to go on your honeymoon. Rent a giant van and go from city to city visiting all our new friends! Okay that was a little diversion.
So what method is Lindsay using to ice? And is she staying in bed or does she like the window seat! Have you taken a photo of the window seat in action? I'd sure like to see it! Is she able to read yet or too sleepy still. And how is the nausea? I was given a miracle drug for nausea called Zofran. It was amazing and worked instantly.
Well just thinking about you both and hoping your Sunday is going okay all things considered! Hugs!
 
Hi Randi, I read on Lindsay's thread that your cold got worse with fever, cough, headache etc.... I so hope you feel better soon and your symptoms go away quickly! It's the pits feeling yucky!:console2:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Am I really going to do this?  Randi's new recovery thread
please get well soon!
 
Hey ARE YOU ALL COMING TO THE UK SO WE CAN ALL GET JIGGY WITH IT YAAAAAAAAAY. That would be so good to see you all. Sorry to hear about your awful cold Randi. My daughter is only just getting over hers which has gone on for months not weeks. Crazy. Hope everyone is OK Weather here is awful at the moment. Very very cold and windy. No walking outside for me at the moment in case I get blown over and couldnt get up again. Did some exercises on the bike after discovering the seat was at its lowest setting which is why I wasnt doing very well. Reset it to a higher one and wheeeeeeeeee I was away. Thing is I overdid it and now have a very swollen angry knee again. So icing and elevating as we speak. Again. Never mind we live and learn. Take care everyone x:)
 
I'd go to the UK, why not? That would be so fun. Lindsay is running rings around me. She just spent a hour and a half standing and cutting the dog's hair! She thinks her recovery is unusually good. I think she's overdoing it but I can't stop her. Here's a picture of her on the window seat in her hour's worth of down time.
[Bonesmart.org] Am I really going to do this?  Randi's new recovery thread
 
I love the window seat! It looks so comfy.... :thumb: Glad all has gone well for Lindsey..... Sorry you have that nasty cold thing....:console2: My mantra in the winter when I come in contact with a carrier is " I refuse to get sick.... I refuse to get sick...." :wink: Try " I will get better now! ... I will get better now!":yahoo: Take good care of each other... Remind Lindsey that the good drugs are not forever and to be careful not to aggravate things too much.
 
She's not elevating there is she? But she does elevate a lot and uses the CPM for a prop to elevate. Surprisingly Lindsay had almost no swelling the last time and very little right now. Dr. Says good genes but I think his skill is a factor as I didn't have much swelling either and am pretty much back to normal now. In fact she has a pillow under her knee, big no no!
 
Randi, I hope you feel better soon! Though it seems like Lindsay doesn't need a nurse anyway! Amazing!

You both make me jealous!
 
I slept 6-7 hours today and am feeling better, not cured or anything. Lindsay came up with a plan to only get up 15 minutes at a time and then down for at least an hour. This is good since it keeps her from overdoing. Honestly, she's been in better shape than I am.
 
Randi, Lindsay is coming along great, now we need you to feel better soon! :console2:
Speedy recovery to both of you! :friends:
 
I know! I am a total dud as a caretaker. Today Lindsay washed and changed all the sheets. Is that pathetic or what? The post op patient doing the heavy work. She's doing great. I'm definitely better. I think it was the flu since it came on fast and seems to be going away pretty fast too. I hope that's not just wishful thinking on my part. Our team work plan is working well. Tomorrow we get a new heating system, a ductless heat pump, perfect for our climate and it uses very little power.
 
Back
Top Bottom