Guest viewing is limited

TKR Am I really going to do this? Randi's new recovery thread

Randi, it is becoming quite evident that Lindsay is just a showoff!! lmao :rotfl: Standing and chopping and washing sheets! I still can't stand very long at a time - on either leg! I do hope it was "just" the flu and you are recovering. :mcoffee:

Brownie - on the quad pain - I did have the MIS, as you know, but have had a lot of soreness with the quads, but clarly not the pain one would have with cutting. I suspect it from a combo of both when they move the kneecap to the side (kneecap is connected to the quad muscles....) and just being strengthened through the recovery process. Would still choose that over a non-MIS procedure - in a heartbeat.
 
Randi, I'm so glad you're starting to feel better, and I'm sure Lindsay doesn't think you're a dud as a caretaker! A couple of days, does not a dud make, besides she'll take it out of your hide when you get fully better! :heehee:
 
Lynn! Lindsay is a show off! She's someone that is always on the move so we know this recovery to be quite the challenge. I am going to check her meds to make sure she's not operating under too many good drugs. She says she is going to start resting more. :umm:
I think I had flu and it is pretty much over although I am very weak and tired. I think I will just rest and sleep today.
Jacky! Thank you for your many posts and wishes for my recovery. I think all the good energy worked.
 
Lindsay's TKR yoga!
[Bonesmart.org] Am I really going to do this?  Randi's new recovery thread
 
Yes! I am doing better. The flu is gone but it's kind of like getting hit in the head with a hammer, the injury has stopped but the lumps remain! I was able to beat Lindsay to the housekeeping today but I think she was just holding back for my benefit. Ramping up slowly...oh where has my vim and vigor gone?
Marianne, I remember an episode when I was working with teens a boy snorted laundry soap! I guess he was looking for a cheap high. Know what? It hurt!
 
I'm glad you're doing better Randi! I'm afraid we lose a piece of our vim and vigor each time something happens to us, an operation, a cold etc. :scratch: It's not fair I tell ya, it's just not fair! I kinda discovered that when I turn 50 and was sentenced with arthritis for life! :sigh:
 
Randi I am finally feeling a little bit of energy after a month of the cough/flu/cold/sinus. Started FActive ab last night and today felt half way normal finally. So don't beat yourself up over not having any energy. Even the kids coming into my office are dragging. I think you are going to be tired for a while...so don't go nuts trying to keep up with Lindsay! She really is a big show off like Lynn said!
Lynn I was reading that with the MIS they dont evert the knee cap. WEll made appt with Dr. Klapper, Mar 5th. Going to see what he has to say!
 
Not only that, they have tread on the top AND the bottom! :happydance:
 
Wowee! I haven't posted on my own thread for quite a while. It's been 3 1/2 months since TKR and I'm doing well. Not out jogging but I've started to do a little spring gardening. I'm riding my exercise bike and that keeps my knee nice and sore, but not too sore. I definitely want to get my quad strength back. Lindsay is doing pretty well considering she's not even three weeks yet. She's letting me take care of her and that feels good. No problems to report! Boring but good. :SUNsmile:
 
Boring is good sometimes Randi. No big problems but healing nice and slowly which weve always been told is the best way. Glad Lindsay is good too. :flwrysmile:
 
Randi,
So lovely to meet you and read some of your recovery. It sounds like you are doing a great job managing at home.
I have mine done on the 15th so not long to go now.

I wish everyone in recovery the very best and hope you will all be feeling much better soon. I just wanted to say hello. :flwrysmile:
 
Well I was able to do something today that I haven't done since I was a girl! I was at the theatre and during intermission I had to make my way down a set of narrow stairs. Someone was waiting at the foot of the stairs and I just spontaneously RAN DOWN THE STAIRS!!! Woohoo! I was flying and didn't even think about my knee or use the handrail. THAT was a high. I have to say, my knee is functioning better than it has in over 33 years since my ski accident. It still gets stiff and sore but I am just so happy that it's working so well. Hard to believe after all these years of gingerly picking my footsteps, watching my feet and trying not to pivot. And then falling down anyway. I'm a happy camper. :egypdance: :dancy: :spin: :yay: :happydance:
And how about that Downton? Even with all the unhappiness things turn out okay in the end and there's always time for a cup of tea.
 
Well a cup of tea is the answer to everything for us English. Good news about the stairs Randi. Brilliant:thumb:
 
Whoa Randi, running down the stair?, without using the handrail?, you rock!!!!!:thumb: :yahoo: You must have felt like a kid again!:yay: Congratulations on a wonderful milestone!

How are you feeling? Is your cold all better?
 
Back
Top Bottom