Guest viewing is limited

TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Karringtyn:yay:, Hope you are feeling better. Those stairs scare the **** out of me . I probably would of fell. (Your picture). Im doing good, weather here has been great, maybe in 2 weeks i can soak up some of the rays. Watch it start raining !!!. I hope this week things start to turn around for you. We all are pulling for you like a little sister. So do you watch much TV ? If so what do you watch . I dont do FB. Its funny because ive been on bonesmart for months now and my GF has been a facebook junkie for years. So for awhile we would be lying in bed for hours, speechless as we are nose deep in our tablets ,typing away .. im a sports junkie so theres alway something for me to watch. Alright kid ! Talk to you later
 
Hi Karringtyn, is the elevation getting any easier? I elevate almost constantly but now my hips are starting to form a rebellion! They just want a good old stretch but the knee says no way! Since we are only 2 days apart I feel like we were "born" at the same time. Let me know where you are at with PT. Maid of honor is your something to look forward too....my son gets married in 6 months and my goal is to be dancing at his wedding!
 
@Nana Mo yes our rebirth is almost the same day! Elevating not going so well! It keeps sliding off....it's just uncomfortable.....
I go tomorrow to docs to get the staples out and then the PT starts....I do my exercises all the time...how are you doing with pt?
 
@Icep70 aww little sister!!! My hubs doesn't do FB either....you guys are missing so much!!!! He has a profile...and that is it. As far as tv goes...I LOVE reality tv....like tonight is the Bachelor....aww swoon!
 
Hahaha Karringtyn, I never loved reality television so much as since I've had surgery. My concentration level is still questionable and was complete poo after surgery, so it's the only sort of tv i could 'follow'. :)

Good luck tomorrow on the staple removal. I didn't have staples but I hear it's not too bad to get them out, just kind of a slight pinch and I bet your knee feels a TON better once they're gone!

Good luck with PT as well! Remember not to let them push you too much! I know with your personality, you'll want to please them and show them how great you're doing, but don't do more than you are able without pain, my friend. Slow and stead will win this race (darn it) ;-)

I hope you've had a great day!!

Oh, and FB is the root of all evil :whistle: (in my humble opinion) ;-)
 
Hey Karrintyn, I get my staples out tomorrow also! We can share psychic thoughts! Not too painful. I have placed millions and removed a boatload, but, I've never had any myself. I think compared to all the other pain from this surgery, the staple removal will not be a major issue. Enjoy ur reality TV. My daughter loves the bachelor. I have watched lots of sports...it was a great time fir the Olympics. Get some sleep tonight girl!
 
@braindoc my appt is at 9 EST....I am nervous! WHY? I LOVE how you said you placed millions and removed a boatload...I wonder what kind of patient you are lol!

@DogLoverx3 so you have my personality all figured out huh??? LOL you are SOOO right and I needed that reminder!!!!!!!:whistle:
 
:martini:I will say that pain wise I am doing really good today. About a 3. That's AMAZING!!! That's with me doing laundry, cleaning bathroom and some sweeping. Of course that tuckered me out to a long afternoon slumber. Tomorrow is my first time outside since hospital...looking forward to the balmy 20 degrees that is predicted. I think my mailman thinks something happened to me....I mean I have had so many gifts delivered over the past week...today it was more cards and a handmade scarf from my niece. Oh what a nice surprise. My best friend brought over a pretty plaque and some yogurt. Seems like that's all everyone brings me (all I really eat these days)....but one of them was MANGO...and usually I hate mango...it was AMAZING. Maybe the new knee changed my taste buds. If you see me eating kiwi then we will know for sure. ( I HATE CHEESE AND KIWI)...

Hubby called from work a bit ago and said he was stopping at subway on the way home and asked if I wanted a sub......so I am looking online which one I want....Hungry but not really. But I have only ate a couple bites today...so a sub would be good. My appetite is gone. I know I need to lose a lot (about 100) but not eating isn't the way....I need to eat so I can get energy and get this new working and me dancing...
 
oh and another thing!! I found an AMAZING way to lay. I roll on my left side with my body pillow and keep going over till I am almost on my stomach...it feels so good on my knee.....like there is no pressure....I really think that's what helped with knee pain today.
 
I actually had my staples removed on day 3 post op. There was only one that even pinched a little bit and that was tolerable. I had my first PT session on the Monday after surgery (day 4) and go three times a week. It has been going well. I admit I was afraid of PT because so many people said how awful therapist could be but mine is wonderful! Cleaning the bathroom and sweeping is really too much activity so soon....take time to heal so you don't end up with a set back!
 
Your staples were removed on day 3? Wow. Mine were no where ready...I have just seen them at the point a couple of days ago... @Nana Mo and trust me....I know my limits!! :) I am not doing any DEEP cleaning...
 
Hiya sweets! Just checking in to see how the staple removal went today! So glad your pain was better controlled yesterday and you were able to find a comfortable way to rest on your left side. I still can't do that! Can't believe you were up and about cleaning, but then again, I guess you can only control so much at once. :whistle:

How was PT? Yes, my dear, I DO know your personality 'cause it's kinda like mine! Don't show weakness or pain and try to make everyone happy. Only problem with that in this recovery is that although we may make everyone else happy and proud of us, our knee will be very unhappy and punish us! I hope you get a terrific PT who 'gets it'.

xoxoxxo
 
WOOT! Staple removal was excellent. Got pain meds changed. Was told I was amazing making amazing gains! HOME PT was suppose to be here last week just as I thought....discharge replacement nurse dropped the ball on that. They will be here next Monday for first round. But Doc today said that I am way ahead. I did stairs...I walked all over God's creation......and was walking great (of course with my all terrain vehicle...my walker),,,in the snow....It was good to get out.

Doc told me though........as amazing as I am....lol I need to slow down. And I most likely will be released for work at 12 weeks boo hiss!

Hope all is well. Nap time.:sleep:
 
:dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy:WOOT WOOT!!! :dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy:
Awesome news Karringtyn! Sounds like you had a BIG day, so please pamper yourself and stay in bed for the rest of the day to ice and elevate! So glad the Doc was encouraging and way to go on being ahead of the game all on your own (you may actually want to thank the dippy discharge nurse for dropping the ball). Nighty night! :sleep:
 
Wow!! @Karringtyn, you are my idol!! Bring told to slow down is a good sign (I have to tell some patients that) I am in car with wife driving me to staple removal. I am going to stop at my own office to do some paperwork. Hoping to surprise everyone there. Sleep is still my enemy as it relates to being on my sides. I am tired of being on my back. Uggghhh. I will try ur body pillow trick. Great report on your progress
Braindoc
 
Good Luck @braindoc . You will see....easy peasy....What we have been through....this is a walk in the park! I look forward to hearing how your day goes.....YES! BODY PILLOWS. NOTICE THE S! I have three I use.

@DogLoverx3 Seriously....at first I was like dippy nurse...good job....but in reality....it just proved my own strength!!

Waiting for hubs to leave for work then a couple hour nap.....I thought I was going to fall asleep when I wrote this, but no I got a burst of energy.
 
Great news @Karringtyn! Glad today went well for you. Kind of wish I had the option of at home therapy. I really like my therapist but by the time I get into the car in this crumby cold weather, drive the 15 min to the office and then struggle out of the car I already fee like I did my therapy. Then the drive home again when all I want to do is get some ice and a nice pillow! Oh well...it does break up the day...gotta look on the bright side of things!:dancy:
 
I was never even offered the option of in home therapy, nor did I know to ask. My OS knows I live alone so I find it strange that they had me going to outpatient PT starting the day after I got home from the hospital..... live and learn, I guess :-) @Nana Mo , aside from PT and trips to the store, those were my only outings away from the house for 6 weeks!
 
@DogLoverx3 I had heard of another friend getting in home so I spoke right up........They aren't coming till next Monday....I do my exercises all the time at home......I've got this.

Pain today? 3. Yeah quite the improvement!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom