Guest viewing is limited

THR Ally on the Flip Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very favourite gig, Allycat, was the Byron Bay Blues Festival ....Crowded House!
Just love that event. We've been a few times, just love it!
 
And...back in the 80s I guess. Roy Orbison. It was in the Silver Spade Room of the Chevron Hotel when you booked for dinner and a show. We had a front table,
Of course the Rolling Stones at the Cricket Ground was a little bit different!
Another favourite as a pub gig is Bjorn Again...the Abba covers group.
Eagles also great. Also a few great Aussie acts like Brian Cadd, Russell Morris, Doug Parkinson.
And! I lived in the flat above the Easy Beats in the 70's...
Enough nostalgia for one night!
 
Wow wow wow Maeve. Bumping shoulders with the famous! I was once in the same restaurant as Daryl Braithwaite. And have met Peter Allen.
I have a vague recollection of seeing the Eagles too. I know I had their albums.
 
tankeryanker Okay, so now here I go, too. I didn't want to admit it, but I went to Woodstock when I was 17 on a Sun. and left Mon. morning when Jimi Hendrix was playing Star Spangled Banner. I was perfectly sober, but it was so long ago, I think Country Joe and the Fish played overnight that Sunday. Can't remember who else, but I do remember all of the people, free food, lights strung up on the trees, and the mud, mud, mud everywhere.
I live in Conn., so I've been to the Newport Jazz Festival once or twice. I was so young, though, I didn't really know or appreciate the music. It was more for the people and the experience.

My life has been pretty boring and sedate since then! Sounds like you all are having more fun than I am now!:yay:

Poppet I really like Johnny Mathis songs. He's so romantic.
Maeve Rolling Stones? That's pretty big. I've only seem them on the television.

I guess we all have some history to us, don't we? :)
 
So. Do people like Cab Calloway, Randy Newman, Ethel Merman, PDQ Bach, Victor Borge, Pearl Bailey, Yo Yo Ma, Cleo Laine, The Smothers Brothers, Arthur Fiedler, The Chieftains, Cherish the Ladies, and 26 years' worth of others, do they count if I have PLAYED with them? Does it count if my boyfriend went to Woodstock? And didn't tell me????????:rotfl:
Moreover. (!)~~~~~~~~~
This photo:
[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side
(image copyright somebody I am very very very sure), was taken in the venue where I played with all those greats! Yall know who that is up there, right? :wink:
 
Well. That little thread has certainly unearthed a star amongst us! It certainly does count zauberflöte!
How exciting. Tell us more!
 
zauberflöte OMG! it's you, isn't it? Not Elvis your kissing??! No, you're too young for it to be him. But I do think that's YOU.
 
Hi Girlies (especially Aussie Girlies) I am fresh home from an awesome night watching a live band. So here is the latest pic. It's me with Mitchell Anderson from The Voice (Australia). He is an awesome guy! Had the best night! I even got a kiss on the cheek (blush).


[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side
 
Allycat go you!!! Do you have a whole wall full of this kind of pic? You look like you had an absolutely wonderful time-- I certainly expect to see more of this from you as you continue recovering!!
Maeve Poppet ByGosh Allycat -- Bygosh is the closest-- of course it's Elvis, but I was nowhere near the building when that was taken. I came along many years later.
There's not really much to tell. When you play in a large orchestra for decades, you play with a lot of classical soloists, and just about as many pops artists. Some of them are very memorable!
@aussiegirlz-- Do you remember the Living End? They were my whole family's favorite band for a couple of years. There are some cuts that still leave my mind boggled. Are they still around? Who has heard them live?
 
Allycat !!!! You look simply radiant, and not your age at all! We have to get tankeryanker over here to take a look. He'd love to see this photo of you. I'm so glad you went out and had some fun and even got a kiss. :yay: You're really something. I don't know the fellow you're with, but if the Aussie show of The Voice is like the show here in the US, he must be pretty famous. Keep up the good living! Thanks for sharing.
zauberflöte So that IS Elvis?? I was right, but I thought I couldn't be because I figured you'd post a picture of yourself and you're too young to be that old in the pic. That's a great photo. I love the white shoes!
 
Allycat I wasn't able to load your link, but I went onto Youtube and saw Mitchell Anderson singing Walking in Memphis. His voice is quite nice! I saw Seal, too. Is he one of the judges? I find him quite interesting.
 
Ah yes. Walking in Memphis, that one was great too. Wait a few days and try you tube again. They'll probably load it today. He is singing the Joe Cocker classic - The Letter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom