THR Ally on the Flip Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allycat Love the pictures, all of them! Very cute story about the sloppy joes. :heehee: And yummy picture of the one to eat! I think your sloppy joes are our sweatshirts here in the US, no?
Congratulations on your good MD visit. You've made terrific progress. And the knitted items are adorble. The little pink and white one - is that for a baby? Or do you make them for teddy bears? Very sweet.
 
is that for a baby? Or do you make them for teddy bears

They are both for a baby. The cocoon is like a shawl, only you pop the baby in. I had never seen anything like it here. The pattern was made up by a lady in scotland. I love it. I made all those items for my daughter, who is due to have her baby 12th May. I have made a few more things too.

[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side

I am enjoying getting back into knitting after so many years being too busy. Although some days it is still too HOT!! Today we are expecting 27* (80*), lovely Autumn weather!
 
Allycat
Those are beautiful! I haven't knitted in years! The green dishcloth in my avatar is one of my knitted items. Unfortunately, hubby was 'helping' with the dishes one night and washed some knives with it. Yep, sliced it all up! :sorry:
 
Teacat, I've never heard of a knitted dishcloth, how cute and looks quick and easy to make. I also hadn't knitted for years, probably at least 20 years. In my normal life, I don't have time. I work full time and I am also studying at on-line university full time. Both are on hold at the moment, but I'm back to work 22nd May, and back to study 29th May. I'm jamming in as much knitting as I can right now.
 
After seeing the photo of the little sweater, booties hat, I wish I knew how to knit! Adorable for your future grandbaby that I'm sure will be Angel :angel:
 
special lady[/USER], yes knitting is a dying art. I have been knitting since high school, my mother taught me. My grandmother taught me to crochet but unfortunately I can't do all the crochet patterns. I tried to teach my daughter, but she is all thumbs and can't get the hang of it. So there must be a knack to it as well.
 
Ally, all the photos of what you posted are really nice. My grandmother taught me how to crochet but I've always thought knitted baby things are nicer, and I think your right some are really talented, and some just aren't.
 
Your knitting is beautiful Ally, love the actual pattern in the knitting... Trying to knit a scarf, but OA has taken over my fingers now.. Keep going and you won't get that problem.. 27 C that would be nice.. Winter is coming... Ugh!
 
Allycat Love that pink and white sweater set with the tiny booties! Your grandaughter will look like a little doll in it. :)
 
Allycat,
Where you at Allycat? I haven't seen you post in awhile. I hope I didn't scare you away with talk of my lonely brother & you coresponding. Only if you are interested I would give you his e-mail add. in a private message & that way you can decide if you want a long distant pen pal. It's all in fun dear girl no pressure.:ok:
 
Hope you get your internet straightened out. I wouldn't even have a computer if I didn't have my own tech suport. My wife was a network admin & now a cyber cop. She fixes all my goofs. I've crashed my computer twice over the years. She probably is sorry she ever bought me one. I have spent thousands of $$$ on the net. Bought & sold my last Harley Davidson, my Dodge diesel dually pickup, & my camper all bought with the help of the net.:happydance:

Well lunch is over so I'm going out & doing a little light yard work today. In my best Aussie accent Have a good daay.
 
Allycat G'day mate! How are you doing? Too bad about the inet issue. You must be trying to type on a smart phone. I don't even have one, because the keyboard looks too tiny. I hope you get it figured out soon!
 
Allycat I love love LOVE the tiny knitted clothes! I would never use yarn that fine-- I amnot a patient knitter, and don't do it any more anyway. Your grandbaby is going to be so adorable!!!!!

. Keep going and you won't get that problem..
Poppet if only that were true for everyone!-- I've played my flute professionally for decades, and it didn't stop the "arthur" from creeping into a joint here, a joint there....:rolleyes:
 
As my return to work date gets closer, I have to confess I'm a bit worried. I still get quite puffed after small amounts of activity. Almost like I am extremely unfit. I can't even walk very far before I'm puffed out and need to sit down. I read on here where people are walking 2 or 3 miles - I can't do that! Should I be pushing myself more?
My first week will be a 3 day week, with an option of leaving early if really required. I'm lucky because our school is a half day program (the kids leave at 12.30) and we spend the afternoons preparing for the next day as well as programming, meetings etc so the afternoons are quite light anyway.
Also, I'm getting a bit frustrated with my meds. I'm 9 weeks and still take 5mg Targin, 50mg Tramadol, Celebrex and 2 paracetamol in the morning. In the evening I'm supposed to take the same except for the Targin. I tried to leave off the Tramadol at night and it leaves me restless and not able to sleep well. Is this a withdrawal side effect? I'm not in pain, just can't seem to get comfortable. I woke up at 3am and tossed and turned for an hour before taking an endone just to get some sleep. It worked, I woke up at 9-30, but now I'm a bit fuzzy. Arghh what's the answer?
 
I'm sorry allycat that your still having to take the perscription drugs at 2 months to cope. I guess everyone is different for I'm down to tylenol & ibuprofan coctails before bed. I find the more I try to move during the day the better I sleep at night. Not to say I'm getting uninterupted 8 hrs but more like 3 hour cat naps. Maybe when you get back to work & your mind is taking care of those little curtin climbing rug rats you will forget all about your pain.
Take care girl & let us know how things go when you return to work.
 
So.. I had a better sleep last night. I will continue to take the Tramadols at night, and take the Targin in the morning. I only have about a week to go then I'll be off the Targin. If sleeplessness is a withdrawal side effect of Tramadol, then I guess I'll just have to push through.
 
Oh boy, so I have been googling tramadol withdrawal and found this amongst a lot of stuff on-line:-

Anxiety, mood swings, irritability
Brain zaps (shock-like sensations), tingling
Sweating, chills, goose bumps, shivering
Tremors
Headaches
Insomnia, sleeping difficulties, nightmares
Flu-like symptoms
Nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite
Depression
Hallucinations, unusual thoughts
Aggresiveness


I can associate with a few of these.
I have been having a lot of head aches when I don't usually have any. The sweating/ chills one. A BIG YES! All night I throw off the covers because I am unbelievably hot, then within minutes, I'm freezing. This goes on all night. During the day, I do seem to overheat, just doesn't seem as severe. As previously mentioned, I keep waking through the night. No pain, I just can't get comfortable. This is because my legs and body are TWITCHING and I have to keep moving around in bed. And yes, I have been having really weird dreams. I wouldn't call them nightmares, but highly unusual. Loss of appetite I can't really tell because I have a slow metabolism anyway and don't usually feel hungry. Depression is another hard one because that could be from having the surgery anyway.

So, am I addicted? Is this all from the tramadol?
1. Prior to surgery I was taking 200mg SR twice a day. (For 18months)
2. My pain doctor managed to lower it to 100mg SR twice a day plus I was on a pain patch.
3. Coming out of hospital the pain patch was gone, still 100mg SR twice a day.
4. Lowered to 50mg SR morning, 100mg SR night.
5. Lowered to 50mg SR twice a day.
6. Where I am now... trying to lower to 50mg SR once a day. I have tried taking the dose in the morning and have problems at night - see above posts - had to take an endone to sleep. Took the dose last night and sleep was better. So I will try this pattern for a week.
When I stop that last tablet, I will have all the above symptoms I mentioned. How long will they last? Do I just grin and bear it? Is there another step I can do, for example cut the tablet in half?

I am not in much pain at all. The incision is a bit achey sometimes. My muscles a bit sore. I truly feel paracetamol and celebrex would do the trick. I have about a weeks worth of targin 5mg left and won't need more. So it's just getting off the last of the tramadol...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom