THR Ally on the Flip Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had tramadol for my nerve pain as well as my hip pain pre op 50mg. I never suffered what you have Allycat
But then again as Josephine says we are all different in how things affect us. Thats why these pharmaceutical co. post all the warnings to cover their behind. I used to take it when I felt I needed it then maybe not take it for a few days. But then I've always been a little :spin: all my life.
 
Allycat You poor thing! You're going round and round with your meds, it seems. Those symptoms listed on the internet for Tramadol are for acute withdrawal. It sounds like you've been on much higher doses than you're on now. How was it when they cut that back before? Did you experience any of those symptoms then?
There is a link to weaning off of meds in this forum. I'm sure you can find it, and/or have one of the moderators advise you. Please don't mind if I tag Josephine for you, as she has years of experience with this.
I take Tramadol, too, still, and I intend to slowly decrease it. I plan to cut it down by about 12.5mg to 25mg every 3 to 7 days. No quicker. Think about going off of it little by little.
If you're still having pain, don't feel bad about the meds. And Celebrex is an anti inflammatory, so it may still be necessary for you now. The most important thing is that you're comfortable and that you can sleep well, and function adequately without pain.
I know when I have my life back and my pain is much less, the pain meds will take care of themselves. When I don't need them, I won't take them. And if my body feels anxious about that, I'll just go very, very slowly stopping them.
You'll be fine! Read the link to weaning off of pain meds, that should help. I'll look for it for you. Take care, honey. You're doing great. Don't get worried now after you've come so far. This is nothing compared to what you've already been through. After all, you're an Aussie girl! :)
 
I have to confess I'm a bit worried. I still get quite puffed after small amounts of activity. Almost like I am extremely unfit. I can't even walk very far before I'm puffed out and need to sit down. I read on here where people are walking 2 or 3 miles - I can't do that! Should I be pushing myself more?
Never mind what other people are doing! You are not have their recovery! This is all part of your Energy drain and means you are still healing.
I'm getting a bit frustrated with my meds. I'm 9 weeks and still take 5mg Targin, 50mg Tramadol, Celebrex and 2 paracetamol in the morning. In the evening I'm supposed to take the same except for the Targin. I tried to leave off the Tramadol at night and it leaves me restless and not able to sleep well. Is this a withdrawal side effect?
That's about right for 9 weeks. It's perfectly usual for people to still be taking prescription pain meds even for as long as 12 weeks or even longer.
I'm not in pain, just can't seem to get comfortable. I woke up at 3am and tossed and turned for an hour before taking an endone just to get some sleep.
So this means you are taking Tramadol and Targin (oxycodone/naloxone) and Endone (oxycodone) which is quite a mix.
I have been googling tramadol withdrawal. So, am I addicted? Is this all from the tramadol?
You're taking three different prescription meds which is more than likely the issue. Tramadol is not the only med that causes all these symptoms. I suggest you have a chat with your GP about all this and get a proper medical opinion from someone who is familiar with your history.
 
Sorry Josephine, I think I might have confused the issue. I take the Targin in the morning and the Tramadol just at night now. Not taking endone anymore (except for once in the last 5 weeks). I only have about 5 more Targin tabs then I will only be on Tramadol.
I have read the weaning off meds info, and this looks sort of like what I have been doing. I guess I'm almost up to just taking 1 tablet at bedtime. I'll do that for a week or so then try to cut that one out.

I will take your advice and see my GP if I have problems stopping the Tramadol.
Thank you.
 
Dear Allycat I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put my nose where it didn't belong. But you sounded so worried, I wanted you to get some expert advice. I hope it was helpful and you're feeling a little better about it all now. Just trying to help...
 
No worries ByGosh, I happily accept all advice.
I know everyone is different, and that I am still healing. It's just, well weird, because the pain is all but gone. And because the pain is gone I want to be off the narcotics. I have to accept that it still needs to be a gradual thing even though I don't require them anymore.
So it's realising that pain was just one part of it. I still have the tiredness and the stopping of narcotics to deal with for some weeks yet.
Thanks for caring.
 
Allycat I'm glad the pain is gone. And I don't blame you for wanting to get off the meds. Just like everything else, the tiredness and stopping the meds will come in time.
I'm getting very impatient with it all right about now, too. Enough, already! I just want to be better and do things and have this done with. So I understand how you feel.
 
Allycat
Just wanted to pop over and say congrats on your recent outings (you had mentioned them on clifford's thread). It feels great to get back out and enjoy life pain free doesn't it? I was telling my husband the other night that my body feels so relaxed now that I'm not tensed up with pain gritting my teeth. It's great to get our lives back!
 
Yes Teacat, I didn't realise just how much I missed just going out at night. Going out again Sunday night to see the same band. Taking my children with me and really looking forward to it. I did go and see Elton John when he toured here. I went as a disabled person, and the venue staff were really awesome but it's just not the same when you're sitting there in pain.
 
Allycat good to get out on the town & have some fun it's good for the soul. Elton John now that brings back some memories. I saw him in the early 70's when I was stationed in Hawaii.
 
tankeryanker Last time I saw him, it was with Billy Joel. Now THAT was a concert. Would have been probably in the 80's I think.
 
ByGosh, I love going to concerts. Have seen... KISS, Lou Rawls, Kylie Minogue, The Backstreet Boys (Don't laugh, that was an awesome concert), Elton twice (what an amazing performer), John Farnham numerous times (he's my favourite) and heaps of lesser known artists. Would love to see Pink and hope to one day. I also love to just go see local bands in pubs. That's what I'm doing right now.
Also love theatre and musicals. Wicked! Awesome!
I just need to find a boyfriend to come with me!
 
Atta girl Allycat! You rock. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't even listened to most of their music, much less seen them. Good for you! And that boyfriend? well, I have a feeling he's waiting for you at the next concert you'll be going to! You sound like too much fun for anyone to pass up. :egypdance:
 
Well I'm a little older than you Allycat
Lets see Watkins Glen
Grateful dead was the headliner
Newport pop festival
Jimi Hendricks
Iron buterfly
Janis Joplin & a slew of others that my brain fog just can't remember
Concerts
Three dog Night
Chambor brothers
Doors
Jackson Brow
Cream
I know there was more but that was a foggy time in my life.:shocked:
 
I'd really love to go to a Pink concert too! Wonder when she's going to come down under!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom