THR Ally on the Flip Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you studying ?

I'm studying teaching. I'm past halfway but had to stop because I was too drugged up to study (read and write essays) plus I need to go on a couple of 3 week long pracs and that would have been impossible with my bad hip.
 
Is there a thread there for art work

That's a great idea!

Maybe you should knit your rock star crush from the Voice a little something

I may have forgotten to mention that Mr Hottie is MARRIED.... oh and also 10 years younger than me! I have my photo (and the memory of a kiss on the cheek), so now I will just look from afar.....
 
would love to find my Mr. Right too...there have been too many Mr. Wrongs

I hope you have better luck than me! I signed up to an on-line dating site (DON'T DO THAT) cos my son suggested it and he has had some success. Well.... I was inundated with either
1. Married men "not looking to change their situation, just looking for love" (read: love life)
2. Men living interstate or overseas
3. Men over the age of 65 who look older than my Dad.

Oh there were a couple that looked all right, but they crossed me off their list.

So no go there.
 
Well, I've booked in to see Dr Wonderful again. My right hip is definitely making "I'm wearing out" noises. It just seems to me that now I'm off the heavy duty meds - the pain patch, then the targins and now finally tramadols - I'm finally noticing the faint pain in the right hip. My limp is changing sides too. I really don't want to muck around this time. So my appt is July 8th, and I hope to go straight onto "the list". The waiting time is around 12 months usually so that's why I want to get the ball rolling now, before the agonising bone on bone kicks in.

ByGosh - new song by Mr Hottie coming soon - Dear Prudence. Awesome. Let me find a pic for you to tide you over til it's on you tube.

[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side
 
Allycat...can relate to what you are saying. Have my shiny new hip Charlotte, on the path to recovery, now would love to find my Mr. Right too...there have been too many Mr. Wrongs
While we are putting it out there, me too!

Allycat, I agree about dating sites, it can be more depressing than helpful.
 
Ohhhhhh Allycat What a picture of your star, there! Let me know when he's on Youtube with that song, which I love. It'll be interesting to hear his interpertation of it. Look at those sexxxxy legs on him....
Sorry your 'good' hip is turnng into a bad hip now. But you're very, very smart to get the ball rolling and start the booking process with the OS. Too bad he has such a loooong waiting list - 12 months, wow! I can see why he's Dr. Wonderful, he must really be in demand. I wish you could see him even sooner to get on that list right away if it's a year away. Maybe you can be put on it even before the actual office visit? If you ask them on the phone and tell them you KNOW you need it because you just had 1 hip done? Just a thought...They might even be able to ask Dr. Wonderful if he'd do that since he knows you (and probably loves you, too.) :)
 
signed up to an on-line dating site (DON'T DO THAT)

Mamarey, octopus, ByGosh

Have changed my mind! Just as I was thinking of deactivating my account, I get a message from a not too bad looking guy. We have been having long chats (2hrs at a time) for the last 2 days. Not bad, not bad at all.

Pic please? Okay...

[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side
 
he might even be better looking than my rock star boyfriend!!

Allycat Yeahhhhh, I think so! He's very cute, and obviously loves to chat on the phone! Nice eyes, nice hair, nice beard, nice pic. Ohhhh, can't wait to see what haaaappenss.... Be careful, though. Don't know how fast you can run with those hips. Then again, maybe you want to get caught....LOL :heehee:
 
agree, nice pic...my last relationship , was with a person who hated talking on the phone, believed texting was conversation, complete lack of romance and would always talk about work...boring Bob as he is now known by my family and friends
 
Allycat...agree on the dating sites...been there, done that too many times. Same people on, too much dishonesty, game players or just "weird"
And why is it that because I am 54, that only men in their 60's are interested in women in their 50's???
Most men in their 60's that I have seen on these sites, are over weight, out of shape, and look older than old. I have worked very hard to stay in shape and healthy mentally, physically and spiritually. I would rather be alone than be lonely with someone...where do people meet people these days...my work is not an option...friends are all married???
 
Mamarey It is difficult to meet someone, I bet. If it's not at work, where else could it be? Unless you go to school, but then they'd be too young, most likely. But you look so young and attractive, and obviously kept yourself in great shape. I would imagine you could easily date someone younger than you. If you could find him, that is!

I met my husband contra-dancing, which is sort of like square dancing. Years and years ago. Of course, that's a bit hard for you with a recent hip replacement! But it was fun and great exercise and people from all over did it.

Sorry, I can't be of any help to you in the dating department! But how's your hip doing? You're barely two weeks post-op. I remember the first 2 weeks as being pretty tough. How were your first two weeks? I'll have to find your thread and catch up. Take care.
 
Mamarey I totally agree with everything you say. I don't know where to meet people, there's no-one around where I go... clubs, pubs, concerts, work etc. And I am freaking out a little at who is contacting me thru dating sites. The guys my age, who actually look halfway decent are looking for much younger women. So all I'm getting are old, balding, look like my father, men. Or worse, ones that are quite open about the one thing they are looking for (wink wink).
Except of course for my new hottie - but at this stage for all I know the photo is a fake. They do that too don't they?
You look young and attractive, I hope you find someone, and if you do can you see if he has a brother? LOL
 
Nearly forgot.... yesterday was first day back at work, and it was AWESOME! Lots of hugs from my kiddies and a couple kept on saying all day "I'm so glad you're back, Miss". Awwwwww. The school dog, Stella, was all over me. I love her to bits. The Principal almost walked right past me and did a double take and said "WOW". Everyone really happy to see me back and WALKING NORMALLY WITHOUT A STICK. My new pain free face, smiling all day.
I didn't have any pain to speak of. I take Celebrex and panadol osteo now and that's doing the trick. I will keep taking them until hip no.2 is done. I was a bit tired when I came home, so went to bed earlier than usual and actually had a better night's sleep for being tired. But woke up at 5am this morning. It will probably take a little while until I get used to it.

Off now for day no.2.
 
Mamarey, just wondering, have you actually met anyone face to face from dating site? Or just messaged?
 
Allycat So happy for you that work went well, and the kids and Stella were grateful you were back. Good for you. :goodpost:
 
ByGosh...never heard of that kind of dancing, but if it is like line dancing, it sounds like louds of fun...and I LOVE country music! I am healing well. I cannot believe that it is just 15 days. I look forward to going to my post surgical appointment one week from today. I am ready to get on with the cardio, yoga, my normal activities that I have missed for so many months. I started walking on the treadmill this week. I walked a mile on Monday, 1.5 yesterday and 2 today. Tomorrow, I am going to try for 3! Not very fast...20 minute mile, but it is a beginning. Slowly, but surely, I will get it all back. I am so thankful for the wonderful healing and recovery I am having. I am down to one pain pill in the morning and one at night. I hope to drop the morning one soon, but at this point, I am hurting and stiff and achy when I wake up. I took back my borrowed supplies to my Mom today...no more walker, commode, or sock helper...Still have my shower chair, as it helps when I shave my legs...walk around the house without my cane...for outside outings, I always have my cane....crazy when I think that a week ago, I still could not lift my left leg on my own...Friday, was the day I really felt a difference happening...my first time driving, first time getting dressed, first time going out...and to imagine where I will be next week, so exciting!:dancy: :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom