Guest viewing is limited

THR Ally on the Flip Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Allycat I have just caught up with your thread and just want to say how sorry I am that you are in so much pain.A dislocation sounds unlikely but I hope you are now nearer to finding out the source of your pain and a solution.Keep us all posted. Thinking of you .
 
Hi Allycat....Sorry to hear you are in pain...I hope the hospital can give you some resolution. Thinking good thoughts for you.
Annie
 
Allycat, I agree that you should get your hip checked out if for no other reason than to give you peace of mind. You didn't dislocate it. Believe me, you would know if you did and you would have been on the phone to the ambulance immediately. I hope you're taking something for the pain, though....plus rest and ice. You know, although we have these shiny new joints, all the surrounding tissue is still our same ol' stuff and it's prone to injury and pain. Hopefully this is something simple that resolves quickly.
 
Thanks everyone,

Just back from hospital. Had an x-ray which showed the joint was fine, so that makes me very relieved. The Doctor says it's probably muscular, so as you said Jamie, rest, ice and pain meds. I feel a little silly, but I know I would have just worried more and more without the x-ray.
Ally
 
Don't feel silly. We all need that reassurance now and then. This is a difficult process for anyone to go through. I'm glad you had it checked out.
 
That's good news Ally. I'm pleased you got it checked out, don't feel silly at all. I think most of us, if not all, would have done the same. Now you can rest easy. Best wishes. :)
 
Oh dear Allycat. I was very upset to read your bad news this morning and have been thinking about you all day with fingers crossed.
I think the wise words and informative data that Poppet has given is spot on and very comforting!
It is so easy to presume the worst when something goes awry, and very natural to be greatly worried! I sometimes think the "fear of god" sentiments that the orthopaedic people spruik to us in the early stages is not very helpful!
All the very best for a quick solution.
 
You did the absolute correct thing Allycat to have the x-ray - exactly what I would have done.

I suspect you may have even trapped a ligament at the end of the muscle and that will cause tremendous pain.

I am so pleased you are feeling reassured ... Hugs xxxx

Have you checked out my nutritional section of the library, the link is in my signature, I wrote an article about healing phases which indicates the timeframes and processes... Check it out :)
 
:yes!: Phew Allycat,
Our posts must have crossed in the ether! So glad all is well with the joint. Checking it out quickly was the very best way to put your mnd at rest! Sleep well!
 
Great news Allycat You must be so relieved that the problem is muscular. Try and get some rest now you will be exhausted.
 
Glad it's good news for you....back to the resting...good luck... Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Allycat, Yeah for you. I would have done the same thing. You are not silly at all! Now rest and take care.
Annie
 
Allycat, that is so scary after 8 months of no pain. All the steps we go through in this healing process, you didn't need to experience this. It's great to hear that with TLC you should be fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom