THR Ally on the Flip Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoooooraaaaayyyy Allycat !! What a wonderful feel-good day you had. And you only overdid it a tiny bit-- says good things about your recovery! :)
 
What a great afternoon & evening!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side I think you could use a new avatar. You certainly are not bedridden now! Need something reflecting how well you're doing. Just super what a great day you had!!!!
 
Thanks Everyone, I do feel better today. The endone knocked me out and I had a good sleep last night.
Funny story...
Today I went to a shopping mall with my son. I needed to go down an escalator. I hadn't even thought that this might be a problem. There I was standing at the top of the escalator, wondering how the heck do I get on??? And how will I get off at the bottom???? Bit of a queue behind me now,....it was like 1, 2, 3 step on with the good leg, I'M ON!!!! Then as I got closer to the bottom, a bit of a panic. What if I fall while I'm getting off?? Good leg up ready to go..... I'M OFF!!!! Phew. Who would have thought an escalator would cause a problem. By the end of the trip, I'd been up and down a few and was an old hand.

Hi there Ally, I had an incident with an escalator a few months ago.. It wasn't working, but I said to hubby lets walk down it, forgot just how steep those steps are... By the time I got down I had had it... so pleased you are ok :)

And another milestone in your recovery... Back to work.. Fantastic Aussie girl :)

Do you have the ability to take some ice packs with you to have on hand.. They help...
 
I have started having a new pain right up the front of my thigh. I think it feels muscular, but I'm not sure. I have been doing lots of walking the last couple of days so I'm hoping it's my muscle coming back to life.
 
Hi Ally... Yes the muscles are waking up, along with ligaments, soft tissue etc etc..

Maybe ease back on the walking for a couple of days and go back to the mantra, rest, elevate, ice and prescribed pain meds.. You are just over four weeks, early days hon :)
 
Thanks so much for the quick reply.
It's just like everyone says, I feel so good and people say I look so good therefore I feel like I should be all better - but I know I'm not. Time to slow down a little.
I'm resting in bed now, have taken a pain killer so might have a sleep.I am planning on being lazy for the next couple of days.
 
Allycat.. Excellent strategy... I remember when I first went back to work at 7 weeks everyone said 'look at you, you look so well and recovered'.... Seriously... What do they know about a joint replacement!

I have a very stressful professional life, long hours, so come weekends, I go for my Nordic walk and then the chores and rest... Each month that passes I can feel myself getting stronger, but I also acknowledge that this is the new benchmark for me...

Rest sweet Aussie girl :)
 
I have woken up this morning with a poor, sore looking eye. Sorry pic is a bit graphic!
I'm wondering if it is connected at all with surgery? Blood thinners? Doing too much? Or totally unrelated? It's just happened out of the blue.
Sad face :boohoo: cos now I don't want to go out in public... ughhh housebound again!


[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side
 
Are you still on a blood-thinner, Ally? That could be the cause of a burst blood vessel. And if that's what it is, the Mayo Clinic website is saying it's not serious. But I would still let your doctor know about it on Monday morning....just to be on the safe side. And maybe he'll want you off the blood thinners by now. Surgeons all have their own protocols for that and they run the gamut from just taking aspirin for a few weeks, to ten days of injections, to a month-long regimen of whatever their favorite blood-thinner is. I think I'll tag Josephine to look at it too....just to be on the safe side. I'm really in favor of the safe side. :)

Sharon
 
Hi Sharon,
Thanks for the quick reply. I was taking the clexane injections, but stopped those at the end of March. The only tablets I'm taking are Targin, Tramadol and Celebrex. I do have high blood pressure and take tabs for that.
It looks a lot worse than it feels.
 
Those kinds of haemorrhages are not uncommon and are the result of the rupture of a tiny, superficial blood vessel on the surface of the eyeball. The most common cause is a blow to the eye but others include a sudden increase in visceral pressure (within the body) such as might occur when vomiting, very fierce coughing or sneezing, straining at stool or lifting something very heavy, etc. It's as well to get it checked out by an ophthalmic doctor (not an optician) in the next few days just to be sure it's nothing more than that. But having experienced something similar myself during a migraine related episode of intense vomiting, it's not usually anything too serious. If it aches, take a couple of Tylenol. If it is actually painful, go to the emergency room to get it checked out today.
 
Thank you for the advice. It doesn't hurt so I won't go rushing to the hospital. I'm due to see my GP on Tuesday.
 
Thanks clifford149.
6 weeks today!! Saw my GP, and we have reduced my meds another step. He looked at my eye and said he wasn't worried about it at all. Phew. Had my x-ray taken ready to take to OS visit next Monday.
When I look at the x-ray I still can't comprehend that it is my hip, and that is what I am walking on. It's a bit surreal.

[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side
pre op
[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side
post op... yowsers, screws and all!
 
Yes, my eye is slowly but surely clearing. It's a bit yellowish with the blood red now. Ugly. Hope it's gone by next Monday when I go see the OS. (Exciting).
 
Hi ally cat...I am also going next Monday day to see the os. Team...must compare notes. :)
 
Took the shower chair out of the shower today. Hahaha all of a sudden the stall is so roomy. All that's left is the toilet seat riser. I'm clinging on to that until it feels weird perched up so high. My eye is almost back to normal, just a small speck left. Nice rainy day here today, so my stockings are actually comfy for the first time. Still knitting up a storm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom