THR Ally on the Flip Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Everyone, I do feel better today. The endone knocked me out and I had a good sleep last night.
Funny story...
Today I went to a shopping mall with my son. I needed to go down an escalator. I hadn't even thought that this might be a problem. There I was standing at the top of the escalator, wondering how the heck do I get on??? And how will I get off at the bottom???? Bit of a queue behind me now,....it was like 1, 2, 3 step on with the good leg, I'M ON!!!! Then as I got closer to the bottom, a bit of a panic. What if I fall while I'm getting off?? Good leg up ready to go..... I'M OFF!!!! Phew. Who would have thought an escalator would cause a problem. By the end of the trip, I'd been up and down a few and was an old hand.
 
Haha, same thing happened to me a couple of days ago! Except without the queue, but I stood there wondering how do I do this???
 
I also found a lot of things scary. I never thought about a lot of things, I just did them. And fear of falling is so real and then I fell. Boy did that hurt. Please take a easy. You don't want to follow me in my falling. Take a easy and remember to ice and if it hurts don't do again. Take care. Tashia
 
I do not want to fall!! That's what got me into this mess in the first place.
 
Hmmm surfing? Maybe not quite yet. But walking on sand... well, that's something I haven't been able to do for years and I'm looking forward to doing that.
 
I was told no driving til my 6week post-op check up with surgeon. I have just realised that my appt will actually be more like 7weeks! This, out of all the restrictions, is driving me mad. And I suspect, everyone else who need to drive me around. I have noticed that others are driving a lot sooner and wonder do I really need to wait?
I have an auto and it was my left hip, so won't even be using the leg.
Ally
 
Allycat I am not seeing my OS again until 24th My by then I will be nearly 10 weeks and the restrictions won't be lifted until then This is because he is on holiday I am trying to turn a negative into a positive thinking that I will be stronger by then with less risk of a dislocation I would ask one of the Moderators for advice on driving.I hope you are in less pain now it is so easy to over do things and then we pay the price
 
Yesterday was 4 weeks post-op. My GP has reduced my meds again. Now taking Targin 5/2.5 twice a day, Celebrex twice a day and Tramadol 50mg at night plus the panadols 4hourly.
In 2 weeks we will look at probably losing either the Targins or the Tramadols. Then 2 more weeks hopefully Celebrex and panadols only.
After almost 18mths on heavy duty narcotics (Durogesic patches, Tramadols 200mg) I am really looking forward to finally being free of them.
Today it is raining, a little cooler I suppose, but I still feel hot (stupid stockings). Hopefully a good day to carry on with my knitting.
 
Allycat rain and knitting do go together well. And a cup of tea, or I guess it's hot there, a nice glass of iced tea! Is air conditioning a 'given" there? When you say hot, how hot is that? :) Never been to Oz....
 
Today was actually cooler 20*, but over the last few weeks it has been in the high 20's and even up to 34*. Normally I don't mind this weather, but stuck sitting around with the stockings on I have been feeling the heat. A lot of houses have air con, but sadly not my house. I do have air con at work though!
 
Allycat ok, that's hot enough for me to turn on the a/c!!! We have those temps routinely from June-early October. Also very high humidity, which is what gets you. "It ain't the heat, it's the humidity" is a saying here. You must be miserable, poor thing! (I just ran an actual temp converter rather than my grade school "double it and add 32" rule of thumb)-- it's not quite so hot as i thought! We frequently go up to your 37.5:yikes: THEN we stay indoors LOL. I often think of the first English settlers here in this town, which was an early settlement-- they must have thought they would die of the heat and humidity!
 
Oh no.... tears again today.
Yesterday some work mates rang me, which at the time cheered me up, but now I'm missing work. I could hear the kids in the background, they all called out "Hello Miss". I wanted them to get on the phone but they wouldn't. I'm deciding to go into work on the last day of term (Friday next week) to see them all before the holidays.
A friend is coming to pick me up soon and take me shopping, so that should take my mind off things.
Weather-wise, cool again today which is lovely. zauberflöte, yes the temperature is probably not that high at the moment, but bear in mind it is Autumn, with Winter coming up. Summer, now that's another story.
 
Allycat aw I'm sorry about the tears... going in to work for a day will , I hpe, make you feel much better :) And, duh, I forgot it was fall there not summer!
 
I am 5 weeks and 2 days and today I drove my car! I have been really busting to drive again, and as it was my left hip that was done, I just couldn't see why I had to wait 7 weeks.
Tomorrow is the last day of term and I plan on going in to school for an hour or so and see my kiddies before they go on holidays. I really miss them.
Starting to feel normal, doing normal things.
 
How exciting, another step forward! :happydance:
 
Had a really good day today.
I went in to work to see my kiddies (and workmates) today. It was great. Lots of hugs from the kids in my class, then I went around to all the classes to say hi to everyone. They were all amazed at how well I looked and how well I can walk now.
We usually have a staff dinner at the end of term, and I was feeling great, so I joined them. It was a fantastic night and a fantastic way to end a perfect day.
I had a chat with the Principal and have organised to start back at work week 3 next term. I'll start on Wednesday, so I have a short week to begin with. That will be 10 weeks post-op.
I'm lying in bed now, my incision is nagging a bit, but nothing too severe.
Yet another step in the right direction.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom