Guest viewing is limited

THR Ally on the Flip Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allycat...oh how I relate..you have me laughing out loud, which is a good thing. We are definitely in the same situation, same almost age too! I wish you luck with this new gent (hopefully)...yes, you never do know until you meet someone in person. Men from dating sites, really like to keep OLD pics of themselves don't they? I have met MANY in person...dated quite a few, had relationships with a few...I have been divorced for 16 years...I did not date for the first 6.5 years, as my children were 3, 5 7...my life was and still is with them coming first. Now that they are almost 23, 21 and 19, it is time for "me"...well at least a beginning of me time...they all still live at home, and will be for awhile...they are working and working and going to school. They are my blessings and the good that came out of something bad
 
Mamarey ...Contra-dancing is often called line dancing, if I'm remembering correctly. With the quick progress you're making, you could do it in no time. It's wonderful that you're able to walk so much so soon. Good for you!


Allycat...Those on-line guys don't generally sound like much of a bargain. I can see how you'd get frustrated by the whole process. But hopefully this new gent will turn out decent for you.
 
Mamarey and Allycat, I have heard the place to meet men is in the grocery store...I haven't tested it. Mamarey aren't there some guys at the gym or in parks where you can exercise? I met my husband at work so many years ago so I haven't had to be creative. Good luck Allycat but be careful sometimes those dating sites aren't what you think.
 
Allycat ... a gym might be a good thing unless you have friends with brothers or cousins or neighbors. I am so glad I have my husband and don't have to be alone. My mom lost my dad when she was 54 years old at the time I was 27 and didn't realize how lonely she must have been. She dated a bit but has remained single. I know it's hard to meet someone who will be good for you but that's what's important.
 
sandybeach.. The grocery store! Hmmmmm, I do think I've heard that before, but can't quite imagine how to do it. I guess you just strike up a conversation with someone who isn't wearing a wedding ring, and talk about food or a recipe, or something. Also the gym! Yes, Mamarey, you go to the gym already. Or maybe a hiking club? You, too, Allycat. You also seem so fun and friendly and attractive. I'm sure there's Mr. Right for you guys.
 
sandybeach.. Plus everyone has to shop for groceries, right? And it's a little more wholesome of an atmosphere. Everyone's themselves, sober, not actually 'on the make' - so like you said, out of their league and more real and more vulnerable, I guess. And if you talk cooking to someone's who's shopping, they're bound to be interested, if not hungry!
 
Golly Allycat the things you get up to while I'm in the hospital being somebody's post-grad carpentry project! I'm so happy for you being back at school, and I can hear those kids swarming around you now. it's been a couple of weeks now-- how is it going?
 
Hello? Oh Allycat ? Where are you? I miss you. I hope all is well and your telephone chat mate didn't take you away someplace far and exotic where you can't make us laugh anymore...Give us a post, OK?
 
13 weeks post op. Everything's great. No pain to speak of. Pretty much back to normal. Can cut toe nails, put on socks, tie up laces.
Back at work 2 weeks, and it's like I haven't been away. Coping really well. Maybe a little bit tired by the end of the week. Have been joining in the exercise/ hip hop classes at school. Can touch my toes.
Right hip is definitely playing up now. Seeing the OS 8th July, so about a month away. Looking forward to booking in the next surgery.
 
Allycat So good to hear from you and know that everything's fine and dandy. Great! The kids must love having you back, and you're lucky to be dancin around with no problem. Good for you, sweetie. I'm so glad. Keep me posted on your progress, and your OS visit, as well as when Mr. Hottie will be singing again. Take care! Miss you! :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Ally on the Flip Side
@Allycat, looks like you're hopping right along. Gosh! with another new hip you'll be hopping double time! Keep up the good work and keep us posted. We care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom