Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elisea said, "Who knew walking could be so fun!"

And so sexy!

(love what your PT said-funnnnneeee)
 
Alright, appreciate the reminders. I am less than a week out of surgery so my expectations are higher than my abilities it appears.

It seems, at least when I read about them, that a lot of forum patients are up and about right away; which could be where I am in a few weeks. At least I'll hold that thought.

It is good to know that not everyone is up using crutches right away and a walker is fine. I am not a huge person, and my arms are strong, yet the body is unwilling to comply to orders to get up. It's like it's on a mini rebellion for doing something so traumatic to it.


Oh sweetie,don't try to compare you're recovery to someone else. You are doing just fine, and right now you are experiencing exactly what most of us have! Those that are on their feet in what appears to you a short period of time are the exception not the rule!
I know people that had one knee done and were up and around with no problem quickly and then had the second knee done and were shocked when they didn't recover as fast or easily. Each surgery is different and each recovery is also. Don't try and rush things because you feel someone else is doing "better" than you are. Take it easy, let your knee set the pace, and don't get discouraged. Recovery is not a race. Things will improve. Take it from those here. We have all been through this, or are going through recovery right along with you.
 
If only Kansas wasn't so far from sand and surf.....sigh......
 
If only Kansas wasn't so far from sand and surf.....sigh......
:)
But if you go to the highest floor in a tall enough building, Kansas is flat enough you may be able to see the sand and the surf.

Either that or bring a kiddie pool to your favorite golf course! :heehee:
 
Oh sweetie,don't try to compare you're recovery to someone else. You are doing just fine, and right now you are experiencing exactly what most of us have! Those that are on their feet in what appears to you a short period of time are the exception not the rule!

That is so sweet of you Titianlady, thank you for caring! :)
 
:)
But if you go to the highest floor in a tall enough building, Kansas is flat enough you may be able to see the sand and the surf.

Either that or bring a kiddie pool to your favorite golf course! :heehee:

:rotfl: I think I'm going to have to settle for our lake house. No beaches, but still a very nice place to chill. I'll just make an umbrella drink and put on the Beach Boys....
 
That is so sweet of you Titianlady, thank you for caring! :)

You are so welcome. We are all here to help each other on the journey to recovery. I am not that far out from surgery myself and I completely relate to your feelings. I feel so down some days and wonder why I am not further along because someone else was up and dancing in the isle by 8 weeks. But I know that I will heal and I will be dancing in the isle to in my own time. SO WILL YOU!!
 
Oh goodness! :) I am heading out the door but wanted to share my ROM.

Measured in PT today my ROM is at 122/0 without pushing to get it; just measuring it naturally. Isn't that cool!

That is after being on crutches for additional weeks and having issues with my bones and being stuck at 90 something for it seemed like ever. I wasn't able to do any weight bearing type activities for many weeks. And then I had my heart thingy a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, I'm still heading to 130 ROM, and I'm sure I'll get there but the 122 ROM has been hard fought; not like in hurting me wise but just through trials and tribulations.Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

Be happy for me! :yes!:
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
We told you that you'd get there, and that it gets better and better. So glad that now you know for yourself from experience. Great report---great ROM!
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
Measured in PT today my ROM is at 122/0 without pushing to get it; just measuring it naturally. Isn't that cool!

Anyway, I'm still heading to 130 ROM, and I'm sure I'll get there but the 122 ROM has been hard fought; not like in hurting me wise but just through trials and tribulations.Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

Be happy for me! :yes!:

Yay!!!!! I am so happy for you! You go girl! Keep up the good work! :)
 
Today was pretty good. I'm still off work for another week so am taking advantage of the hours during the day to run errands. I wasn't nearly as stiff as I have been previously getting into and out of the car so that is a good sign.

Sigh, why can't we have time off work when we are really healthy. You know, take a few months to really enjoy being away from the office. If I onnnnnnnly got paid for something like that. But alas, I need to go back and make some $$$$$.

I know when I go back people are going to think I had the whole summer off to goof around. Oh, if they only knew. Between the knee and the heart, I've enjoyed ...maybe.... the last two weeks fully. The rest of the time has been spent healing. Should be interesting upon my return.
 
Now if there only was a board like this for those with hand arthritis I'd be set.
 
Elise's,

Going back to work is good and weird. It is good because I'm back working and I'm beginning to feel valuable to someone other than my husband and child again. It is good because I have a guaranteed 1/2 mile walk every day and lots of rising from chairs.

Weird because i move slowly and with pain at times, people will stop and ask if I'm ok. It is a little embarrassing but I just say, "No I'm breaking in my new knees." and they move on feeling reassured. I think it is best to put on a cheerful face for everyone and move on but it
Is frustrating to be so slow that you feel you're impeding traffic. I started back at about week 10-11. I found getting up early hard at first.
I'm back to living for the weekends. Even if I hurt I'm going to get out and get some sun and fun.

Good luck, plan on needing a little more rest at first.

ChrisO
 
Oh, Chris, getting up early will be the worst. I am a night owl by nature and have gotten into my rhythm of staying up until 2am. Well, partly because for a long while I wasn't sleeping more than 2 hours at a time and partly because I like staying up late.

I can't even imagine getting up at 4:30 - 5am again to get to work. It will be weird indeed. But until I win the lottery, it's back to work for me. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom