Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank ya BJ!
I'm hoping for a short day as it is a holiday weekend. :yes!:
 
Thanks for the well wishes kneeper and Vicledsome.
Please have a very nice weekend, relaxing, soaking up some suuunnnn; doesn't that sound nice!
 
Well, better get to sleep as I have a very interesting day ahead of me.
I'll give a recap of it so others going back to work might learn from my mistakes; like not icing.... though not sure yet of such logistics.
Guess I'll know soon!
 
Today was my first day back to work after 12 weeks. I'm glad I took the time off that I did as as soon as I got home I took a two hour nap and then iced my knee. Who knew work was so tiring! :heehee:

Fortunately, many people had taken the day off for the 3 day Labor Day weekend so it was a slower day with not a lot of demand. Those that were at work came by and said hi and we had a good time catching up.

I had thought sitting would be a problem, but I got up at least once an hour to move around so that helped. Must remember to do that for next week.

Anyway, I think I'll need a 3 day weekend to recover! :sleep:
 
Oh, and I almost forgot. I wore these cute strappy sandals, sort of a gladiator type sandal. It was nice to wear something on my feet that were cute for once. YES!:happydance:

I suggest a new pair of shoes for anyone going back to work. Since everyone was looking at how I walked, a cute pair of shoes goes a long way to show coworkers how much better I could walk!

I plan to wear another pair I bought next week. I do so enjoy shoes again!:SUNsmile:
Didn't buy anything with too much of a heel, more like low wedgies, but hey, they are fashionable!
 
Now if I could only get so I can sleep at night.
I can see where insomnia and work are not going to be compatible. :zzz:
 
Two hour naps will kind of kill the ability to sleep at night I bet. I have no trouble going to sleep around 10pm, but wake around midnight and then have to wait until one to take more medicine. I wonder if it is more habit, tried staying in bed but doesn't seem to work. Anyway, sounds like you did well at work and good job getting up and moving around every hour, and new shoes always help don't they.
 
Two hour naps will kind of kill the ability to sleep at night I bet.
Isn't that the truth!!! :rotfl: It's just I was sooooooo tired. I would have had to use toothpicks to keep my eyes open. So I figured walking around in such a state wouldn't be a good thing. All I need is to trip and fall over something.
 
Well, yesterday I worked in my yard pruning.

I do have a lawn service for mowing and weeding buuuuuut I need to do the pruning. I have a certain way I like things pruned.

With my trusty new ratchet pruners and long handled pruners and bush shears I went to work. That and a nice chair to sit down in or to keep handy if I get down on the ground. That was my PT's suggestion; she said to keep a lawn chair nearby so that if I got on the ground I could use it to help get back up and keep more off my knee. Anyway, things are looking much better now, at least in back. And my hand didn't hurt nearly as much as it was when I was using regular pruners so they feel like the new pruners are helping.

And I stood for a couple of hours, with a few sit breaks in between as a did lower bushes and branches, and my knee is in pretty good shape without even icing today. How about that for success! :SUNsmile:
 
And for those in the USA, what is everyone doing for the long holiday?
Something that you haven't been able to do for awhile because of knee problems?
I do hope so and that it brings you enjoyment!
 
Not doing much of anything for this holiday weekend. Too early for me to be running around. Although I guess we are running to town to Walgreens, I want another gel pack for behind my knee.
 
Isn't that something when the big event out of the house is running to Walgreen's! :heehee:
 
Today I gardened in part of my yard I rarely went to before surgery for at least a year. Let me say I do have a lawn and garden service, with a bad knee and wonky heart, it's better to leave the garden to the experts. But pruning is something I like to do. It is soothing for me to chop things up. :rotfl:

Anyway, that part of the yard slopes gently downhill and walking it requires careful balance. It is almost worse than doing stairs, which by the way, I am still working on being able to do. But today I went down to that part of the yard and did some pruning! Yeah for me! :)
 
It is soothing for me to chop things up. :rotfl:

Should I worry about you? No, of course, not. I like chopping things up, too. I really like pruning my trees after the spring growth spurt. And I know how much of an accomplishment it is to be able to do this after not being able to for so long.

So it's a big
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
for you!
 
OMG! Today was my real first day back at work and I am beyond tired. Who knew I could get out of shape not working for 3 months when I wasn't really doing anything physical. I did get up every hour and walk around and did go to another building to visit coworker.

My legs were swollen tonight and I am doggone tired. Don't know how others managed to have a first day back, especially those who have to stand or be on your feet all day. Well, probably can only get better and easier, right?! Now off to bed with some icing.
 
I like chopping things up, too.

Chopping is cathartic. As is weed pulling. When I pull weeds which I haven't lately because of the surgery, I give them names of people I know before I pull them up. :heehee:
 
Reflections:
Midway through my first full week back. Lots more people back in the office this week and everyone I see makes an astonished look and smile when they see me and comment on how I am not limping. Don't know if I appreciate the exaggerated Quasimodo character one portrayed but choose to think it was not meant in a rude way. Most, as I said give me a broad smile. And everyone notices that I am taller. And yes, another person kind of crinkled up their body and bent over to illustrate how I used to look. I know they mean well, but really, do you have to make an exaggerated attempt (I hope it was exaggerated) to show how bent over and hobbled I looked before? What are people thinking when they do that!
 
I certainly hope that they mean well. It is probably good to consider that they have not 'been there and done that' or they would respond in a more compassionate way. I would say give them the benefit of the doubt and just believe that their intent is good... :umm:Hang in there.

I like the weed pulling idea of naming them, and then tossing them out...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom