Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow and I thought I had a good story for yesterday!:heehee: I'm glad you're getting back to normal Elisea, take care of yourself! :yes:
Well, back to normal is debatable :rotfl: but at least I am almost back to my normal self and can have a bit of a better perspective on it.
 
Wow! what a day! Good you knew what was going on and what to do---I'd have been terrified. I'm sure there's no need for me to tell you to take it easy---but I am anyway.


Oh yes, I was pretty scared. The heart rate of 200++ bpm and irregular is scary for this non medical person. I mean a nurse or dr or other medical professional can look at it clinically. But for me, it's my heart trying to set the new land speed record while badly out of beat, and well, it is scary.

Did I mention it was scary?:shocked:
 
I must admit, that being put under to be electrically cardioverted, aka "shocked" :yikes: was way worse for me than going under for knee surgery. I mean, I planned the knee surgery and you should know by now that I like being able to plan for things like surgery. No surprises is a good thing.

I kept trying to "will" my heart back into rhythm; even up to the time the Anesthesiologist was ready to start the Propofol. Buuuuut it doesn't work that way. And with all of the drugs they injected earlier to slow down my heart, I was feeling the weirdest sensations in my chest like it was trying to restart itself without success. So not fun. :thud:

And then waking up with three faces staring down at me was ..... strange. It's like those movies where someone is on the table looking up at the masked faces.

But I knew before they told me that I was back in rhythm. I was ready to start singing that song, “I’ve got rhythm, I’ve got music, who could ask for anything more”. :)
 
Yay! I am glad that you are on the other side of that nightmare and that you've got rhythm and music... I would like to ask the Good Lord for less negative excitement for you. No more stuff like this, just quiet peaceful recovery... Hang in there! (((((hugs)))))
 
How are you doing today? You sure have been through more than your share and always with the best sense of humor!
 
Elisea, my husband has heart disease--he has an implanted defifibulator---he had an ablation for his a-fib and it resolved it for the past five years. I hope that something comes along for you--I know that Bob went through that experience two or three times before the ablation. K
 
Yay! I am glad that you are on the other side of that nightmare and that you've got rhythm and music... I would like to ask the Good Lord for less negative excitement for you. No more stuff like this, just quiet peaceful recovery... Hang in there! (((((hugs)))))
Yes, thank you, quiet peaceful recovery would be very very nice! Keeping the rhythm!
 
How are you doing today? You sure have been through more than your share and always with the best sense of humor!
Thanks Nyland, I am doing better. It takes so much out of me. The heart rate is high so it's like running a marathon for hours. And then the drugs make me tired and bloated. But doing so much better than yesterday; it just takes a couple of days to get back to feeling normal.
And my knee has been cooperating very nicely!
 
Elisea, my husband has heart disease--he has an implanted defifibulator---he had an ablation for his a-fib and it resolved it for the past five years. I hope that something comes along for you--I know that Bob went through that experience two or three times before the ablation. K

Oh, I feel for your hubby, the implanted defibrillator I understand gives quite the shock. Someday I may need the ablation but I am too infrequently in afib for the drs to recommend it. It is just so fast a heart rate and afib together that makes it dangerous. Though I am told that too many trips to the ER and they will be revisiting the ablation question. So maybe I'll be where Bob is sooner than I think.
 
Elisea,
So glad to hear you are feeling better. Please take it easy and get some rest. We care about you.
Thanks karmigirl! I have been trying to do just that today!
 
Finally feeling like myself again. No longer looking like a Sumo wrestler (thanks for the picture of a Sumo bottomshollow, :heehee: )

The drugs I was given midweek, the day of the cardioversion, made my knee, legs and ankles swell; well, pretty much my whole body was bloated.

But looking at my knee this morning it seems to have calmed back down. All my ROM is back to where it should be at this point in the healing process. Yeah!!:SUNsmile:

Now, this week it's back to working on healing the knee!
 
Ack! I just wrote a post and the thing disappeared into the ozone before it posted. Ack!
 
Anyway, what I wrote was that I started cleaning my closets out; doing that spring cleaning I wasn't able to do before my surgery. I have the stamina and the time so I must be feeling better! :)
 
I have pairs upon pairs upon pairs of designer shoes that are almost squeaky clean new. Many pumps with various heels that I didn't wear but kept buying; I was thinking my knee would get better and I could wear pumps with heels again.

And now that I have a new knee, I really don't think I will wear them; at least not with much of a heel. Any ideas on what to do with them? I could donate to Goodwill but I give enough to them; anyone have any other ideas?
 
Would these be shoes that would be for work clothes? Sometimes local groups collect for people who need clothes for job interviews. Our local tech college does that sometimes.
 
Yes, most all are work suitable. I'm afraid wearing high heels in the work place is not something that remotely sounds appealing to me anymore.

Such a great idea kneeper. I hadn't thought of contacting a local tech college. These shoes are really nice and barely worn so the thought of someone using them for a job interview would be fantastic. Thanks!

Well, off to PT, talk to everyone later!
 
I have pairs upon pairs upon pairs of designer shoes that are almost squeaky clean new. Many pumps with various heels that I didn't wear but kept buying; I was thinking my knee would get better and I could wear pumps with heels again.

And now that I have a new knee, I really don't think I will wear them; at least not with much of a heel. Any ideas on what to do with them? I could donate to Goodwill but I give enough to them; anyone have any other ideas?

I had the same problem. I had more then 30 pair of shoes that I could/should no longer wear and I thought what am I going to do with them. I donated some of them and then when talking to my cousin I told her about having to get rid of all my shoes and I told her, who in the world would need size 11 shoes (yes I know...big) and she looked at me and she she wears size 11. So I told her to look them over and she took them all, said if she didn't take them, her sister would. Guess we all have big feet in my family. Now every time I see her I check her feet out...LOL
 
Check with your area churches as well. Some have programs to prepare young women who have limited means prepare for job interviews. If they have such a program, they will welcome clothing or shoes that can be used in the workplace.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom