TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elisea,

I think you are right .... when you start feeling better and stronger each week you know you have turned a big corner.

Congratulations,

ChrisO
 
Heart working, check!:)
Knee working, check!:)

Hey everyone, today was a pretty good day! I've got more parts working than a week ago. Now if I can only keep another part of my body from going haywire, it should be a pretty good week! :rotfl:
 
That's great, Elisea----but why in the world are we still up at almost 1 in the AM? I think I'm going to take myself to bed. Have a good night!
 
I had the same problem. I had more then 30 pair of shoes that I could/should no longer wear and I thought what am I going to do with them. I donated some of them and then when talking to my cousin I told her about having to get rid of all my shoes and I told her, who in the world would need size 11 shoes (yes I know...big) and she looked at me and she she wears size 11. So I told her to look them over and she took them all, said if she didn't take them, her sister would. Guess we all have big feet in my family. Now every time I see her I check her feet out...LOL
I meant to comment on this earlier. The common shoe size is definitely serendipitous. I mean, would you ever have thought that your shoes would stay within the family like that. That is so cool! :thumb:
 
And speaking of stiffness, which I was in another thread :), I had lunch for a friend I hadn't seen for a couple of years as she has been out of the country.

I met her at the restaurant and walked in without a crutch showing her my practiced walk without a limp. She had not seen me without a limp in a decade. I was impressive!!! :SUNsmile: So ready to show her my new self!

We sat at a booth in the restaurant and talked for hours. When it was time to leave, I was stooooo stiff. I mean really stiff. I prepared her that she might have to pull me up as it is hard to get up from a booth. I finally figured out I must swing my feet around and then find something to hang onto on each side and use brute force to lift myself up. My quads were certainly not cooperating and my knee was yelling, "hey, don't expect your knees to help, we're both stiff!"

AGH! :sos: Fortunately, my friend was right there to help if needed. But I tell ya, I felt like an .... sniff.... old person! :heehee:
 
Elisea, I sure know what you mean about that stiffness. When I get up after sitting for a long while I am sooo stiff and feel quite decrepit.
 
Elisea, I sure know what you mean about that stiffness. When I get up after sitting for a long while I am sooo stiff and feel quite decrepit.
YES YES, "that" is the perfect word! Decrepit! :cheers:
 
Thanks Kelly. Your ROM is my dream........... sigh......... someday.
Now, I had to blink twice and reread. You are doing squats while standing on a bosu ball??? WOW, I am in awe of your abilities. That is fantastic and truly amazing to us mere mortals.



Kelly, skigirl; I just had to tell you, I don't have your ROM yet, but I am doing squats!!! It is not on a Bosu ball but on a shuttle balance board, it is this platform board that is suspended with chains and is designed to move around and work on balance.

I am very impressed with myself!
 
Wow, that looks cool, and quite impressive. Have fun working on that. I am still standing on the level ground. I will get there too.
 
Wow, that looks cool, and quite impressive. Have fun working on that. I am still standing on the level ground. I will get there too.


Yes, it is deceptively simple looking but oh so hard. Every little tiny move sets it off in many directions.
 
I'm impressed.
 
It is essentially the same thing as a bosu ball---just something to make you work to balance!! That is amazing Elisea and quite an achievement!! I am impressed. Kelly
 
Yes and some high schools have prom closets, for lower-income girls to borrow or purchase affordable dresses and accessories for the prom. Bless you to be thinking of others during your recovery. So glad that you are getting that stamina back. Good to know that I have that to look forward to again.
 
Yeah, I changed my avatar. :)
I am off those pesky crutches for the most part; only use them when I am walking long distances.
Thought a nice beach scene would be perfect for the rest of August!:SUNsmile:
 
A great new avatar!!!! Love the beach!!!
 
Well, I am still in physical therapy and will be for awhile longer even though I am two and a half months post surgery. My knee has had a lot of healing to do and stairs are still difficult and still need to gain more strength.

I have been practicing my walk and thought I was doing well, and really …. I am. My limp is fairly unnoticeable and I can walk on uneven surfaces.

My physical therapist, though, nicely pointed out that my walk is still….. how shall we put it, different.

Actually my PT said I walk "like an old lady protecting my private parts". :rotfl: :rotfl:

I wondered why everyone thought I had a hip problem rather than a bad knee. Apparently years of walking to minimize the knee pain, means I walk slow and don’t move my hips and pelvis like I should. So my PT exercise is to sashay when I walk and get those hips moving.

Who knew walking could be so fun!
 
Yes and some high schools have prom closets, for lower-income girls to borrow or purchase affordable dresses and accessories for the prom.
That's a great idea Cheryl! Thank you!
 
A great new avatar!!!! Love the beach!!!
Yes, and I am going to try hard to make it to a beach this week!:SUNsmile:
My avatar will be inspiration to do so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom