TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
CONGRATULATIONS , and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your shiny knee!!
 
Thank you all.

It is strange to think where I was last year at this time. At the time I tried to set in my mind how much pain I was in so I'd remember why I went the TKR route. I was in awful pain and limping horribly.

Many others often say they wonder why they didn't have surgery earlier. I don't. I needed to research enough to know this was the path to go down and then I was ready.

And now it is a year later, OMG, Wow!
 
OMG, it just struck me. I may have a nice summer to enjoy! :yes!:

Last summer I was struggling with crutches, possible issues with my replaced knee, losing ROM, gaining ROM..... then it was fall and winter.

Now it's nice again and I can go outside and enjoy the nice weather. Yeah!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
You absolutely MUST make this a fun summer because you now CAN make it fun. And we want reports and pictures!!!!:heehee:
 
Pictures?! Pictures?!
I am not sure I want to leave that sort of evidence around! :heehee:

But yes, was even puttering around in the yard today, something that was impossible last summer. The uneven surface of just walking on grass made me very unstable. Before surgery I was worried about falling and hurting my knee, and after surgery...... well.... I was afraid of falling and hurting my knee.
Noticed today that I started to turn and lost my balance for a second and knee was rock solid. All goodness!

But pictures...... hmmmmmm..... we'll see!
 
With such great weather this summer, I am going to have some fun!

Well, when not working, that is.... but it is warm enough outside to get in some serious walking / hiking time.


Hope the rest of you also have the opportunity to get outside and do something fun and enjoyable as well! :SUNsmile:
 
It's been awhile since I've been able to enjoy going outside. Last summer was recouping from surgery and before that was the bone on bone pain that kept me from going anywhere. I had to wait till I was ready too. I made an apt for surgery a year before I had my knees done. I was such a wreck, sobbing constantly, broke out in Shingles, just a nervous wreck. I cancelled the pre-op appts, swore I'd lose weight, tried every off the wall 'cure' for arthritis (eating pure honey and cinnamon every day was supposed to be a sure thing) and finally decided that recovering from surgery couldn't be any worse then what I was living. Turns out recovering from surgery was way easier then I ever expected. I expected the absolute worst - unrelenting pain and constant tears. I was pretty lucky. I took it easy, followed the Bone Smart Mantra, expected a very long recovery and did better then I thought. Now just simple things like going to the flea market, stopping at a garage sale for stuff I do not need., visiting friends, doing my own food shopping - lots of silly stuff like that, stuff I always took for granted. My granddaughter was thrilled I could go upstairs to see her new bed, haven't been up there for about 2 years.
Enjoy your summer! You earned it :thumb:
 
Good luck hope youll soon be cycling swimming and enjoying life... yes its known to be the hardest op to recover from, but worth it in the end.
 
A whole year!!!!!!!! Wow, isn't it great? Time flies and now you can play and smell the roses. It so good to hear from you and find out that you are doing so good. No more bone on bone and now no pain. Isn't it great. I had forgotten what it was like a year ago. We have made process but making more is so much easier. Right? It so great to come here and see friends and hear that they have done so good. Take care and keep up the fun. Tashia
 
Just found this forum and don't know how to post so I just hit reply. I'm having tkr wed on
left knee. I had my right one done two yrs ago but with a different dr. My insurance changed
so had to get different dr and this one doesn't use robotics, does incision differently and
different implant so I'm concerned. Anyone have both knees done with everything different?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom