TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So proud to see how far you have come!! I remember how much you suffered at first, and now your going gang busters. Slow and steady!! Hugs!
Welllllll, I don't know about gangbusters as I think a group of 90 year olds doing aerobics could beat me and leave me standing on one crutch in the dust but I am moving. :heehee:

Today it has been pretty swollen; about to start the icing protocol.
 
Glad to hear that you are faster than those 90 year olds!!! You go girl! :) It seems like every time I ride the bike my knee swells up. I hope that you get that swelling down quickly and are moving along nicely again without any setbacks.
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th And what, BJ, are you doing other than riding your bike? More than you should I'm sure. And are you elevating and icing enough? I worry about you, you know!

Your BS Mom [Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
I mean I figure it must be getting stronger and better as I'm getting antsy to keep moving ahead in the physical therapy. Things that were hard last session or last week are seeming easy/ easier now. :yes!:
It's nice to see progress isn't it? Way to go Elisea!:egypdance:
 
You are doing so well
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
after such a rough start
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
---don't do anything to jeopardize it now. As you see, when you start feeling a lot better, you suddenly want to do sooooooo much more----which can get you in trouble.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
But I know you'll be sensible about it all and behave yourself
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
.
 
And what, BJ, are you doing other than riding your bike? More than you should I'm sure. And are you elevating and icing enough? I worry about you, you know!Your BS Mom
:rotfl: Boy, ya can't get away with anything around here BJ! Bottomshollow is even tracking you to other threads to lecture you! :rotfl:
 
​
​
How I spent yesterday....

Yesterday, I had a problem recur with my heart and wound up in the hospital.:thud:

I have lone atrial fibrillation (afib), but my twist is it's always tachycardic. When it happens my heart is constantly over 200 beats a minute (bpm), and with an irregular rhythm that is a cause for concern.

I waited a couple of hours but was feeling horrible :sick: and so made the trip to the ER where they admitted me to the hospital.

Many hours and drugs later, they succeeded in getting it down into the 180's, then 150's and finally bouncing between the 120's to 130's.

Cardiologist finally shocked it back into normal sinus.:yahoo: Glad I was under for the shocking experience. :yikes:

And yes, I was discussing my case with the Drs. up until the time they put me under. Ok, I was grilling them, decades of experience does not mean they can't do a quick refresher of the procedure. Though I think the Anesthesiologist put the oxygen mask over my mouth just to shut me up. :skep: :heehee:

I am better and fortunately my knee was cooperating as well. :thumb: Though with all of the drugs they gave me, and the heart not pumping adequately for the day, I am bloated and swollen, imagine the look of a Sumo wrestler.

And I am thankful for a normal sinus rhythm again. Those of you with perfect hearts, I hope you never take them for granted. They are quite the piece of work. :thumb:


​
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
I can't picture you like this, Elisea. Wow! what a day! Good you knew what was going on and what to do---I'd have been terrified. I'm sure there's no need for me to tell you to take it easy---but I am anyway.


[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
I don't know that I take my heart for granted, but I'm sure I don't appreciate how "normal" it has been all these years and pray it continues to be.

Take good care of yourself, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
Wow. I'm glad you're doing ok now.
 
​
​
How I spent yesterday....

Yesterday, I had a problem recur with my heart and wound up in the hospital.:thud:

I have lone atrial fibrillation (afib), but my twist is it's always tachycardic. When it happens my heart is constantly over 200 beats a minute (bpm), and with an irregular rhythm that is a cause for concern.

I waited a couple of hours but was feeling horrible :sick: and so made the trip to the ER where they admitted me to the hospital.

Many hours and drugs later, they succeeded in getting it down into the 180's, then 150's and finally bouncing between the 120's to 130's.

Cardiologist finally shocked it back into normal sinus.:yahoo: Glad I was under for the shocking experience. :yikes:

And yes, I was discussing my case with the Drs. up until the time they put me under. Ok, I was grilling them, decades of experience does not mean they can't do a quick refresher of the procedure. Though I think the Anesthesiologist put the oxygen mask over my mouth just to shut me up. :skep: :heehee:

I am better and fortunately my knee was cooperating as well. :thumb: Though with all of the drugs they gave me, and the heart not pumping adequately for the day, I am bloated and swollen, imagine the look of a Sumo wrestler.

And I am thankful for a normal sinus rhythm again. Those of you with perfect hearts, I hope you never take them for granted. They are quite the piece of work. :thumb:


​
Dear Elisea,
Oh my goodness! You poor dear. What a scare!!!!! Please take care and know how much I care.
 
Dear Elisea,
Oh my goodness! You poor dear. What a scare!!!!! Please take care and know how much I care.

Thank you for your sweet wishes! I am so not into hospitals or anything medical so anything like this is scary for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom