TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add insult to injury I usually doze off the last 5 minutes of a show and then wake up again. :gaah:

Oh Morning Glory, this cracked me up it is so funny. :rotfl:

Just don't go watching any slasher movies and incorporating them into your dozing off moments!:yikes:
 
Elisea, I am sorry to hear that all is not going smoothly with recovery. I understand about setbacks--having this surgery three years after the tka has put a crimp on my entire summer. I had to let so many weeks pass before I could really exercise. Right now my quads are aching because of squats while standing on a bosu ball, but I am happy about it!! Kelly
 
Elisea, I am sorry to hear that all is not going smoothly with recovery. I understand about setbacks--having this surgery three years after the tka has put a crimp on my entire summer. I had to let so many weeks pass before I could really exercise. Right now my quads are aching because of squats while standing on a bosu ball, but I am happy about it!! Kelly

Thanks Kelly. Your ROM is my dream........... sigh......... someday.

Now, I had to blink twice and reread. You are doing squats while standing on a bosu ball??? WOW, I am in awe of your abilities. That is fantastic and truly amazing to us mere mortals.
:bow::bow:
 
Thanks Elisea, I don't even think about it any more----but I used to stand on it with a solid leg, now I have a wobbly one!! All in good time. I spend a hour a day working on balance, skiing is all about balance!! K
 
I also do pretty well with melatonin, and you can take it again during the night if need be, as long as you don't need to be getting up within an hour. Keep the lights off when you wake up, don't look at the clock. It's better to read before bed than to watch tv. I have always counted on reading to get me to sleep, although with this surgery, I have a tv in my room for the first time in my adult life, and my diminished capacity after surgery to read means I have gotten into a habit of having the tv on. I've never been a sound sleeper, never have slept through the night, always have tossed and turned, but for me, that's different than insomnia. When I occasionally know I'm just not going to get back to sleep (after a couple hours) I have to get up and go somewhere else in the house and do all the things I said shouldn't be done. Then when I get sleepy, I sleep there or go back to bed and try again. Oh, and get a mug of hot milk. I wish sleep for you!
 
I also do pretty well with melatonin, and you can take it again during the night if need be, as long as you don't need to be getting up within an hour. Keep the lights off when you wake up, don't look at the clock......... When I occasionally know I'm just not going to get back to sleep (after a couple hours) I have to get up and go somewhere else in the house and do all the things I said shouldn't be done. Then when I get sleepy, I sleep there or go back to bed and try again. Oh, and get a mug of hot milk. I wish sleep for you!

Ohhhhh that's hard not to look at the clock; but is an interesting suggestion; may try that tonight. I also may have to break down and try the melatonin treatment; have just been concerned about getting into a habit of needing to take it each night. A cup of cocoa has worked in the past for the occasional bouts of insomnia; but I didn't want to get into a habit of that every night either. Hot milk, though, might work just as well. Thanks!
 
Oh Morning Glory, this cracked me up it is so funny. :rotfl:

Just don't go watching any slasher movies and incorporating them into your dozing off moments!:yikes:

No slasher movies for me! Yikes :scary: I have missed the endings of Chopped and Project Runway way too many times. There's not a whole lot to choose from at that hour. There are a lot of shopping channels on in the middle of the night but can't afford to watch those.

I read somewhere that eating a piece of bread before bedtime will help you sleep. I have tried having bread with milk when I couldn't sleep, not sure if that really helped or I would have fallen asleep anyway. I just looked quick on Google and there's an article in Readers Digest on foods that make you sleepy. broken link removed: https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/20-foods-that-make-you-sleepy/
 
Melatonin isn't like taking a sleep aid drug. It's naturally occurring in the body. You may just need something to reestablish your sleep pattern, but no harm if you do keep taking it. It's like a daily vitamin. I hate taking sleep aids, but melatonin I do like and it helps me.
 
WOO HOO! :SUNsmile:
Guess who is getting off crutches and on with healing the knee!
YEP, ME!
About time!
 
:yes!: I have been on crutches for several weeks since the last drs appt where my orthopedic surgeon was concerned about the knee and complications following surgery.

At my appointment this week, we took a new set of knee Xrays to compare to my entire set of knee Xrays. He spent quite a bit of time going over them and also reviewed the blood test. Result is the area around the implant appears to have no indication of infection or any other reaction. Everything appears to be moving in the right direction.

Been given the go ahead to start weight bearing physical therapy. How cool is that! :)
 
And this is me being happy!! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
What great news! Take it slow and easy now--'cause we know who won the race.


I'm just so happy for you.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
You have been so upbeat and encouraging to everyone, it's about time you had some good news. I'm so happy for you. Can't wait for your next update.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom