TKR A new chapter begins - 16 Dec 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I am glad u incision look good. Just question for u. What is your bend? Mine is not good either. Drives me crzy. What did u pt do? Mine already got out and I'm 27 days post opp. Gee they don't like there job in Ashland lol.


SonnysWife❤️
 
Just read through your recovery and is very close to mine. I can happily report that the pain gets more manageable as the days pass. It was the 2 week mark for me when the pain actually became bearable and I wasn't counting the minutes until my next dose. Hopefully, you will have a similar experience.
I just did my first unaided leg lift and I am 4 weeks post op. Prior to that I used my other leg or a band. I could also do side lifts around 2.5 weeks and that made things easier.
My OS and PT wanted me to push through the pain. The pain in the first 2 weeks was horrendous and I barely did any PT. When I went for my 2 week appt. my OS told me my ROM was the worst he had ever seen and that if I didn't get more ROM I would end up hating my new knee. Thankfully, I had visited this forum before my appt. so I didn't completely unravel. I tried the no pain, no gain method for a week and then started my own recovery thread due to being completely frustrated and in pain. I was urged by numerous posters to put my foot down and take charge of my recovery. I did and now my PT works with me - gain with no pain. I urge you to do the same.
I wish you all the best in your recovery. It's hard and at times frustrating but you got this! :)
 
Thanks for the reply. Yeh I have been a mess. And mine was just partial. I am 28 days today. Ups and down. More tears than anything. I don't go a day with out some kind pain. Pt in Ashland Lazy. I did it all myself. But it's hard. I had to ask for of in facility. Cause I am so much of a mess with bending. And know I'm swollen. I will post scar pic. Do u have scar pic. It's nice to look at all them. Anyways the I am going to Reg pt start Monday cause it's stiff. I just can't handle it. I said I have to to get back to movement. Once before I had pt to try and fix the bad leg. Yeh lol. It's pop and cracked ans wound not bend. Like kill me. I know he pain will be bad. But we have do it. I've found this form know that I sorda know how use it helpful. What us os said is same as mine. My bend sucks and the swelling and pain sucks. But this form helped me. I am like 28 days and just was able to lift leg off floor. And I can bend but it hurts bad and I have some weird thing going on when I bend. Like it wants to pop. But will find out Monday. Anyways great report on u keep up the good work. Thanks for the message. Xxxx angel
 
Lol that's not fare. The nurse or pt would not give email addy. Staples ouch. No way. I would not have handle it. I had to get glue. U all who has staples are braver than me no way. Xxx to all.
 
Hi @luluna, @Sonny'sWife, and @Wrangler,
Glad to see that you are all doing pretty good. Your ROM will come in time. The swelling and pain will also get much better fairly soon. By the 3rd week you start feeling like you might start liking your surgeon again. The swelling is down nicely and the pain is starting to get better. You notice the changes more. Each week gets better, usually. You all will have your ups and downs. And the tears. I would leave Pt crying cos I would not gain with the ROM. And then there were days where it was fine. I liked the good days not the bad ones. Loved it when my OS let me drive too. My knee is the right one. So it took an extra week or so before they let me drive. I'm 13 weeks out now and doing a lot more now. Thought it never would happen. I still have pain but its still the soft tissue healing and the muscle healing. Amazing how much time this takes. Each day will be a challenge. But you all will be there.
This site has been a wonderful place to be on. Everyone is awesome!!
Dana
 
Thanks for the kind words. Xxx it's been a challenge. And it's hard. I don't have a single friend. Thank goodness for this sight. Lost all them when I moved to ky and married. Oh well.
 
Well you got plenty here even a numpty from.scotland

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Somtimes with pain it builds up and seems never ending it gets better. I walked 3 miles today paying for it but worth it

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ayr I'm.grand ty wrll.sore but hey

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Sonny'sWife - the staple removal really wasn't that bad - a little prick and then nothing!

@appaloosa girl and @Legin - thanks for the encouragement. A lot of swelling today and had to go backwards on the CPM machine today, but got within 2 degrees of where I was yesterday. Decided that I will deal with the PT tomorrow if she says or does something that bothers me - it just isn't healthy to stew like this. It's just such a vulnerable spot to be in - on drugs, in pain, not much sleep and already scared that I made a bad decision. When she feeds those fears, it just makes me more miserable. I either have to say something, or I have to get a new PT!
 
Hi @lunula
It's going to a little while before you feel like you did the right thing. Took me 3 to 4 weeks or so before even liked my doctor again. If you don't like your pt guy get another one. It's hard enough just healing and then have a therapist who doesn't get it really does us no good.
Take it one day at a time.
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Not sure how many people read my thread, but was hoping for some "urgent" advice.

For the past few days, I have been getting hot flashes. No cold chills, just hot flashes. I called my nurse today because my husband also noticed some new bruising on my calf (TKR leg) and when he touched it, it hurt a ton. Was worried about a blood clot. Decided not to go to the ER, But nurse told me to monitor my temperature. All day, it has steadily gone up.

I had a low grade fever for a few days when I got home, but that went away. My normal temp runs low at 97.4. Right now, it is 99.9 - so a couple degrees high for me.

So now I am concerned. I know it is normal to run a low grade fever after leaving the hospital, but is it normal for it to come back?

No drainage on my knee, it is warm, but it doesn't seem any more warm than it has been. I have been taking aspirin, even though I found out I am allergic (rash) - could that be causing it?

Sorry I am so paranoid, just very concerned as I sit here in my cold family room dripping sweat. :(

Tagging @Josephine - hope you do not mind. Thank you.
 
You are right to.check tho in my case my temp kept bouncing about. At one.point.I had 6 fans about me. It still happens I blame the wife she has given me.her hot flushes. Hope you feel better soon

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I had hot flashes in my first weeks but no fever that i noticed after I got home. I think it was the meds.
Like the nurse said, monitor your temp. I think they're only concerned if it goes over something like 101. Was she concerned at all about the leg? Always better to get it looked at if in doubt.
 
I've no advice but wishing you well. Yikes! Poor thing, did you know how many things you were allergic too before this?
 
@lunula

I was running fever when they released me from the hospital. My OS said as long as my temperature was below 101, he was ok. I kept running that low grade fever for about a week but it has pretty much gone away, although I will still feel a little warm from time to time. I'm sure it's just a reaction to your medication, but I'm certainly not a doctor, so a call into your OS or primary care physician wouldn't hurt. I really hope you get over the hump soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom