TKR A new chapter begins - 16 Dec 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is my 3 month anniversary and I only have between 110-115 flex ion and am 100% strait. The swelling, full heavy feeling sucks and never goes away. I do go to the gym and also try to water walk. But I find if I go three days in a row I am really sore and have to take a couple of days off. I am getting sick of going to PT but just got another referral. I can finally go up steps with both legs but still come down like a toddler. I love in a one story house so that was not an issue. It is so surprising to hear how these journys differ but can also be so similar. I am glad to read your journey as it sounds a bit like mine. I still use a cane and that bugs me, but PT insisted. Have a great day.
 
Hi @50something - it's so frustrating to see gains and then losses!!

My last PT visit measured me at 123, but today I really think I'm between 100-110 based on how it feels and how I have to go down the stairs one at a time again. I guess it's because I was on the bike at the gym on Saturday, I iced for about 3 hours last night and Saturday night, but still feels so stiff today.

I wish I knew how they measured because when I stand and bend my knee backwards, it appears to be just barely over 90 degrees. I don't see the PT again until next week, the day before I see my OS. I will likely ice, ice, ice before I go. Hard to believe I still have inflammation in there 3 months later!
 
I found water walking kind of tough at 3 months. I wouldn't go exercise more than 3 days in a week and always with a break day in between. Slowly but surely I could do more and more.
 
I think I need to take a tip, and only exercise every other day. The hard thing forme at this point, besides swelling and pain is the fact I lost 20 pounds the first two months. Now my appetite is back but I really want and need to keep the weight off. Exercise will also help tone me after 2 fullmknths of nothing but what PT prescribed. I am not a fitness junkie, nor am I obsessed with all things organic or gluten free. I am careful but love to cook and eat. Today I did a bit on the stationary. I,e and just 5 minutes on an elliptical which has always been good to my knees. But prior to my meniscus tear I was not able to do much gym cardio at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom