TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

i have hypersensitivity on the left side of my scar and the right side is numb ...is that what your describing/
maybe it has to do withe the knee cap nerve being cut and needing to regenerate
 
I've had numbness on the right since my first arthroscopic surgery.. Nerves were cut... Now that side I'm numb down the whole side of my calf.. Left is just I guess shower sensitive.. But it you push on it at all.. It hurts bad. Like I'd push you off me not thinking lol so I guess now is just hypersensitive

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I know the feeling! I didn't think it would happen after arthroscopic surgery
But I've been told that the numbness gets better but might not go away completely
Hope you are feeling better today
 
Hope you are felling better @Pansy727 !! Enjoy our pedicure! It's amazing how those little things can make you just feel better. I went for a haircut and color last friday and felt so wonderful afterward!
 
So went to pt.. I'm at 85 in left knee 113 in right.. He worked and stretched and worked. Weights lifts.. Then went on this weight bench thing and it was like sliding squats.. It all felt pretty good. Now I'm dying.. My knees hurt so freaking bad.. I did go for a pedicure after.. That was nice.. But Omg.. Swollen tight painful.. I just wanna cry.. So. I took some pain meds and I'm icing them down.. I go back Wed.. I want to cry lol

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I didn't do weights or squats until month 4. Personally I think you're too early for weights and squats. Think of what Josephine would say :no-fin:.
 
I don't know what it was called but it was this machine I laid on and I pushed up and down on so it simulated a deep bend

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I think I am on the same machine. You do squats on your back. Then they have me squat and lift good knee so et on new knee. It helps quad strenghts
 
I was on a machine like that, but not until late January or early February. I was on two machines that simulated squats, one was computerized and the other just a weight machine I laid on. Neither hurt at the 4 month mark.
 
It didn't hurt doing it after different story

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I had no pain at the time or after, but I was 4 months out of surgery, riding a bike for 10 minutes, and gone back to work.
 
Omg I feel like I've been kicked in the side of my knee.. Hurts so bad.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Your knees are giving you a message, loud and clear. The machine that simulated squats was too much for them. However you do them, squats are hard on your knees until they are much further along in recovery.

I think you need to speak up for your knees, and tell your PT that you won't use that machine again for several months.
 
Pt again today rode bike and did lots of stretching.. He said I'm kinda neglecting the right to work on the left but it's a tough cookie.. I'm at 84 degrees and wow it hurts.. He did say remember two things.. Patience and pain meds.. You have pain meds for a reason.. Take them

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I understand where you are coming from. I have a right tkr and trying to hold on the left for now. But try to work on both
 
I had both of course but the left is my trouble maker

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Yep.. He did say I was walking pretty good despite the bad one.. But I work hard at toes forward heel to toe

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I can walk too but feel like I'm limping. The swelling is there and I feel it
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom