Guest viewing is limited

TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

Anyone have what feels like spasns on the lateral side of your knee .. It hurts too.. Haven't felt this before

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Yes, I have the theory that my OS trapped and angry little man in my knee armed with a big stick... Every once in a while, this little man starts beating on parts from the inside... Whack, whack... Oh, he is also an electrician and sometimes starts randomly connecting nerves... Let's try this one.... ZAP, ZAP... Nope... Ouch!
 
Omg I totally agree... It's like he decides to turn on a zapper and day here ya go.. Zap Zap Zap

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Sometimes I look at my knee ACTUALLY thinking I will see something moving or something... That little angry man is a terrible electrician or an angry drunk guy with a taser...
 
Yes, I have the theory that my OS trapped and angry little man in my knee armed with a big stick... Every once in a while, this little man starts beating on parts from the inside... Whack, whack... Oh, he is also an electrician and sometimes starts randomly connecting nerves... Let's try this one.... ZAP, ZAP... Nope... Ouch!

Omg I totally agree... It's like he decides to turn on a zapper and day here ya go.. Zap Zap Zap

Those zaps (I call them zingers) are usually messages from cut nerves, which are trying to regrow and re-establish connections. Yes, they are little electric currents.
 
Chortle, I am very aware of zappps great for the ministry of funny walks. If it gets to an unbearable stage there is diff pain relief meds. Oh BTW I reckon its someone who has installed CCTV in your house and they decide to zapp at the worst moments

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Pt today he took it easy on me.. But Good news in at 88 degrees.. Got a ways to go on flexion.. And my knees feel like cantaloupes and hurt.. Now I'm on the way to a convention tomorrow pray I'll do ok.. Taking ice packs and zip lock bags for ice at the hotel.. They are so stiff.. He was afraid today my rom would be bad bc they feel so tight but he said I'm doing good.. The sad part is I hurt 24/7 now to get to this point that part sucks

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@Pansy727
In terms of TKR recovery, you're still at a very early stage. Are you still taking pain relief medication? You shouldn't be in pain 24/7.

I hope that you are not going to be doing too much at that convention. Make sure you take plenty of time to rest, ice and elevate your knees.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed I hope its a convention of ice makers and seat manufacturers

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well the convention was nice but I hurt so bad I didn't get to enjoy it like I wanted.. Our hotel was across the street so I spent time there icing.. And I even had instant ice packs there that I used.. And I sat alot propped up.. I am paying for it though.. I hurt so bad it hurts to walk to get up.. I'm swollen.. And I have pt tomorrow.. I just cannot even imagine going.. And yes I've taken pain meds right regularly since sat.. It hurts above my left knee and laterally... I swear it feels like when I came home.. I was in tears many times and even today.. When does it ever get better? Ugh

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
You may have just been up on your legs too long. Things should really get better around week 4-5, 4 for me, but then stuff happened. Sorry you're hurting, you're convention was similar to going to work, which is never a good idea at this point in recovery. Cancel PT and take it easy for a few days.
 
Referee went back to work at 8 weeks and was miserable. He says it was too soon. Look at some threads of people who are just beginning to get back to normal. They're at or close to 12 weeks and most didn't have BTKR. I have to think the BTKR is going to take more time as it's harder for your body to heal. You're body is doing double healing. I know how hard it was for me when I had a 2nd surgery a month later. I stayed in a chair with my leg up for another month, my body was expending so much energy healing the infection as well as the surgery I was exhausted.
 
Pansy, you are working those knees way too much. The fact that you're hurting so and swelling tells it all. Please slow down and spend a few days doing nothing but icing, resting, elevating and taking something for that pain. It's too soon for you to try and be this active and pushing. You can even skip therapy for a bit. Just do gentle bends and stretches throughout the day and walk about your house every few hours to keep things loose. You need to get your pain under control or you risk developing a chronic pain situation.
 
Pansy you like me are 7 weeks
I too have swelling mostly from working
It never goes away completly. Jut keep icing and flexing and you will do fine
 
It will get better just you have done a lot recently and all those muscles are paying you back. Are you set for a period of rest now

Legin THR Sep 14
 
The swelling will go gradually, but it does take a long time - my knee, at almost a year old, still swells for a while if I do too much for it.

@Pansy727 , going to a conference at only 7 weeks after major surgery was really asking a lot of your knees. No wonder they protested! Be prepared to do a lot of resting, icing and elevating until they have a chance to calm down again.
 
I know it was alot.. And believe me I did a lot of sitting.. I cancelled pt for today.. I just couldn't handle it.. Im icing and resting today..

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I'm at the point of feeling like I'm crazy to be hurting like this in the left side... The right hurts some but nothing like this.. Is moving good swells some but the left is like not getting any better . Rom is a little better but my thing is how it feels day to day.. It feels like a brick in my leg.. I limp.. I ache.. It hurts to touch in one area.. My whole leg looks like a tree trunk.. I toss and turn all night.. But thinking that nothing will help makes me so sad.. That this is how is gotta be.. It's just all making me depressed

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Pansy727 , I cant give you any advice since I haven't had my surgery yet (Sept 22nd) but I want you to know that I feel bad that you are going thru this pain , I'm sure is just part of the normal process. Did you call your OS? What the Dr said? I'm praying for you to get better soon. We go thru enough pain before our surgeries but think that this pain is part of the getting better part. I wish you the best and keep us updated.

take care ,

Lili
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom