TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

Tough day for you. Hope a good rest will make you feel better.
 
Don't do squats. They hurt and and anything get hat hurst can't be good for the knee. I'm walking and never did one squat the first month. I did heel slides, straight leg raises, butt squeezes, windshield whippers, and half arcs things over a bolster. Never did a squat the first 4 weeks, but at month 4 my PT put me on a machine that simulated a squat. That was at 4 months, not 4 weeks.
 
when I found out of you let the pain meds go bc you feel like you can bc you are feeling better you pay... Now I'm hurting and chasing the pain... I need someone to knock me in the head lol.
It would be my pleasure!
[Bonesmart.org] 7 yrs out bilateral tkr
except we have a few thousand miles of ocean between us!
I did my exercises today but instead of 15 reps I did 10..but kid my knee is screaming..
The DON'T do them!
I am literally exhausted.. I have no idea why... Not like I've done a lot
You did exercises, didn't you? You just had TWO knee replacements, didn't you? Did you read this article? Energy drain for TKRs You don't have to DO anything to be exhausted!
Like when I move it I can feel like pain.. Is it nerves waking up?
No, it's your poor sore knees trying to tell you

[Bonesmart.org] 7 yrs out bilateral tkr


I just have this fear of not doing it and not getting any better
The you should my recovery threads to see how little exercising I did! If you hurt, don't do the exercises. They can cause more harm than good.
First knee. Knee recovery - UK style
Second knee. Josephine's 2nd knee story - short version where I did even less!
 
I'm listening I'm listening bc I am just wiped... Pt is coming today and I'm gonna tell her

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Pt came she had me do 20 reps of all exercises.. Go up and down steps.. Walk outside down the street and then measured rom.. Im sore and tired right now... She wants me to work with the cane on Wed bc im so balanced she said.. In doing great.. Just rom sucks and the pain and swelling after.. Ugh

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I also have the blues... But today and yesterday were very hard days.. Cried at everything... Just wanting to be back to normal... I'm quite worried about this left knee.. It's so far behind the right... It makes me nervous.. Im at 106 with right and only 75 with left.. When will this be of concern? I go see my os next Tuesday... It's just so hard... And numbness.. Wow.. All the way down my calf on right leg.. I had previous numbness across the top of the knee from arthroscopic surgery... Had been that way since the first arthroscopic I had... Will any of this numbness come back to "life" over time?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Some numbness will come back and possibly all, but I still have numbness on the right side. I don't think you should worry too much at this point about the difference in ROM. Your left knee isn't a month old yet and both are still recovering from the trauma of surgery. Remember to think of this recovery in terms of weeks, not days.
 
As Karrib said, think of the recovery in weeks not days. You're doing really well. Your PT seems to be a little too much though I'd say at this stage, funny how PT regimes are so different in the U.S. and UK. The blues is something we all suffer from unfortunately. ROM will come so don't worry about that at the moment, numbness should improve but you need to give it time, don't forget all the nerves and tissues that were cut during surgery.
Rest up, ice and take your meds.
 
Pansy, a big Hug, bookmark and read Pumpkin,s message how our soft tissues and bones went through the operation, and you will know once again you are not alone. I also have BTKR, and I was told by my OS that BTKR are two operations, my right knee used to be my better knee, but after operation, my left knee has always the better one since. So, don,t worry too much as how your two recoveries compared. Come, Hug again. It will all comes out okey, just not today. patience is the key, not worry. If worry can improve our situation, then go ahead worry, otherwise, why waste your engery worrying?
 
So very true... I am better today... Spirits are up and I have my daughter here with me today and she always makes me smile!!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@Pansy727 im glad to hear your daughter is with you;) my two sons are with me and its awesome. Im glad your having a better day. I believe you are doing very well amd this time next week it will be even better;) take care and god bless you.
 
I know they are two totally different knees and two separate operations.. I'm just struggling today.. Hurting down the sides of my knees both lateral and medial and in the back.. Can't get comfortable.. Moving slow..i so wish I could bounce back heck my mom bounced back faster than this.. She had ltkr a couple years ago.. I know bilateral is a total different monster but man today is one of those days I'm wondering why did I do this

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Yes.. Though I have cut back to one pill instead of two and it has been uncomfortable but tonight is pure pain... I mean teary eyed pain... Aches deep and throbs

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Any reason why you don't want to bump up to 2 pills tonight? I was med free until I ticked off my IT band last Friday. Was going to try to tough it out tonight, but gave up a while ago and am waiting for my percocet to kick in. Much rather be pain free than stoic. I am so sorry you are hurting so badly tonight. Makes me feel like a wimp!

And my mother is like yours - she had her knee replaced after she reached 80, and after 3 weeks seemed completely recovered. She is 89 now, and go go goes.
 
Oh I bumped it up tonight.... I can't take it any longer.. And it does make me feel like a wimp

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Why would you feel like a wimp? Your legs were cut, sawed and then hammered in place. I gladly took oxycodone until the pain was gone and never gave one thought to purposely cutting it down. I took it as prescribed for the first 4 weeks, ended up back in the hospital and it was at that point I went from 10mg of oxy to 5mg, however I wasn't bending my leg.
My dad had his knees done taking nothing but Tylenol, but everyone's recovery is different. Take what you need to stay ahead of the pain.
 
@Pansy727 why are you trying to cut down on your pain pills when you so obviously need them? The last thing I am going to do during this recovery is let my pain get out of control. Good pain control is everything. You'll sleep better, move easier, and psychologically be able to handle the recovery better. In my job I see so many people needlessly suffer, they dont want to get addicted to the meds....don't want to appear to be weak...think being off pain meds means they are healing faster. The reasons are endless. If your doc has prescribed the meds and is not forcing you to cut down then please don't. There will be a time when you notice 'hey it's been 5 hours since my last pain med' or 'geez I really feel good today'. It will happen naturally....and it WILL happen Pansy, you're just not ready yet. Hope today is a better day, big hugs to you :)

For the record my 82yo dad had RTKR this past March, he took ONE Percocet then went right to Tylenol and tramadol. Said he had no real pain. Was walking with a cane in 1 week and is doing so well now, not even a limp. Stinker :)
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom