TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

Ok question... I have had two instances now where my right knee popped.. Once while doing pt didn't hurt but was uncomfortable but I have had increased pain in the knee.. Now tonight while getting off the potty (sorry for the tmi) it popped and it hurt.. I heard it pop and it hurt. Then i sat down and it was like my knee cap moved or something.. Wierd.. But now it's still hurting where it popped.. Is this normal?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I've said my knee snaps, crackles and pops in the early weeks particularly. But I was taking my pain meds so I never felt it hurting.
 
Pt today... She is concerned about my left knee.. It is just not moving.. And she said it's not you I can see you trying it's just stuck.. I can't get past 78 degrees... I go to the dr on Tuesday so I guess I'll find out.. It's hard bc my right is doing incredible.. And im at 111 degrees.. And the left holds me back

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
You'll get it figured out (or, rather, somebody will). Hurray for the right knee doing so well.
 
I am paying for pt now.. I feel so strong when she's here then later I'm dying.. Swollen hurting.. Uncomfortable.. Is it gonna be that way for awhile with pt? I don't struggle just hurt.. And of course my left knee is a stubborn mule

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Well legs are crampy tonight.. Just aching like crazy.. Probably did to much.. Tried to help cook dinner tonught and Friday did it but ended up having to sit.. It's hard to believe I'm supposed to go back to work in two weeks... I just can't see it.. I go to the dr Tuesday we will seed what he says. Left knee still being a darn.. Hurts swollen tight painful ugh

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I also hope to help my husband do little bit of chores, but whenever it near my med time, I will stop whatever I m doing and take med, rest twenty minute then see if I can help. Top priority, look after ourselves at this critical few months. I sincerely wish your pain can be better managed and feel brighter soon. Hug.
 
Going to the dr tomorrow.. We shall see what he says.. Left knee had throbbing pain tonight on the inside right where it hurt prior to surgery... I think something is caught and holding my knee back.. Maybe scar tissue.. I don't know but pt today wow afterwards I was like Omg.. She's awesome but she said that left one is bad news... I'm still at 78 degrees.. :(

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Hopefully he will be able to give you some advice to get the knee moving. Any thought of mua yet?
 
My pt thinks I'm gonna need it she says the knee literally will not move

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Well good luck...in the long run I've been told it helps and it doesn't hurt
 
Dr very happy with right knee.. Little concerned about left .. Start outpatient pt next week.. Go back to see him in 3 weeks to decide if we need to manipulate or not

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Work hard but not painfully hard the next 3 weeks and good luck
 
Howdy so I head to out patient pt tomorrow.. Everyone said get ready they will work you.. What can I expect . I'm a little scared... Left knee is still at 78 and hurting like crazy.. I will work but I don't want it to hurt.. Bc I pay for it later with swelling and pain... So what can I expect

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
The first day they will take measurements to see their starting point, and then watch you do a few things to determine what areas need work. Mine had me walk away and back, to judge my gait. He also had me stand with one foot directly in front of the other, heel to toe, and see how long I could balance like that. And of course he measured my flexion and extension. At no time did he push me. I was very self-defensive at first, but by the end of the first session I trusted him to help, not hurt.
 
You want to be the boss at pt. If it hurts tell them to try something else. For example using the bike. Where I go there are 2 types and the lower one I call the Mickey mouse bike that needs little Flexion. Also let them flex you slowly till you tell them to stop. it might be uncomfortable but should not hurt
The first 2 weeks are mostly for extension and flexion then after for strength

It will get better You need 105 to do steps and bike. So numbers are meaningless unless you need to be a pretzel

I went out at 75. See my thread and good luck
 
My dr wants me doing pt a few weeks before he recheck me to decide on mua or not..

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Crossing my fingers and toes things will improve with that troublesome knee.
 
Give it at least 6 weeks before deciding
Yes that's what my dr said... I'll see him again about 8 weeks post op.. It's just no fun bc that left knee holds me back.. It's like dragging it along the other one feels so good.. I mean it aches and hurts some but just from I think working it.. But pain pain.. The left even hurts to touch like it's super sensitive if the cat lays on it or my grandson touches it.. It hurts.. Is that normal? To be so sensitive? Well time to try to go to sleep so I can get tomorrow done.. Pt is in the afternoon.. Then I'm going to get a pedicure with my daughter.. My nails need it bad

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom