TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been reading another thread in which it was suggested that you sleep with a thin bar of soap either in your socks or in the bed!! Yes, I know this sounds crazy but several members have said it really helped with their restless legs!! Sorry to hear you're sore, hope today gets better for you.
 
@Raffs at this point I think I would try anything. I stretched the leg out a lot today at work, so not feeling as sore.
 
Good to hear you're not so sore. Are you working full or part-time this week? My knee doesn't like it when I sit in a chair for too long - how is yours coping? Let us know if you try the soap trick!
 
I get out of my chair a lot, walk around, stretch it out every hour, but still, the lack of sleep is killing me @Raffs I tired the soap, leg wasn't restless, but still could not sleep till around 1. Ugg. I dread the night.....
 
Is it knee pain or restless legs or difficulty in getting comfortable or something else that stops you sleeping?
 
Is it knee pain or restless legs or difficulty in getting comfortable or something else that stops you sleeping?

Actually it's all three at one time or another. Last night it was some pain and couldn't get comfortable. The 2 nights before, restless leg. I still take 2 doses of Norco at night also. I never have had an easy time staying asleep so I guess that is probably part of it. Had to go to funeral services for a young friend today and when I cam home, slept 2 hours!
 
So sorry to hear of your loss. That must have been very emotional.
 
Milestone! I slept in my own bed all night and was only up about 1 hour! I feel so good today :hi:

@Raffs it was very hard. He was a great young man, only 25. Only the good die young I have decided.
 
@tigwy11 I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. My daughter is 26. That is way too young. On another note, I am so happy about your sleep. That is terrific! I'm not quite there! I did sleep in my bed like a normal person last night with no pillow support, no at night icing...but I still couldn't sleep until after 2AM and then I was up a couple of times. Since I don't work I can get up later, so I got up at 8:30. I still need the pain meds at night. I don't need the alarm anymore, the knee tells me, so it's getting better. :egypdance:
 
@momweb I hope I can sleep tonight. PT was hard today.... Pain meds for sure tonight! Yes my kids are 25 and 29. So very hard to lose young ones.
 
That is good news re the sleeping. 25 is so young, that's just awful. Hope you got some sleep last night.
 
I did toss and turn quite a bit. I think the PT worked me too much. I was so sore that I woke up in pain, took pain meds, back to sleep. Had to move to the downstairs bed so I would not keep the hubby up since he has to combine barley tomorrow and needs his sleep too! So glad it's Friday.
Planning on going to a brush and brew thing tomorrow. So you paint a picture while drinking a micro brewed beer. Going with my good friend Rachel. Should be fun. Anyone else have any fun. Planned for the weekend?
 
Sorry to hear you had a rough night. I'm guessing that your hubby is a farmer? Enjoy the brush and brew, sounds really fun.
 
Yep, farmer and rancher. I didn't go to the brush and brew. Just too tired. Slept and rested today along with doing some home chores.
 
I was having trouble sleeping through the night about a year ago and I read that magnesium can help. I took some and slept through the entire night the very first night I tried it and haven't stopped taking it since. (What a godsend!) Even after surgery, I've been fortunate to get good sleep, even with waking every 4 hours for meds. I have been able to go back to sleep quickly. Not sure, but it might be the magnesium?? Might be worth a try?
 
@Braunzie I should. How much do you take? Gonna try Benadryl tonite. I live in a very small town so will have to get it Monday and try it. Thanks.
 
I slept pretty good last night. Just woke up a couple of times. The pain is mostly in the inner ligaments of my knee. I know I should sleep with my leg straight, but I bend it cause it is more comfortable, then it is hard to straighten out and is painful. How do you all sleep, leg straight or bent?

Also, I think I was at work too much. Gonna try to just work from 8-3 this week. I was so worn out. I overdid it, imagine that.
 
My knee tends to automatically find the bend position when I'm asleep, I try and keep it straight going to sleep. I remember my knee being really painful to straighten after having it bent one night some weeks ago, normally fine now.
Think you should definitely try to work shorter hours, you're only 4 weeks out after all.
 
Wow, it must be wonderful living in the country with all that space and beauty. I'm a city mouse but love the country too. Sorry to hear you missed the brush and brew.

I sleep with my leg elevated on three pillows and pretty straight, just a tiny bit bent. But it is so stiff when I get up that I'm not sure I'll continue. Will try different things these next few nights. Have you tried sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees? That works for some folks.

Imagine that indeed!! Good plan to work less if you can.
 
@CATSMUM I think that mime likes to bend that way too! And yep, I jumped the work gun a little too fast!

@Raffs I actually do us the pillow between the knees, and it helps, but still so still to straighten in the morning. I guess that will change I with time. I just feel it should be so much better by now, but really not much change in the last couple of weeks....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom