TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tigwy11 I'm down to twice a week for physical therapy as well. I'm trying to walk, stretch and pedal away my tightness and discomfort. My newest addition is when done to ice the top of the knee while applying moist heat to the back of my leg at the same time. The hope is to improve the nighttime discomfort.

Oh man, I am going to try that heat on the back! Thanks!
 
Well the day went well. I did my stretches, 10 minutes on the elliptical in the morning and then 1/2 mile walk in the afternoon. The pain is better and only need ES Tylenol. I did wake up around 1:30am with some pain and stiffness, but back to sleep by 3. I start work on Monday. I work at a bank as an executive assistant, so I hope I can make it through the day. My PT just said make sure I can stretch out the leg and do my stretches during the day. I am just worried that I will need my nap!
 
Good luck with work, it's really early to go back, in the UK it's a minimum 2 - 3 months. Try and elevate as much as you can.
 
@CATSMUM The PA said 4 weeks for me, but if it is too hard, I will just try 1/2 days for awhile. I want to heal and not push it...
 
Wow, that's not long at all. Take care and try and work 1/2 days if you can.
 
4 weeks does not seem very long at all. Half days would be a great idea if you can do that.
 
Back to work already?? I'm a week ahead of you and there's no way I could go back to work now. I retired after my last TKR so I don't have to worry about it, but 4 weeks doesn't seem long enough to recover from this.
 
Completely agree with gigi32, really 4 weeks is too early to return to work.
 
Thank you all for your concern. I think I can do it,but if not, 1/2 days. I will Keep the leg up, do My stretches and take breaks as needed. My boss is very understanding and will let me do what I want.
 
Wow @tigwy11 I had my surgery 3 days before you and I can't imagine going back to work full-time, maybe part-time. But, like you said your boss is willing to work with you, which is wonderful. I'm a retired teacher so I don't have to worry about going back to work. I still get too tired. I've just begun to cut down my Dilaudid during the day and nights are still a problem for me sleeping. I'm anxious to hear how it all works out. Keep us posted.
 
@momweb i used to teach so yes, no way you could go back to that this soon! But mostly I am at the computer and I think I will be ok. I will still go to PT twice a week and do stretches and I told my boss I may need a nap!
 
Hope all goes well today at work. Post later to let us know how you got on.

If you've seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies you may have seen the one where Johnny Depp's character paints eyes onto his closed eyelids so that nobody knows if he's asleep or not - you could give this a go and enjoy a nap without your boss realising!!!! :rofsign:
 
I hope all goes well for you today. I am twelve weeks today, returning to work for six hour shifts starting tomorrow fur a few weeks and am very nervous!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
@tigwy11 Wow, good for you. I made it through the day without a nap and I was real proud of myself. I even vacuumed and washed the kitchen floors (Boy, did it need it after 4 weeks). I just did a real good massage on the back of my knee and it feels great. Let's hope we both get some sleep tonight. It's been awhile!:console2:
 
@momweb good for you! Ya, my house needs a good cleaning! I massages my knee all day with my massage rock. Works good! Let's repeat the mantra sleep please, sleep please!
 
That's one busy day then - work and PT! Glad it went well. Hope you slept well.
 
Glad to hear you made it through your first day, how's the knee feeling today? Hope you managed to sleep.
 
The knee is for sure sore today. Icing before work. Stretching out. I slept ok, I get restless leg for awhile every nite. Anyone else out there have a cure for that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom