TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was was not told I needed to wear TED hose. Perhaps that depends on blood levels? I was sent home on aspirin 2 times a day, anti inflammatory medication and my pain meds.
 
I feel the same - why isn't it much better by now?? Guess our knees will do what they want to do and we just have to get on their timetable. It's hard but no point fighting what we can't change.
 
@tigwy11 - the magnesium gel caps I get at Costco are 400 mg, and I take two. Word of warning, they can have the opposite affect of pain meds, if you get my drift.. (which can come in handy when you're taking pain meds!) I was just amazed at what a difference it made with my ability to sleep through the night.. If you try it, let us know how it works for you.. Good luck! :wink:
 
Actually last night, my knee did not wake me up, my snoring husband and barking dog did, lol! Off to work but only until 3 today. I think I also need a box under my desk to keep my leg elevated....
 
I have a snoring husband too...foam earplugs have pretty much saved my marriage at times, lol! Hope work went well today and that you found a way to elevate your leg.
 
@Raffs I can't handle the ear plugs! I have tried them. Work was ok, left at 3, took a nap when I got home. PT was better,he slowed it down a little for me but made me scream when trying to straighten. On my own, without any prep, I can bend to 97 :)
 
So yesterday was good! I stretched my leg out all day at work so when I got home, did my nap and then actually did some yard work. The wind blew a lot of branches and shingles onto the lawn. Got it partway cleaned u p. Felt good to move the knee. But, then I had trouble getting to sleep. Does anyone else have this issue? You move your knee around, feels good, but then at bed time, it is not ready to sleep!
 
I've had this problem for a couple of weeks. I end up taking a narcotic pain pill to fall asleep. Last night, I actually moved to the couch and elevated my knee for several hours. It's so frustrating.
 
Sounds like a wee bit like restless leg, many of us get it I think there is a paper on it into the ref section. Many say magnesium is the best. I had it and won the marathon several times.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Bending to 97 without prep is great. With lots of warm up I can get to 107! Without warm-up, not so much... I feel like my knee likes to be moved around but then complains after, I can't win! Are you taking pain meds at night? I've read somewhere else on here about magnesium helping with this.
 
My pain med before bed was the last dose to go. I think around 10 weeks, with an occasional one up to 12 weeks depending how the day went.
 
I woke up from surgery with three four inch ace bandages wrapped around from my ankle to above my knee.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I keep forgetting to buy the magnesium. I get to work and then am just to tired go home instead of shop. I should probably just order online. I still take my pain meds at bedtime and in the middle of the night if pain wakes me. Tying to stretch it out a lot at home so PT is not quite so hard. I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow, but usually it's sa tough time after PT then sitting at work.... Maybe tomorrow will be better!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Are you having formal PT now that you are back at work? I was thinking about starting outpatient PT next week as I resume my job. Too much? I am conflicted. How is it going for you?
 
Probably too much, Slainte. Wait until you're adjusted to work before messing with PT.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Are you having formal PT now that you are back at work? I was thinking about starting outpatient PT next week as I resume my job. Too much? I am conflicted. How is it going for you?

I have had outpatient PT from day 4. The hardest part is going back to work after my session and sitting. I am going to try a gel pack tomorrow after PT and try not to sit too much.
 
It was hard at PT but iced and walked around more after. Now home icing and then. A nap!
 
Hope you got your nap and that your knee hasn't grumbled too much after PT. Do you go to PT every day?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom