Guest viewing is limited

TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have knee highs with the attractive hole where my toes poke out. 6 weeks, day and night apart from showering. I was on blood thinning injections but only for the first 10 days.

Maybe I could handle the knee highs better. The thigh highs keep rolling down...
 
@Raffs PT went well. My main issue is straightening. I can get to 115 ROM bend but hard to straighten out and it hurts! But I have not really been able to straighten it since my initial injury in April of 2013 so I just keep trying. How are you doing?
 
Finally, today, after almost 3 weeks I am starting to feel I am making progress and on the road to recovery. It has been a rough 3 weeks! Probably the hardest thing I have ever been though. I know there will be more struggles, but I finally am feeling pretty good about this with less pain and more movement. :loveshwr:
 
That's a great bend! I was only at 75 last Friday so you're doing fantastically. Just keep gently working on the straightening and you'll get there. I'm lucky in that I've been able to fully straighten my leg right out of surgery. Great news that you're feeling that you're making progress, well done!
 
May have over did it yesterday. I felt so good so did some housework which was much needed, just had a short nap and went out to dinner. Now I have the night time aches. Using my tens unit. Hope to get back to sleep soon......
 
Eeek! Yes perhaps you did overdo it just a little. But at least you went out for a nice dinner!
 
@Raffs I did get back to sleep! Just was achey pain on the inside tendons which are the bad ones. I am taking is easy today. Hope your day goes well :hugzz:
 
I had to wear DVT pumps for 20 hours a day for the first 2 weeks. That was not fun. They wrapped around my legs and gently inflated and massages my calves. I had to carry around a battery pack on my neck. Now that was a pain. I'm so happy to be done with that!

I do wear compression socks sometimes, I act feel they are supportive and feel good. Although like anything else, wear them too long and it drives me crazy. :flabber:
 
I had to wear DVT pumps for 20 hours a day for the first 2 weeks. That was not fun. They wrapped around my legs and gently inflated and massages my calves. I had to carry around a battery pack on my neck. Now that was a pain. I'm so happy to be done with that!

I do wear compression socks sometimes, I act feel they are supportive and feel good. Although like anything else, wear them too long and it drives me crazy. :flabber:

Oh wow, I should quit complaining. I ditched the compression socks but seems to be fine. I Move around a lot!
 
Well my first adventure on my own today. I am driving myself to PT, then a massage. The knee seems to feel pretty good today. 3 week anniversary today for me. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.
 
@tigwy11 I just saw your thread and I'm just a couple days earlier than you. I haven't driven yet, I think I'm still afraid to , I guess. I had issues with spasms in my hamstrings which have settled down to just at night every so often, thank goodness. I wore the compression stockings one day. I move around a lot, like you. What happened to me was when I took them off at night, the fluid the stockings were holding in released rapidly down to my ankle and I had swollen ankles. I was more swollen with them on, than with them off, so I chose not to wear them. When I went to the OS to have the staples removed and they asked about the compression, I explained why I wasn't wearing them, they had no problem with my explanation.

I still have issues with sleeping at night, but it is getting better, so I'm hoping in the coming weeks things will settle down even more. My last measurements were 127/0 so I'm doing real well. Just trying to slowly get stronger. I'm letting my knee be my guide.
 
@Raffs it was awesome. And only extra strength Tylenol for pain so far today and it seems to be working!

@momweb those stockings are not fun! Glad you got to ditch yours too. Wow your ROM is excellent! Mine was great bending back today but straightening still painful. PT says I am still doing good for 3 weeks. Yes sleeping still not the best here either.....

So far having had a great day!:yes!:
 
That's great. Are you seeing your PT regularly?
 
Not on a set schedule but will probably work out at about once a week. I'm paying for it myself as I know it will be beneficial. Doing good thanks. Had hydrotherapy today, have written about it on my thread. Hope you're having a great day.
 
@tigwy11 I'm down to twice a week for physical therapy as well. I'm trying to walk, stretch and pedal away my tightness and discomfort. My newest addition is when done to ice the top of the knee while applying moist heat to the back of my leg at the same time. The hope is to improve the nighttime discomfort.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom