TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just posted a long update.....:thumb:

How're you?
 
Once I get up and moving I am great. Right now crossing my right leg over my left. It's the small things! Going to read you....
 
For got I was gonna post what I did at the PT:

15 minutes on the sit down elliptical (not sure why you call it)
8 on the regular elliptical with 1 minute down, 30 sec up.
12 minutes on the bike- took me a bout 3 minutes to make it all the way around,
3 1 minute calve stretches
Lateral raises with heal taps 3 sets of 15 on an 8 inch step- hard!

He said just keep stretching and walking at home.
 
Yeah, all about the small things! What's an elliptical?? 12 mins on the bike is pretty cool.
 
@Raffs this is an elliptical. What do you call it in the UK?
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 6-25-15 TKR op date
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 135
Strange how different things are from one OS to another. I was in the hydro pool 3 days after surgery and my OS said I can go swimming from now on. Whirlpool tub sounds lovely...
 
I will ask my OS next Tuesday at my checkup about the whirlpool. Knee feels almost normal this morning, not as stiff as usual when I get up. Happy Monday :wave:
 
PT workout today!
10 minutes sit down elyptical
14 minutes on the bike, short seat
3 sets of hamstring lifts, 15 each 70 lbs and it was not too hard
3 1 minute stretches in between- rom at 116 at best!
3 sets of quad lifts, 15 each
Wall sits, 3 for 1 minute and then sitting with thigh forward, heal back.

I a getting stronger and rom getting better
 
Phew!! I'm tired just reading that list! Your rom is good, no need to worry about that. Great to hear you are getting stronger.
 
I would advise you to follow surgeon's instructions about the whirlpool. While we usually say you should be safe if your incision appears completely healed externally, I would not like to advise you to disregard what your OS advises. He may have his reasons.
 
Hi all
I'm now a little over 4 weeks out
Had to go back to work so swelling is up but not painful
Has anyone gone to work that early ?
And what has been your experience with the swelling
I ice and elevate 3 times a day or more but swelling does not go away completly
 
I went back to work at 3 1/2 weeks. I have a super cushy desk job, and find now that I am more tired after a weekend day than a work day, but the first week I was toast. I have an armless chair on wheels next to my desk chair and I brought a fluffy pillow from home to place in that chair. I jacked it up as high as it would go and prop my leg up on it. I also have my cryocuff and can ice if I need to. Kept the swelling down. Am propping and icing less as the weeks go by.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom