TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no pain meds lat night! Just Tylenol PM! Didn't think I could do it, but did!
 
Not so good last tight, had to take one.... Sigh, one step forward and then back again. I guess that is normal. PT today so hopefully I can make it through the day wilt not very good sleep. Hope your night goes well. How many hours difference are we?
 
Yep, forwards then backwards..... Hope PT goes well. Update us on your numbers later. I'm 7 hours ahead of you (assuming you're the same as Cheyenne) so it's 2.30pm now.
 
I am off pain meds except for 1000 mg Tylenol at lunchtime (just for the heck of it, really - probably some inflammation there somewhere), but at night I still take percocet, Robaxin and as of last night, Tylenol PM. I think sleep is so important, but I think natural sleep is much better, so am with you on trying to reduce the sleep aids I require. But for now I will take the sleep at any price.
 
@Slainte wow, you are doing great! I still take ES Tylenol 1000 mg 2times a day, and the PM at night. I have always had sleep issues, so not just the knee thing. i had another PT today who mostly worked on balance and did some massage, muscle release, so it felt good then but pretty sore now. She didn't check my ROM.

I am north of Cheyenne about 5 hours but yes, same time zone @Raffs hope you day went well.
 
How're you and how's your weekend been so far?
 
Good. Busy. Mowed lawn, most with riding mower but some push. Went to a concert. Now shopping. I probably have over done but it's worth it to do normal things. Sitting to rest right now. How was your weekend???
 
That's great. Agree re normal things. Done the same myself, you can read all about it on my thread if you're interested :eyebrows:. Now icing and watching TV. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
 
@Slainte wow, you are doing great! I still take ES Tylenol 1000 mg 2times a day, and the PM at night. I have always had sleep issues, so not just the knee thing. i had another PT today who mostly worked on balance and did some massage, muscle release, so it felt good then but pretty sore now. She didn't check my ROM.
I found work on balance in PT very valuable. Lots of muscles you realize you either haven't been using properly due to the bad knees and/or need to be conscious of as you recover.
 
New ice wrap I found. Put under water then freeze 20 minutes. Seems to stay pretty cool for 30 minutes or so.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 6-25-15 TKR op date
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 202
Loving the hot pink ice pack!! Are you back to working full time now? How's it going?
 
I am going to try full time this week? Will let you know how it goes. Didn't sleep good last night, so may be a short day today. Luckily my work is pretty flexible with me.
 
So I need to learn from you. Friday I go to my first outpatient PT, have to be there at 8am because that is the earliest they do evals. After that I can go at 7am, which works a bit better as I will only be slightly late for my 8am workday. Do you go before work? And how many times a week do they want you to go? Will I be in pain the rest of the day? I am nervous about this!
 
@Slainte I go 2 times a week, during my lunch time so get back a little late. Make sure you bring some kind of ice pack for work for after the session, like those jell ones you strap on. You will be sore for sure. I hope you are not working full time Yet. The first week I went back to work, full time, with PT, twice a week. I was so worn out by Friday I slept all weekend! Then the next week I just worked a 6 hour day, 7 hours last week and now going full time. I had PT today and did fine. Ease into it!
 
I went back to work full time last Monday. Today was much easier than last Monday was. I took my cryocuff to the office so I can ice and elevate when I get there. I have not iced since last Friday, but I bet once I start PT I will need it. I have grown accustomed to not having any pain, and I really don't want a PT messing that up for me!

And yes, I was thrilled when last Friday rolled around and I could crash for most of the weekend!
 
Sounds like you are doing well. I bet you will be fine. My issue at work is I sit a lot and forget to get up and move, then get stiff. I really don't have too much pain just stiffness after PT and then having to sitting. Let me know how it goes!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom