Guest viewing is limited

TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is what I did in PT yesterday.

15 minutes on recumbent bike
10 minutes on elliptical with squatting every 30 seconds for a minute
Heal lifts, 3 sets of 15
Calf stretch, 3 for 1 minute
Dips, using poles, leg on bench, 3 sets each let- very hard
Stretch knee as far as can bend on bench with pressure from PT- not fun!
Stretch for quads at end




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I don't think I would have liked that session. How was it for you?


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
That sounds quite brutal! How's the knee feeling now?
 
I refused to let anyone push on my knee. Even while trying to measure ROM, only my hands were pushing my knee. :no-fin:
 
That sounds like too much PT for such a new knee. How does your knee feel now?
If it's sore or stiff, you should probably ask to cut back some of those exercises, especially the squats, which are brutal on a new knee.
After all, your knee is recovering from major surgery, not training for the Olympics.
 
Well, the knee itself is usually not sore, just the muscles and tendons. Usually only right after PT. then the day after, it feels really good and less sore. Believe me, if it hurts too Much I say stop! I do feel my quads are stronger and walking is better. ROM changes day by day, extension is finally getting better. I still have the tight band, but earlier today, I was almost walking normal at the office. My co workers noticed! So, I guess I feel the PT has helped.
 
That's great. I have the opposite situation - PT makes my knee unhappy! That's great news re your walking.
 
Excellent news about your walking, well done. Just don't overdo things.
 
Just keep listening to the knee. At work and in PT.
 
I will keep listening. I walked quite a bit today in short spurts. Now ice, shower and sleep hopefully!
 
If you can work out what your knee is saying, please let me know so I can try communicating with mine!! :snork:
 
Yes, the message sometimes is garbled. :wink: But usually it's the same message: ice, rest and elevate more. :idea::heehee:
 
Yeahbut if the knee only flashed a warning light when you're about to enter the ODIC to avoid after the fact issues! ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Finally! I feel I am getting somewhere! Walking pretty normal, not a lot of stiffness and I pedaled a stationary bike today, all the way around for 12 minutes! Didn't think I could do it and then it just worked! Feeling pretty accomplished! :yahoo:
 
I guess 7 weeks is my magic number! And it's Firday! Everyone have a wonderful weekend. I am planning on hanging at home doing some normal stuff, housework, yard work and a little fun with the grand sons.
 
Sounds great, have fun. Hope 7 turns out to be my magic number too!
 
So happy to hear you are doing so well.
I have not been on a bike yet - next Wednesday my PT will let me try one. I have an old Beach Cruiser in my garage. I told him my goal is to be able to ride around the neighborhood again. Happy Friday right back atcha!
 
I've been able to sleep quite well using a memory foam wedge. It keeps me from thrashing around and elevates my knee, reducing the swelling. I'm almost 4 weeks but have not driven yet. My husband is holding my driver license hostage!
 
@Thesoutherncook Sometimes I use a pillow between my legs. I just don't sleep good normally, so this has added to it. I had one good nite of sleep this week! Driving was essential to me since I live 37 miles from work and PT.
@Slainte i feel like 100% better this week! It's amazing what a difference a week makes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom