TKR 5 Years Post Op

MUA update, it's been rescheduled for Monday instead of today. Oh well, gives me this weekend to get some stuff done before the procedure.
 
Enjoy the weekend - and good luck on Monday. I know it was a difficult decision for you.
 
that's good. you can get everything in order before the procedure; making a list and checking it twice!:groan:
 
Well, that's not a bad thing Dvannie. It will allow you to have a decent weekend and get some things in order before the procedure. Monday will be here soon enough, right? Sending you positive vibes for great results on Monday!
 
How annoying for you. I bet you just wish it was over. Try not to dwell on it over the weekend (easier said than done!)
 
It's somewhat disappointing in only that I had psyched myself up for it. I intend to put it out of my mind as much as I can this weekend and have some fun with the little pain I have right now since I will be reset on Monday :smile2:

Thanks for all of your words of encouragement!
 
Do something fun this weekend out of the house because after the MUA you'll be swollen and sore. Go to a movie, out to eat, visit friends, have fun!
 
Best wishes for Monday. Don't forget to ask your surgeon how far he was able to bend your knee.

Don't overwork your knee - it will be newly injured and will need gentle treatment for a while, not exercise boot camp.
 
Awesome news! I'm back home now after the MUA. The surgeon was able to bend the knee to 120 degrees while under anesthetic! That horrible pulling feeling is no longer there when I walk and I was bending at least 90 degrees to get home. So exciting! :yahoo:

I'm currently elevated and icing and have taken my Meds but so far so good, knock on wood, the pains and swelling are not too bad. I'm sure it will get worse but so far so good. :smile2:
 
Excellent news, dvannie! Now you know for sure what your ROM can be (and it might be even more after fully recovering), and can relax and enjoy your healing. Lots of ice and elevating for you, and the mantras still apply to your MUA knee: less pain means more gain. Keep your PT gentle. So far, so good... and getting better!
 
Terrific news! Take it easy and you'll reap the benefits. Isn't it lovely to have a knee that actually bends?!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom